Home

My suggestions for Create A Fighter

This is a discussion on My suggestions for Create A Fighter within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-05-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

As we could be nearing the release of UFC 4; there are some things regarding character creation that I'd like to address one last time.

I'll start the thread off with MartialMind's latest video regarding character creation where he gets the physical aspects of a character creation down to a tee.

But, there are things I'd like to address that were not included in the video.

Custom Attires:

Using the image above as an example (a bunch of characters I've created using the suite from WWE 2k18), where the two characters towards the left have the conventional UFC kit whereas those towards the right have more fleshed out designs.
I'd like to be able use attire that's not limited to the gear within the Reebok deal or the chosen nation for your fighter, for example; making use of tassels, cutouts, trimming, different ankle wraps or even arm bands etc (for example, what Muay Thai fighters wear).
Being able to adjust the colour through the use of a colour wheel wouldn't go a miss either, any change that can add more personality to a fighters kit.

Tattoo Shapes/Colours:

While the tattoo system is among the best I've seen in a game, there is one pet peeve I have with it. If you wanted to use one of the generic shapes, you need to select a new shape if you decide you want it in a different colour.
What I'd propose for this, strip the options down to the base shapes (perhaps adding more shape options to choose from) and allow us to change the colour of it through the use of a colour wheel after we've selected the shape.
What also may be beneficial; is to be able to assign multiple shapes to a group, so you can adjust the colour of that group simultaneously.

Hairstyles and editing:

Again revisiting the suite from WWE, you have a bunch of options for editing a hairstyle; such as dye editor or shave.

The dye editor allows you to add multiple colours or highlights, and the shave editor allows patterns to be carved into the shorter sides of a fighters hair. These are little things that can really help your CAF to stand out, especially if you're not utilizing the gameface tool.

As Martial has already pointed out, ANY hairstyle already feature within the game should be available for use in CAF. I also find it quite dull that almost all hairstyles for female characters are tied in some way; sure it makes sense from a realism point of view, but seeing that the impact
hairstyles make is purely cosmetic/superficial perhaps it doesn't have to be confined to reality from a creative point of view. For example; bangs/fringe or a samurai/pony tail.

Custom Fighter Cards: (This is more of an Ultimate Team Feature)

This isn't particularly a big deal, but could help add more personality to a fighters presentation. Something that SoulCalibur VI allows you to do, is to take a picture to use for that created character. In Ultimate Team there were many signature cards with unique styles; however you couldn't create your own and your CAFS would have a generic background based on that card.
Also your created fighter would also appear (to other players) as a blank silhouette with the generic CREATED FIGHTER as a name.

Assuming that Ultimate Team is going in a similar direction in the next game, this is just one of those little things that can improve how players present their fighters/teams.
#1 LEC x3

Last edited by RTSImperator; 02-19-2020 at 12:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2020, 12:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: My suggestions for Create A Fighter

I totally agree, on the issue of the creation and editing of characters, UFC 4 has to improve a lot, leaving the fans of this game much more freedom in the editing of characters, in all factors, much more variety of hairstyles, an extensive range of colors for these hairs, to be able to make wicks in the hair, also to be able to go beyond the contract that is had with Reebok and with it to be able to edit the fighters' equipment, the colors of these ...

I love to create my own fighters, I am a fan of the edition, so I come asking EA again and again to give us much more freedom, to allow us to create hundreds and hundreds of fighters, not to stay with 22 as has happened in the previous games.

Last edited by Leiqueros; 02-05-2020 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Honestly, they should just look at the WWE games and copy that exact model. The WWE games have by far the best creation tools of any sports/fighting game. Take that model and adapt it to an MMA game. Perfect.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:52 PM   #4
Banned

Not gonna lie the 2k series has the best CAF system ever in a video game and Ive never played any 2k game in my life. It just looks great to me.

Now Im being realistic. Its probably not what EA is aiming at simply because they have created a very expensive face creator which is a good software tbh. I was able to create Sub Zero and Scorpion and I think I did a pretty good job. Its possible to create good CAFs with the ****ty system EA has, but its very time consuming these 2 cost me about 10-12 hrs, thats too long. I also ran into great CAFs online in UFC 2 and 3.

So EA gameface was created to put the players face (your face and my face into the game). They copied it from Pro Evolution Soccer but thats a different topic. Both did it with the intention to put your face on a player and not Spiderman or Iron Man. 2k WWE needs such a CAF system cause costumed and masked fighters and hairy giants are a thing in the real WWE.

But I totally agree... better costumizing like 2ks CAF creator is what we want and need, but not what we gonna get on PS 4. I'd love to be in the wrong corner with my opinion here.... Dont get me wrong.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:02 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Ragdoll Guy
Not gonna lie the 2k series has the best CAF system ever in a video game and Ive never played any 2k game in my life. It just looks great to me.

Now Im being realistic. Its probably not what EA is aiming at simply because they have created a very expensive face creator which is a good software tbh. I was able to create Sub Zero and Scorpion and I think I did a pretty good job. Its possible to create good CAFs with the ****ty system EA has, but its very time consuming these 2 cost me about 10-12 hrs, thats too long. I also ran into great CAFs online in UFC 2 and 3.

So EA gameface was created to put the players face (your face and my face into the game). They copied it from Pro Evolution Soccer but thats a different topic. Both did it with the intention to put your face on a player and not Spiderman or Iron Man. 2k WWE needs such a CAF system cause costumed and masked fighters and hairy giants are a thing in the real WWE.

But I totally agree... better costumizing like 2ks CAF creator is what we want and need, but not what we gonna get on PS 4. I'd love to be in the wrong corner with my opinion here.... Dont get me wrong.
Great job on those CAFs btw, I agree that we shouldn't be expecting anything on the level of the WWE 2k series, seeing as this is also an MMA game. I'd definitely be happy though if they brought about the changes requested by Martial in his video and what I've suggested in this thread however.

My main issue with UFCs CAF is, you pretty much HAVE to depend on Gameface and ridiculous use of the tattoo system to create those good CAFs.

The Tattoo system itself could do with more ease of use and customization, it's best when used to create essentially 'super hero' characters that wear those skin tight body suits, because tattooing any other piece of clothing on often just looks corny imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2020, 04:19 AM   #6
Rookie

As long as the custom creation is on the REALISTIC side not wwe , tekken or mortal kombat side then I’m all for it. Let’s not forgot EA SPORTS UFC is based on the real ufc and whatever deal they have with other companies. I’ll like to keep the game more based in real life and the attire ufc fighters wear now. I’m down for A VERY DEEP character customization but u lost me with the cutout thing and orc lmfao come on people let’s not turn an MMA game into these other fighting games. This is a sports game at the end of the day

Last edited by Jizamurai; 02-07-2020 at 04:23 AM.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:38 AM   #7
Pro

LarsP's Arena

I would love this but we are comparing probably one of the best creation suites in a game ever to one of the worst ever.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizamurai
As long as the custom creation is on the REALISTIC side not wwe , tekken or mortal kombat side then I’m all for it. Let’s not forgot EA SPORTS UFC is based on the real ufc and whatever deal they have with other companies. I’ll like to keep the game more based in real life and the attire ufc fighters wear now. I’m down for A VERY DEEP character customization but u lost me with the cutout thing and orc lmfao come on people let’s not turn an MMA game into these other fighting games. This is a sports game at the end of the day
You are aware that people already make 'unrealistic' creations in these games already? People just use the gameface feature to do it along with the tattoo system.

But unless Ultimate Team is your main mode, you may well never even see it. Which brings me to my next point, what I'm proposing is an option, it doesn't have to affect everyone that plays the game.

For example; if you're a player that focuses on ranked, offline or doesn't particularly care for character creation.
Then it's very likely it would have no impact on your experience of the game.

Custom Attires isn't a new thing either, Fight Night Champion had 'Gladiator' styled trunks and Pantaloons for example. But you wouldn't have to deal with it unless you played Online World Championship (the equivalent of Ultimate Team at the time).

Now regarding the reebok deal, IMO it is holding back this aspect of the game. Even UFC 1 gave you a bunch of options for trunks and custom logos. Now everyone's kit is almost completely identical.

Last edited by RTSImperator; 02-08-2020 at 05:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »