Home

Created/Custom/New Stadiums In MLB 20?

This is a discussion on Created/Custom/New Stadiums In MLB 20? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-03-2020, 08:01 PM   #1
Rookie

CrimsonLeal's Arena

OVR: 0
Created/Custom/New Stadiums In MLB 20?

With The Show gameplay streams starting in just a few days, there has been a lot of talk about Franchise Relocation coming to MLB The Show 20. And although it is no longer a rumor of whether it will be in the game or not, there are still a lot of questions yet to be answered on the depths of this new option coming to the game.

A lot of people are curious of how much freedom we will get with jersey and logo customization, as well as if there will be any limitations to where we can and can't relocate. However the one thing I am most curious about is stadiums.

Some people think that a Create-a-Stadium mode is asking for too much in this year game. Which it kinda is. But personally I would find it a real let down if we didn't get some kind of new stadiums in this years game. What is the point of getting to change your team's name and location if the game will just stick you in a minor league or classic stadium. Relocated Franchise games would feel a lot like DD games.

I am definitely not expecting some elaborate, state of the art Stadium developer mode for MLB20. I'm expecting them to let us choose between 2-4 pre-made generic looking MLB stadiums for our newly made teams to play in. A fully developed Stadium Creator mode sounds more like something we will see on PS5 titles.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2020, 08:34 PM   #2
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Re: Created/Custom/New Stadiums In MLB 20?

I think you are on the right track with a few custom stadiums that we could choose from. I'm hoping that the audio is done properly with this option. I suppose we will find out very soon

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2020, 11:36 AM   #3
Rookie

dbekoscke's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonLeal
With The Show gameplay streams starting in just a few days, there has been a lot of talk about Franchise Relocation coming to MLB The Show 20. And although it is no longer a rumor of whether it will be in the game or not, there are still a lot of questions yet to be answered on the depths of this new option coming to the game.

A lot of people are curious of how much freedom we will get with jersey and logo customization, as well as if there will be any limitations to where we can and can't relocate. However the one thing I am most curious about is stadiums.

Some people think that a Create-a-Stadium mode is asking for too much in this year game. Which it kinda is. But personally I would find it a real let down if we didn't get some kind of new stadiums in this years game. What is the point of getting to change your team's name and location if the game will just stick you in a minor league or classic stadium. Relocated Franchise games would feel a lot like DD games.

I am definitely not expecting some elaborate, state of the art Stadium developer mode for MLB20. I'm expecting them to let us choose between 2-4 pre-made generic looking MLB stadiums for our newly made teams to play in. A fully developed Stadium Creator mode sounds more like something we will see on PS5 titles.

Thoughts?
I have reason to believe that there will be some set of new relocation stadiums to choose from in MLBTS20.

And I agree that this franchise feature could really be flushed out on next gen consoles.

And here's to hoping that a create-a-stadium feature can be implemented within DD in the next year or two. That would be super fun playing in your own custom park or in your opponents' own custom park. Of course, there would need to be some restrictions in place concerning how you are able to build your home park (something along the lines of MVP Baseball or NCAA Baseball shouldn't be out of the question IMO).
Old 02-04-2020, 02:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonLeal

Thoughts?
I would assume the create a team would basically just pull the creator from Diamond Dynasty. It would be silly to me not to just use that as it is already in the game, and while it is a bit frustrating to use, decent once you get the hang of it.

I do agree with the premade MLB looking stadiums. I hope I am wrong and they have a full blown Create a Stadium but that seems highly unlikely to me as a feature for 2020 - perhaps MLB The Show 21.

Either way im excited to have any sort of relocation in the game.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

dunno if they will have had time in 20 to add any more fictional stadiums but all they really need to do is have the existing minor league stadiums have a duplicate stadium with major league seating capacity, so they wouldn't have to start over from scratch. but it does appear maybe Sony made some big hires over the last year, so new fictional stadiums cant be out of the question, until Sony confirms they are.

A Work in Progress
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2020, 05:07 PM   #6
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4

Did anyone play MVP 06 NCAA Baseball?

It had a really cool Create-a-Stadium feature that worked brilliantly

If EA Sports could bust that out on the PS2, I'd wager it's not beyond SCEA's capabilities.

I would do terrible things for a create-a-ballpark feature. And if it's attached to expansion teams and I can be the freakin Portland Otters with a forest green and brown color scheme... I might never leave the house
Old 02-04-2020, 06:06 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
Did anyone play MVP 06 NCAA Baseball?

It had a really cool Create-a-Stadium feature that worked brilliantly

If EA Sports could bust that out on the PS2, I'd wager it's not beyond SCEA's capabilities.

I would do terrible things for a create-a-ballpark feature.
I would imagine it would be tons easier to have create a stadium on the ps2 than the ps4 or even the 3 or 5. I really think a user created stadium now wouldn't hold up well with the other in-game stadiums. but on the ps2 I bet my meemaw could have cranked out something worthy of the other stadiums in the ps2 era.

A Work in Progress
Old 02-05-2020, 01:54 AM   #8
Rookie

Honestly and i know i could be getting peoples hopes up and understand the apprehensiveness. However, think about it, it wouldnt need to be a monster of a project if they keep it simple (similar to mvp) pick 1 of 5 of the following:

City scapes- backgrounds (rural, downtown, beach etc.)
Seating
How many levels
5 different lighting banks (fenway,comerica etc)
Height and distance of wall

Done deal. Keep it simple.
When ps5 launches than introduce specifics like the cn tower, the STL arch, the orioles factory building etc.

Keep in mind scea does projects over time they dont just all of the sudden in one dev cycle pull out something deep

Sent from my LG-H873 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »