Home

NBA 2K20 MyTeam: Jeremy Lin Spotlight Series Guide

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 MyTeam: Jeremy Lin Spotlight Series Guide within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-28-2020, 10:30 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K20 MyTeam: Jeremy Lin Spotlight Series Guide

I was a little delayed with the Jeremy Lin Spotlight Series guide because I spent time...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2020, 11:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Mister Magnus's Arena

OVR: 0
What's your hot take on the cards, Chase? I enjoy Melo b/c it's just shoot shoot shoot guilt-free, haha. Make or miss, it's fun to role-play Anthony. I'm watching the prices hover and dip on Kawhi -- Melo is the pricier of the two on Xbox and I wound up packing him, thankfully. I'm underwhelmed we got two Spotlight PGs in close succession and that a lot of the Lin pack felt like low-hanging fruit; a creative shortcoming. Also, what's your take on the individual reward cards. I didn't understand them giving us Barry and Jefferson back to back, or the Barry card in general. Also Jefferson getting PF eligibility while the PD Kawhi got it at the 2 confused me, but I'm learning to roll with the punches.**
Old 01-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Mister Magnus's Arena

I'm really just talking about the top four cards here. What's your take on Beverly v. the Moments Smart card when it comes to a defender in the backcourt, for example?*
Old 01-28-2020, 02:28 PM   #4
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA 2K20 MyTeam: Jeremy Lin Spotlight Series Guide

Smart > Bev

Melo > Kawhi

I think both the Bev and Kawhi cards are actually rather meh when taken into consideration with everything. The Melo and to a lesser degree the Marbury are the only two who really break into the "top tier" convo.

Melo is really the only one who breaks into the top tier at all really, to me.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Smart > Bev

Melo > Kawhi

I think both the Bev and Kawhi cards are actually rather meh when taken into consideration with everything. The Melo and to a lesser degree the Marbury are the only two who really break into the "top tier" convo.

Melo is really the only one who breaks into the top tier at all really, to me.
Finished Lin's spotlight 2 days, and I gotta say it's nice to have an upgraded Nets Starbury with gold clamps, it sure will help my defense in the backcourt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2020, 04:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Magnus
What's your hot take on the cards, Chase? I enjoy Melo b/c it's just shoot shoot shoot guilt-free, haha. Make or miss, it's fun to role-play Anthony. I'm watching the prices hover and dip on Kawhi -- Melo is the pricier of the two on Xbox and I wound up packing him, thankfully. I'm underwhelmed we got two Spotlight PGs in close succession and that a lot of the Lin pack felt like low-hanging fruit; a creative shortcoming. Also, what's your take on the individual reward cards. I didn't understand them giving us Barry and Jefferson back to back, or the Barry card in general. Also Jefferson getting PF eligibility while the PD Kawhi got it at the 2 confused me, but I'm learning to roll with the punches.**
I can't believe that Melo went up to around 320 k mt, after i was able to snatch him for 150k mt.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:55 PM   #7
Rookie

Mister Magnus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist12
I can't believe that Melo went up to around 320 k mt, after i was able to snatch him for 150k mt.
What's your lineup look like now? Do you run mostly top tier cards? Do you mostly play online, and what kind of roster do you use there if so?

I've been meaning to get back online, but mostly I still play single player. I probably spend the majority of my time with the auction house and building lineups, but not necessarily playing games. I've found that I trend toward lower-tier cards in general, with one or two PDs in a lineup, probably b/c when it comes to single player content it often feels like I'm having to make my own fun. I have a good time working on evolutions when I new solo content pops.

I gravitate toward Jokic or Hakeem at my 5, and I've gotten a lot of mileage from PD Tatum at my swing. Hard to get Kobe out of my starting 2 spot now, and so mainly I'm juggling the 1 and 4 spots. Since fatigue isn't as much of a thing, and the quarters are so short, I often go long stretches with only my starters playing.

Chase, I know you like to rotate your lineups a lot. Who have you played with recently that feels like a standout and someone you really enjoy? I know you've talked about Smart here in the forums, but who else is someone you've found yourself attached to? Doesn't have to be someone you consider to be a secret stash, just someone you personally have fun with.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Magnus
Chase, I know you like to rotate your lineups a lot. Who have you played with recently that feels like a standout and someone you really enjoy? I know you've talked about Smart here in the forums, but who else is someone you've found yourself attached to? Doesn't have to be someone you consider to be a secret stash, just someone you personally have fun with.
The PD Dame from last week, the PD Tatum, the PD LaVine, the diamond Vince are probably 4 of the more recent ones I like. I have not had time to mess around with some of the "lesser" cards as much of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist12
Yeah I don't think it was the MyTeam tourney either that boosted it because he wasn't super meta in that. Think it just took a little time for people to realize he's very good. Or maybe it's some of those 2K YouTubers who boosted him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »