Home

All these plays yet the AI can’t perform half of them...

This is a discussion on All these plays yet the AI can’t perform half of them... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-30-2019, 03:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
All these plays yet the AI can’t perform half of them...

I love the sim aspect of the 2k series and all the work that goes into creating plays/freelances etc but I feel like we’ve got to a point where the AI simply can’t perform half of the plays to a decent working standard... I’ve lost count of how many times players will get caught up in a big mess of limbs whilst trying to navigate around players which results in broken plays. I feel like a big part of it is to do with the spacing or rather lack of but the main thing imo is that the AI or animation system simply isn’t fluid enough to consistently perform plays to a decent standard.

Please note I’m not expecting every play to work every time but in my experience the plays usually fall apart due to AI team mates not being able to navigate around the court efficiently like a real player would. I also feel like it’s got worse in 2k19 compared to 2k18 but that could be my memory failing.

On a side note, does anyone have any tips for better spacing ? As far as I can see there is no 5 out freelance now and even when you call an isolation all the players just go and stand at the baseline which is pretty useless. 2k19 basketball is a pretty claustrophobic experience !

Last edited by longtings; 11-30-2019 at 03:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2019, 04:25 AM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: All these plays yet the AI can’t perform half of them...

Yeah, there's lots of bumper car stuff happening off ball.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is there a list of plays that are working?

For me almost all of the handoff-plays aren't fluid enough. It's really a shame that 2k couldn't implement it realistically because those plays play an important role in today's game.

Maybe we can post good working plays here.
If we have 30-40 in the different sets (p&r, 3-point, cutter, etc.) we could build a good running play book.

Another question : the cpu seems to run the same plays over and over again. What can we do to make the cpu to use the whole play book?

Has it something to do with Ace? Should we turn that on or off?
Old 11-30-2019, 10:48 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Turn down body up sensitivity to 0.

Then the players aren't glued together anymore.

But it comes with consequences. The cpu drives more and kind of forces the issue.

The sliders are very sensitive. What you shouldn't do is to change any kind of speed attribute. It totally messes up the timing of the plays. If the players move to fast, they reach their spots too early and picks for instance aren't working properly anymore.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:14 PM   #5
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtings
I love the sim aspect of the 2k series and all the work that goes into creating plays/freelances etc but I feel like we’ve got to a point where the AI simply can’t perform half of the plays to a decent working standard... I’ve lost count of how many times players will get caught up in a big mess of limbs whilst trying to navigate around players which results in broken plays. I feel like a big part of it is to do with the spacing or rather lack of but the main thing imo is that the AI or animation system simply isn’t fluid enough to consistently perform plays to a decent standard.

Please note I’m not expecting every play to work every time but in my experience the plays usually fall apart due to AI team mates not being able to navigate around the court efficiently like a real player would. I also feel like it’s got worse in 2k19 compared to 2k18 but that could be my memory failing.

On a side note, does anyone have any tips for better spacing ? As far as I can see there is no 5 out freelance now and even when you call an isolation all the players just go and stand at the baseline which is pretty useless. 2k19 basketball is a pretty claustrophobic experience !

I think some of this issue could be atleast improved if not fixed completely if they either made the court bigger or the players smaller. The size of the court compared to the players has been a issue forever. I think it also leads to part of the problem with too many PIP being scored that many of us have complained about forever too.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »