Home

Will ever get updated relocation stadiums and uniforms?

This is a discussion on Will ever get updated relocation stadiums and uniforms? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0
Will ever get updated relocation stadiums and uniforms?

this is part gripe, part hoping a developer might see this, and/or hoping someone might know something I don’t and might have good news.

I am pretty salty that relocation cities, uniforms, and stadiums have not changed in 7 years. Long ago they took away the ability to custom design uniforms, making the unchanged options even more stale. Sometimes teams change cities, I think we should be given back custom uniform design or at the very least updated uniform options.

It’s worse than how stale the uniforms are too. The 3 options at each city are often terrible. And as someone with 1/4 Latino background, some are down right insulting.

I wanted to relocate a team to Mexico City, I’m not of Mexican heritage myself (father side family from Brazil) but I thought it would be fun. When I saw my team options I couldn’t help but both laugh and feel upset at the same time. One option was “diablos,” it is ridiculous to think that a majority Roman Catholic nation would want to name their team the “devils.” Another option was the “Conquistadors” which some might not realize would be so insulting to the people of Mexico, its really not funny. Yeah... the nation of Mexico would name a sports team after Conquistadors from Portugal and Spain who raped, conquered, and murdered their ancestors. Sure thing. I’m guessing someone with European heritage at EA was designing uniforms and was like “Diablo’s! Conquistadors! That like, totally sounds Mexican maaaan.”

And the 4 unchanged stadiums, two of which look stupidly unrealistic, are also lame. They don’t even update to show your team logos around the stadium. Zero customization or immersion.

Has anyone heard if they will possibly update this stuff? I’ve tried Tweeting about this over the years to Clint before he left Twitter and others at EA, but they never answer.

If anyone has a developers ear I implore you to ask them to look into up****** this stuff!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Will ever get updated relocation stadiums and uniforms?

I'm with you on all of your points.

If we do ever get updates, I think it's on the next generation of consoles.

While some of the names they used here aren't the best, I do understand the idea of giving pre-loaded names, as they can work them into the audio easier.

I do miss the ps3 (and even ps2) versions of relocation/redesigns. While the uniform options weren't the greatest, the stadium editor was fantastic and fun. I would LOVE to see an editor similar to the indy Lacrosse game from last year.

I think what bugs me about the uniform creator the most lately is that that we're in a video game era of being able to mix and match uniforms, but some of these option have one set of pants. Another annoying thing is that the Seahawks current template appears for multiple teams.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:30 PM   #3
MVP

Hopefully if the relocation portion ever gets updated, EA does it right and gives us a full featured creation suite, where our own logos and stadiums can be made. Also it is not hard to allow us to name the team whatever we want. Maximum Football already did most of this.
Old 01-02-2020, 03:31 PM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Pretty lame on the PS2 that we could design uniforms and stadiums but can only choose from a few options, now

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-02-2020, 04:13 PM   #5
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

At this point my guess is there must be something going on behind the scenes preventing them from doing much more with it. Some sort of problem over it with the NFL maybe? Somethings gotta be up. I can’t see this being the devs choice. Why work on it in the first place and make it a big new part of a Madden game if their were no plans to build on it in future years? Doesn’t make sense to me to just decide after to abandon it.

No reason to do this....unless something is forcing them to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2020, 04:23 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Unless there is a change at the top with EA for Madden, no.

Franchise mode is basically leftovers for the 2 man team that works on it out in the shed. Its all about MUT for them

Last edited by delspf; 01-09-2020 at 04:31 AM.
Old 01-02-2020, 06:02 PM   #7
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnz21
I'm with you on all of your points.

If we do ever get updates, I think it's on the next generation of consoles.

While some of the names they used here aren't the best, I do understand the idea of giving pre-loaded names, as they can work them into the audio easier.

I do miss the ps3 (and even ps2) versions of relocation/redesigns. While the uniform options weren't the greatest, the stadium editor was fantastic and fun. I would LOVE to see an editor similar to the indy Lacrosse game from last year.

I think what bugs me about the uniform creator the most lately is that that we're in a video game era of being able to mix and match uniforms, but some of these option have one set of pants. Another annoying thing is that the Seahawks current template appears for multiple teams.
I agree with all the above points and a few others I would like to add. But I will keep those in the threads they are in. Madden to me has been a butt hurt franchise of a game since ps2 era. After ps2 a lot a features got stripped. Then that’s when the lack of resources from ps3 & 360 era started creeping in. Yeah let’s just blame it on the consoles. They said things will get better on new consoles usher in ps3, ps pro, Xbox one, Xbox S, and Xbox X. Still the same crap. Now that new consoles have been announced here they go again you will see new things on next consoles. I am so tired of this rinse and repeat cycle it makes me sick on my stomach. It has been almost twenty years since Madden has seen any innovation. Pure laziness.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Old 01-02-2020, 08:15 PM   #8
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

That’s a good point fnz21, on the merits of having preprogrammed team names, as the audio for it can be recorded. I didn’t think about that. However with my team in Mexico we are never referred to as the “Golden Eagles” just as the “home” or “away” team (I chose “Golden Eagles” since it was the only not-stupid or not-disturbing option).

As the TheShizNo1 pointed out, its kinda lame we had custom options on PS2 and now we don’t. If you’re gonna neglect this stuff for 7 years at least give us uniform creator to be creative ourselves

Last edited by IcedCoffee1983; 01-02-2020 at 08:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »