Home

Field Goals and Extra Points

This is a discussion on Field Goals and Extra Points within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-05-2019, 07:17 PM   #1
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9
Field Goals and Extra Points

A few years ago when the game released both the CPU and User would actually miss kicks. I loved it.

I have the Field Goal Accuracy at 35 and can be well outside the blue and kick it right down the middle. I have not seen the CPU miss one kick inside 50 this season let alone an XP.

The only game I missed a couple was when I had it at 32 and Tampa’s kicker was getting that stupid shank animation. I don’t understand why they can’t get this straight and take that out and make it a closer miss. The other problem is at 32 I’m shanking with a bad kicker but at 35 I can’t miss.

I’m curious if anyone had seen the CPU miss a chippy like The Bears kicker or an extra point.

The Special teams in general is frustrating but it drives me nuts to never miss even when I’m not close or to never see the CPU miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 08:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Field Goals and Extra Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
A few years ago when the game released both the CPU and User would actually miss kicks. I loved it.

I have the Field Goal Accuracy at 35 and can be well outside the blue and kick it right down the middle. I have not seen the CPU miss one kick inside 50 this season let alone an XP.

The only game I missed a couple was when I had it at 32 and Tampa’s kicker was getting that stupid shank animation. I don’t understand why they can’t get this straight and take that out and make it a closer miss. The other problem is at 32 I’m shanking with a bad kicker but at 35 I can’t miss.

I’m curious if anyone had seen the CPU miss a chippy like The Bears kicker or an extra point.

The Special teams in general is frustrating but it drives me nuts to never miss even when I’m not close or to never see the CPU miss.

I’ve had the cpu miss on me, especially in rain/snow at 30+ yards. Anything over 40 for me is hit or miss depending on the day.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah1212
I’ve had the cpu miss on me, especially in rain/snow at 30+ yards. Anything over 40 for me is hit or miss depending on the day.
I second that.

However, I have never seen the CPU miss an extra point on me.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:19 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Can't remember if the CPU has missed an extra point or not, but they've missed plenty of FGs from 35+.

In one game their kicker missed 3 field goals (clear weather too)
Old 11-07-2019, 05:21 PM   #5
MVP

cch99's Arena

I must have bad luck or something. I played every game in week 1 and 2 in week 2. Roll a dice for team and the CPU did not miss a FG inside 50 or an XP.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2019, 05:49 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
I must have bad luck or something. I played every game in week 1 and 2 in week 2. Roll a dice for team and the CPU did not miss a FG inside 50 or an XP.

Depends on the kicker too
Old 11-07-2019, 09:56 PM   #7
MVP

cch99's Arena

Just hit a 52 yarder with Green Bay’s kicker. He’s good because his blue area was huge but I suck and missed the good zone by a wide margin. Still made it. I just can’t believe it

Old 11-08-2019, 02:18 AM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Just hit a 52 yarder with Green Bay’s kicker. He’s good because his blue area was huge but I suck and missed the good zone by a wide margin. Still made it. I just can’t believe it

The difference between the “perfect” area and the light blue zone is essentially nothing unless you’re playing in the rain. The kick accuracy ratings and sliders pretty much mean nothing on the user and are slightly more effective for the CPU but only once you start getting to the longer field goals.

I’ve done a lot of testing where I’ve taken a kicker with the lowest possible KAC before the game literally doesn’t allow you to make a kick and been able to make 60+ yarder after 60+ yarder because the penalty for missing the perfect zone is basically zero. From my testing also basically the CPU won’t ever miss anything inside of 45 yards which includes extra points unless they’re blocked and it’s definitely one of the weakest replicated areas of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »