Home

Anybody still missing shots under the rim after pump faking defenders online?

This is a discussion on Anybody still missing shots under the rim after pump faking defenders online? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-26-2019, 10:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anybody still missing shots under the rim after pump faking defenders online?

Seems like this is still an ordeal and I don't understand why 2k hasn't fixed it yet. It's beyond frustrating. Easy easy points left on the table.

Big men jump like crazy but I still miss while they're in the air. What sense does it make? Where's the skill? I'd understand if it was hands up defense, but it should be an 80% chance I make a shot if they're in the air
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2019, 10:59 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Anybody still missing shots under the rim after pump faking defenders online?

Yup. Got 99 standing dunk with a 7’3” still doing stupid awkward layup animations and pump faking doesnt even work because even if i fake it once and they are in the air, its still a block for some reason. Ive played against some high school kids that blocked me from inside and they were all hyped about how good they think they were when i faked it and still got blocked. Literally spamming block has no consequences or penalty. Because even after the first fake, the follow thru shot is always a miss because of coverage.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:36 AM   #3
MVP

jk31's Arena

Re: Anybody still missing shots under the rim after pump faking defenders online?

no i dont miss shots when I get defenders in the air, because i am not even able to Shoot. defenders biting on pump fakes Block me with legs, ellbows, hips and other body parts you can think of again and again. should be a Foul or easy layup for Me....
Old 11-27-2019, 03:20 AM   #4
MVP

tru11's Arena

no idea what happend but the bodypart blocks are back and the foul calls have dissapeared....
then again shooting of the dribble from halfcourt is back as well ....

seems like we are back to last years game.

its also better to just run into people to force steals rather then to actually attempt a steal lol.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:43 AM   #5
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

After looking at the animations that other people online were getting I've been having a lot more success. I pump fake with the x button and immediately use the left stick to get a semi-up and under animation. Trying to time it gets me in trouble so now I just pre-load a set number of pump fakes into the shot.

Just going for a hook shot or even a fade-away seems to work too. I can almost always finish 1v1 situations now. Going up immediately after offensive rebounds works best for me also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2019, 11:37 AM   #6
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the pump fake badge....

but the random body part blocks are absolute doo-doo.

I've always been good at blocking shots, but sometimes I'm not getting the block on the perfectly timed block attempt, but at the second button mash to keep contesting with pogo stick.. its weird - don't know why they'd change it when it was one of the best things early in the game cycle.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Is there a way to reach 2k about this? I don't have a Twitter account.

I'd really like for them to fix this. Shooters and slashers always get what they want whether it's a buff or nerfed. But bigs hardly get anything

Shots under the basket should be automatic if you make the defense jump. Rim Protectors need to be punished for spamming the jump button, it's bad enough they have Rim Protector, Intimidator, and Pogo stick. So defense is practically overpowered
Old 11-28-2019, 02:46 AM   #8
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
Is there a way to reach 2k about this? I don't have a Twitter account.

I'd really like for them to fix this. Shooters and slashers always get what they want whether it's a buff or nerfed. But bigs hardly get anything

Shots under the basket should be automatic if you make the defense jump. Rim Protectors need to be punished for spamming the jump button, it's bad enough they have Rim Protector, Intimidator, and Pogo stick. So defense is practically overpowered
they probably wont do it as it would break the meta of rebounding/rimprotectors.

imagine having all the ratings and hof badges yet biting on a single pumpfake leading to an easy bucket or a foul all the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »