Home

C Us Rise - A Boston Celtics Dynasty

This is a discussion on C Us Rise - A Boston Celtics Dynasty within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-04-2019, 02:42 PM   #1
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
C Us Rise - A Boston Celtics Dynasty

Settings
System - PS4
Mode - MyLeague (30+ Team Control)
Difficulty/Sliders - WIP
Rosters - CelticLG
Draft Class - Starting with Da InFaMoUs NY with CelticLG's edits, then using some I created that features guys that I play with IRL, past non-star players and past ball players who played in TV/Movies. Three different classes separated out by the 80's, 90's and 2000's.
Season Length - 82 Games
Playoff Format - 7-7-7-7
Play Schedule - I want to get through multiple seasons so there will be a lot of simming. I will play the first three games of the season if full, then two full games per month the rest of the season. Aside from that the weeks will alternate between full sim weeks and sim with the option to intervene.
Playoffs will be 1 Full game between 1-3 and 1 full game between 4-6, plus all Game 7's will be played.
MyLeague Settings - CelticsLG's
Posting Format - I'll post screenshots of all of my games played in full and recaps for month-end, All-Star break, etc. I'd do trade recaps as well. However, my main goal is to get deep into this franchise so lengthy write-ups will be few and far between.

Thanks for following and Go C's!

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2019, 03:39 PM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Re: C Us Rise - A Boston Celtics Dynasty

BOSTON CELTICS 19-20 SEASON PREVIEW

ADDITIONS:

Carsen Edwards (Purdue), Tacko Fall (UCF), Javonte Green (Ulm), Enes Kanter (Portland), Romeo Langford (Indiana University), Vincent Poirier (Baskonia), Kemba Walker (Charlotte), Tremont Waters (LSU) and Grant Williams (Tennessee)

SUBTRACTIONS:

Aron Baynes (Phoenix), PJ Dozier (Denver), Jonathan Gibson, Al Horford (Philadelphia), RJ Hunter (Turk Telekom), Kyrie Irving (Brooklyn), Marcus Morris (New York), Terry Rozier (Charlotte) and Guerschon Yabusele (Nanjing)

STRENGTHS:

They were able to bounce back from losing Irving by signing Walker, who may not be as good as Irving but is still an All-Star Talent. Plus, the locker room should have a lot less drama so it could be addition by subtraction...
Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown have All-Star potential, even if they haven’t quite reached it yet … Tatum is still merely 21 and Brown just 22 … They still have plenty of time to get there, and the motivation to after how poorly their respective 2018-19 campaigns went … If their roster is at its peak, there aren’t many top-to-bottom teams in the East outside of the Philadelphia 76ers and Milwaukee Bucks … Gordon Hayward is a strong candidate for a bounce-back season … He flashed moments in the preseason where he looked like his old self … Marcus Smart is an elite sixth man … Brad Stevens is still a good head coach, even if his aura took a hit last season.

WEAKNESSES:

Replacing Horford’s production will be impossible with their current frontcourt … His blend of playmaking, shooting and defense, in particular, are quite rare attributes for a center … Boston’s 2019-20 big men had a combined 15 starts last season … Tatum took a step back last season after looking like a future All-NBAer as a rookie … How will he respond in his third year? … He averaged 13 points in the preseason on 13 nightly field-goal attempts … That looks like much of the same as his 2018-19 season … After Walker, their point-guard rotation is pretty thin Carsen Edwardshad moments of brilliance in preseason, but he’ll have to prove it when the games matter before he can be considered reliable … They have a lot of inconsistent shooters.

WILD CARDS:

The Rookies!
As stated earlier, the Celtics have overhauled their bench with newcomers such as Carsen Edwards, Grant Williams, and Romeo Langford joining via the draft. Depth pieces such as Vincent Poirier from the EuroLeague, Tremont Waters (two-way) and Tacko Fall were added as well.
These players should all get a fair shake competing for minutes. Edwards will likely share the backcourt with Marcus Smart off the bench. Langford, the last pick of this year’s lottery, may be playing alongside them. Williams likely has a hold on the backup 4 job.
These are all good players, but how much they contribute to winning right away will be important in determining the Celtics’ ceiling. They all offer a unique skillset; Edwards offers pull-up shooting from 3 and enough shake to get to the rim, Langford has immense upside as a complementary scorer, and Williams operates with a high basketball-IQ, burning-hot motor, and budding skills as an outside shooter.
This one seems like an easy one to answer: they will get run, but how much will they impact winning? Boston’s bench will be quite youthful, and how well they C's do this season could be highly dependent on that youth.

Prediction:

48-34, 2nd in the Atlantic, 3rd in the East. Losers in the 2nd Round to either the 76ers or Bucks

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-04-2019, 04:39 PM   #3
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

The LEGEND 🏆 is BACK!!! Really looking forward to this dynasty - you and Trekfan have always been amazing reads! I’m getting ready to launch my Spurs dynasty and have much more time this year due to me not being in school - I have a question: How do I successfully capture screenshots from my PS4 to be able to put in my thread?
Old 11-04-2019, 04:49 PM   #4
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Go Celtics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-04-2019, 05:29 PM   #5
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
The LEGEND is BACK!!! Really looking forward to this dynasty - you and Trekfan have always been amazing reads! I’m getting ready to launch my Spurs dynasty and have much more time this year due to me not being in school - I have a question: How do I successfully capture screenshots from my PS4 to be able to put in my thread?
I appreciate the kind words. I've been looking forward to getting this started.

Uploading pics is a bit if a process. You will either need a Twitter account (I have a dummy account just for 2k screenshots) or a flash drive.

Just use the share feature to capture a screen shot, then you can upload it to Twitter. From there I upload it to Imgur so I can put it on OS. There may be other ways, but that is what I do.

There should be some YouTube videos out there that can help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Go Celtics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Most def

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2019, 08:00 PM   #6
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Jeremy - I see that you are using CelticLG34’s My League settings - he has it at 0 difficulty for both morale and chemistry - I have been reading some posts about this and I don’t know what to do or if possibly they will patch this in at some point (which can always be changed later in My League) - just wanted to know your thoughts on this?
Old 11-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
Jeremy - I see that you are using CelticLG34’s My League settings - he has it at 0 difficulty for both morale and chemistry - I have been reading some posts about this and I don’t know what to do or if possibly they will patch this in at some point (which can always be changed later in My League) - just wanted to know your thoughts on this?
Personally, I'm not really worried about morale. There are more players upset than in years past but in my tests, I have yet to lose any players due to low morale. Even if they say that there's no way that they will re-sign, they still will and when they do they will get a boost in morale and be happy again.

It's a bit of a shock to see sometimes but I'm not really sure if it even makes that much of a difference. I do hope that it gets patched through and I have a feeling that the devs are at least looking into it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-04-2019, 08:27 PM   #8
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

CELTICS SCHEDULE

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers