Home

Which Madden has the best franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Which Madden has the best franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-11-2020, 08:50 PM   #1
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Which Madden has the best franchise mode?

I have not purchased Madden except twice this past decade. I've spent a ton of time playing NCAA even since its demise. However, I broke out Madden 16 the other day that I've had for a few years and gave it a run and really enjoyed it. But I ran into the old bug where it locks up your CFM when you exit a game after you play it. I spent a ton of time searching and looking for solutions, but couldn't find one. I am considering purchasing another edition of Madden, but didn't know which one had the best franchise mode, because that is the only thing I want to play. I don't want to play online, just my own, offline mode. I want gameplay to be good, as I felt it was on 16, but a well set up franchise mode is most important. Which year is best to you since 16 and why? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2020, 01:55 AM   #2
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Which Madden has the best franchise mode?

Disregarding game play and speaking purely on franchise mode. I would vote Madden 20
Old 02-12-2020, 07:09 AM   #3
MVP

tru11's Arena

best franchise modes are on ps2
Old 02-12-2020, 07:57 AM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

For me Definitely Madden 20, don’t get me wrong even in this years game franchise mode still has a long way to go. But for me the new more realistic contract values and demands of players alone make 20 worth it for me. In this years game you finally have to make some tough roster decisions unlike in previous maddens where it was to easy to re-sign all of your top players. Especially once you have to pay your QB it gets rough keeping everyone you want to once your paying your signal caller $40 million a year.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:15 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

The PS2 versions were my favorite. I really liked the direction they were heading where first round picks were expecting to start within three years. I also liked the year Fitzgerald and Polamalu were on the cover and progression wasn’t based on stats

The only stuff added this generation that I like are being able to edit everyone after starting the franchise, this year’s contract demands, and not having to scout to see a player’s measurables before the draft

Last edited by reyes the roof; 02-12-2020 at 11:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2020, 11:31 AM   #6
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
The only stuff added this generation that I like are being able to edit everyone after starting the franchise, this year’s contract demands, and not having to scout to see a player’s measurables before the draft
This ^^^

I’m still pretty frustrated myself that we didn’t get much in ways of franchise improvements this generation. But in my opinion just the contract demands and more realistic contract values themselves added quite a bit of fun factor alone just through the added challenge of keeping a roster intact. And it’s cool how the market resets based on contracts signed around the league. In my online league with 32 users you should see the kind of contracts OLB’s are asking for thanks to a couple of big ones handed out by other teams that drove the market up. There was a 78 ovr normal dev OLB in free agency in our last offseason asking for almost $10 million a year.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:44 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm in the same boat...only buying Madden maybe at best every other year. But I must say Madden 20 by far is the most fun I've had in a football franchise mode since the PS2 NCAA games.

This year I decided to play as a coach instead of an owner (switched to try it out after some recommendations) for the 1st time and every week has something going on. Between development decisions, the ratings spread making backups important, contract dealing, tougher trade engine, it's a marked improvement.

I play a single player online franchise and use a slightly modified version of Cycloniacs CPU v CPU/Coach Mode sliders and switch between playing offense and watching in slow sim mode (much more enjoyable than you'd think).

I got the game at Xmas and actually wish I'd gotten it earlier to enjoy it a bit more time before MLB the Show hits.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #8
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

"Best" is in the eye of the beholder...

But for me, I'll say this. I've played my longest ever franchise and played more total franchise seasons on Madden 20 than any other Madden by a significant margin.

I've just had a blast with this game....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »