Home

NBA 2K20 MyTeam: Moments of the Week 8

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 MyTeam: Moments of the Week 8 within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-16-2019, 04:21 PM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
NBA 2K20 MyTeam: Moments of the Week 8

Moments of the Week 8 are live in NBA 2K20 MyTeam, and you can see all...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2019, 04:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Mister Magnus's Arena

OVR: 0
At a glance this _feels_ underwhelming but a chance to catch our collective breath before hitting xmas week is probably a good thing.*
Old 12-16-2019, 04:47 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Re: NBA 2K20 MyTeam: Moments of the Week 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Magnus
At a glance this _feels_ underwhelming but a chance to catch our collective breath before hitting xmas week is probably a good thing.*
Yeah I think the power creep with Moments of the Week 6 (PD Harden, AD, Giannis, Siakam) did not hurt Week 7's Moments too bad, but does hurt this version's.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Mister Magnus's Arena

Having one of the top three cards be a double dip from last week isn't great, either. Jackson Jr. is versatile but maybe more exciting as a budget amy than as a diamond. It's a real third-banana lineup lacking in star power. Obviously some big names at center here but not for me.*
Old 12-16-2019, 05:43 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Having one of the top three cards be a double dip from last week isn't great, either. Jackson Jr. is versatile but maybe more exciting as a budget amy than as a diamond. It's a real third-banana lineup lacking in star power. Obviously some big names at center here but not for me.*
Yeah, I mean JJJ is a really good card last week so I don't necessarily hate it, but I don't know if the improved badges are enough of an upgrade at first glance, but still need to try him out.

KAT is generally a 2K monster as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2019, 05:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Mister Magnus's Arena

Definitely.*
Old 12-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #7
Rookie

Mister Magnus's Arena

Chase, I know you're working on the reviews for Week 8. Question for you when you have a chance:* When you're working the auction house do you ever make a mistake? Either on a new card that you think you've snagged a good deal on only to watch the prices drop immediately (this happened to me with Draymond), or a scenario like the locker code guaranteeing a certain auctionable player you've maybe been holding onto (Pierce and Duncan earlier this year), or a new version of a card that sends the previous one spiraling in value (Kobe, MJ, JJJ)? Do you try to sell it right away to recoup what you can (and what do you do if it's really bottoming out?); do you try to stash it for a couple of weeks to see where it stabilizes, taking up real estate in your binder/AH; or something else? Sometimes I'll run up against an AH situation where I feel I'm banging my head against the wall. I try not to flip too many costly cards b/c they can be precarious, but sometimes the moment gets the better of me.*
Old 12-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #8
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Chase, I know you're working on the reviews for Week 8. Question for you when you have a chance:* When you're working the auction house do you ever make a mistake? Either on a new card that you think you've snagged a good deal on only to watch the prices drop immediately (this happened to me with Draymond), or a scenario like the locker code guaranteeing a certain auctionable player you've maybe been holding onto (Pierce and Duncan earlier this year), or a new version of a card that sends the previous one spiraling in value (Kobe, MJ, JJJ)? Do you try to sell it right away to recoup what you can (and what do you do if it's really bottoming out?); do you try to stash it for a couple of weeks to see where it stabilizes, taking up real estate in your binder/AH; or something else? Sometimes I'll run up against an AH situation where I feel I'm banging my head against the wall. I try not to flip too many costly cards b/c they can be precarious, but sometimes the moment gets the better of me.*
Yes, I make mistakes all the time. It's hard to categorize how I do things in every scenario, but basically my mindset is if it's a card that goes in a set that people can lock, I will be more patient and hold the card and wait for it to get more rare. I can't control if 2K reintroduces cards back into the game etc. in packs, but that's the general mindset there.

If it's for cards I realize won't be valuable in a set or will never be locked in overall (for example, I know if there are 4 diamonds for a set, that the amethyst is never going to be worth much because the 4 diamonds will be more rare) then I'm more willing to eat a loss and get out fast.

However, my general viewpoint is I accept I'm going to lose sometimes on flips and such, but that's why I generally don't buy and sell top-end cards unless I have a great feeling about them (for example the Odom card I believe will go up in price). My losses stay smaller, and I can move more cards if I'm down in the 2-20K range rather than the 50-500K range for cards.

Hope that helps, but feel free to ask follow ups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »