Home

AI in rec is worse than it's ever been... they need to fix this..

This is a discussion on AI in rec is worse than it's ever been... they need to fix this.. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-29-2019, 01:55 AM   #1
Banned

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0
AI in rec is worse than it's ever been... they need to fix this..

The AI is doing the normal crap from the last 3-4 years instead of sprinting at the opposition in a fast break they strafe/shuffle towards them. AI NEVER tries to block a shot and 90% of the time they dont even try to contest a shot in rec.

But this year theres something new from the AI in rec and its unbearable. Regardless of the situation, the build or the shot attributes, the AI just gets the ball and pulls a shot. This happens every time. So annoying.... My entire team quit in the 1st quarter of this game cause we were getting killed by 23. So I came all the way back and ended up getting the lead by 1 with a 50 seconds left. I lost by 2 but the AI did this type of crap at least 7x. The PF/C just pulling a moving 3 for no reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2019, 03:49 AM   #2
Rookie

Unhappy Re: AI in rec is worse than it's ever been... they need to fix this..

I miss the ability to set strategies with bots. Why did they remove these ?
Old 10-29-2019, 04:01 AM   #3
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Re: AI in rec is worse than it's ever been... they need to fix this..

The Ai plays better defense than 98% of all rec players and an ai shooter can shoot the lights out if used correctly. I still prefer AI over all bad players...
Old 10-29-2019, 06:50 AM   #4
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

As far as I’m aware AI player tendencies are determined by how you play - I’ve had trash teammates who’ve done that get kicked and then their AI player has played exactly the same.

Maybe I wish that was the case but besides the inability to block or contest deep 3s I would rather play a squad of sweaties with all AI teammates than trust the matchmaking to find me a teammate who isn’t brain dead.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:39 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
The Ai plays better defense than 98% of all rec players and an ai shooter can shoot the lights out if used correctly. I still prefer AI over all bad players...
Facts. The AI's are not bad at all this year. They do make boneheaded plays from time to time but they actually contest shots and can shoot. Definitely wish there was a way to choose defensive settings. No clue why 2k took it away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2019, 08:47 AM   #6
Pro

They’re good spot up shooters if the guy who quits has good stats. The big men AI are nasty on defense. I honestly stop shooting around the hoop unless it’s a fastbreak if my Center matchup quits. They block EVERYTHING. I honestly feel the need to nerf AI Centers In Rec because they’re OP.
Old 10-29-2019, 10:48 AM   #7
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

And the most fun since years for me is still doing manual cuts with ai teammates. Most opponents just dont get whats happening and usually dont care about ai bots because they are busy hunting the ballhandler...easy buckets
Old 10-29-2019, 11:00 AM   #8
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7

The A.I. on defense is to good in most situations.
The bot should play like the build that the player who quit out created. They should be adequate and challenge but if they're an offensive threat they should still be a liability.

They are hit and miss on offense they do bone headed plays like that standing mid range layup by the big men that gets blocked 99% of the time. And I'm starting to see slashing builds pull up for 3 in transition with numbers. Spot shooters are decent some of the time but its frustrating when you're getting triple teamed and you pass it to a wide open 97 over sharpshooter with every badge imaginable and he air balls it.

Yes people miss and I wouldn't have a problem if a human would miss that shot but you know they won't so it's a quit out if I'm playing a good squad solo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »