Home

OS Roundtable: Does MLB The Show Going Multi-Platform Change Your Next-Gen Console Plans?

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Does MLB The Show Going Multi-Platform Change Your Next-Gen Console Plans? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
OS Roundtable: Does MLB The Show Going Multi-Platform Change Your Next-Gen Console Plans?

Does MLB The Show going multi-platform factor into your console choice next generation, or was baseball...

Written By: Operation Sports

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: OS Roundtable: Does MLB The Show Going Multi-Platform Change Your Next-Gen Consol

Doesn't change mine.

Having MLB The Show on the PlayStation was a big plus, but I've always been a Sony PlayStation gamer and enjoy their first party games moreso than what is offered on Xbox, most notably God of War and the Uncharted Series.

While I'm excited to see the Show go multi-platform and what that could possibly mean for the future, my next gen console purchase will not be swayed, as I will pickup the PlayStation 5 when it releases next year.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: OS Roundtable: Does MLB The Show Going Multi-Platform Change Your Next-Gen Consol

This current generation, I got an Xbox One at launch and then a PS4 the following spring when The Show came out. I'll probably still end up with both next generation because I'm dumb like that, but I'll probably wait a little longer on the PS5 than I did with the PS4 if I don't need one to play The Show.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #4
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

OVR: 0

It changes mine, I’m not going to get a PS5 and New XBOX now. I will likely just get the new XBOX and play The Show from there.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:31 AM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Doesn't change mine.

Having MLB The Show on the PlayStation was a big plus, but I've always been a Sony PlayStation gamer and enjoy their first party games moreso than what is offered on Xbox, most notably God of War and the Uncharted Series.

While I'm excited to see the Show go multi-platform and what that could possibly mean for the future, my next gen console purchase will not be swayed, as I will pickup the PlayStation 5 when it releases next year.

This echoes my sentiments exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Probably will stay with PS5 over XBOX but will now buy a Switch or switch equivalent for mobile capability if it’s on that platform.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:34 PM   #7
MVP

eric7064's Arena

OVR: 1

If this was last-gen? Yes.

Now, I plan on getting both at launch regardless. 90% of my PS usage is the Show though, outside of exclusives like Horizon, GOW, UC, LOU.

I would have shouted for joy at the Show coming to Xbox 10 years ago, because the sole reason I bought a Ps3 in 2009 was for the Show. And I know at LEAST 3 of my friends who got a PS soley for the Show as well. But I found the joy in so many exclusive PS titles that I can't go without them.

Now, I may actually buy the Show on Xbox, but that will be decided at another time. I may get the Switch version for a RTTS on the go though.

Either way, all crazy news to me. If for some reason I don't have the funds for both I will go Xbox because its my primary console and my decision will be made for me there.

I am more curious to know what my friends will do. I know not everyone can afford two systems at launch. MLB 21 will launch 4 months after the systems drop. I can definitely see them bypassing the PS this cycle and just getting the Xbox version.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:52 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Not for me. The biggest difference between the two platforms (Xbox and Playstation) is controller and I despise the dualshock.

Getting the Show on Xbox is huge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »