Home

User control for all 32 teams house rules

This is a discussion on User control for all 32 teams house rules within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-16-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

OVR: 0
User control for all 32 teams house rules

Wondering if anyone who controls every team in their franchise has any house rules they go by when making roster moves, etc for teams. Right now I have them all set to auto for everything but I'm sure they're are dumb things the CPU does with signing free agents and drafting and what not. I was thinking of possibly making a guide to quickly make adjustments based on certain criteria, like making sure a team pursues a specific position in free agency if their starter is below X overall rating. Any suggestions are welcome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2019, 10:18 PM   #2
Rookie

JasonZimmerman's Arena

Re: User control for all 32 teams house rules

I have Auto Progress on, scouting, injury management, and preseason cut days in Auto. Offseason FA bidding in Manual is a must for me. I like to manually do free agency, just so all the players coming into their prime get to stay with there original teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2019, 02:56 PM   #3
Rookie

ICE_790120q's Arena

I run a 32 team CFM on the first year and try to keep it parallel (or a week behind at the most) to the current NFL season, meaning I play as many games as I can fit in that week. Afther the offseason I then switch to controlling only 1 team - the Buffalo Bills.

For example right now I'm playing the games for Week 6 and will conclude (will sim any outstanding games by saturday night).

I mentioned the above because that gives me the opportunity to make the trades and other relevant cuts happening in real life.

Before playing a game I will:

- Do the college scouting for each team (the one I will control and the CPU) based on the needs listed on the screen or known needs (e.g. given an impending FA who is unlikely to be resigned)

- Sim the training and allow the CPU to upgrade the players.

- If the team has an injury and the back-ups are very, very low rated I might look into signing a FA (always rated 20% or lower than the injured started).

- I usually renegotiate (based on the known workaround) any contracts on the roster to better distribute money through the life of the contract if current cap space allows for it.

- I will re-sign key players during the season for that team cap permitting.

FYI when deciding which team I play and which one the CPU plays I pick the team that won on the actual NFL game except when I really like the other team (Broncos, Vikings, 49ers and of course the Bills).

During the off-season I will control the FA and draft for all 32 teams trying to be fair to all and not doing any crazy movements.

I will avoid block buster trades or unrealistic FA moves (e.g. let Brees / Brady walk away and sign with another team).

Things that I might do is bench qbs for poor performance or if out of contention to give back-ups time to develop. In certain situations I will create some story lines to handle things I want to see...for example:

I wanted Minshew to start for the Jaguars but in my CFM Foles was not injured, though he had a poor start in the first 3 games so I benched him.

At the end of the season, depending on how Minshew develops and his end of year stats I might decide to trade Foles to say the Buccaneers (I have benched Winston for poor performance) or the Titans (Mariotta wants an elite QB contract which I don't think is realistic).

So all in all, why the team I will continue to play in future years are the Bills I do not make any roster movements on other teams too benefit the Bills in any way. Just try to keep it realistic and fair.

Once I switch to focusing only on the Bills from year 2 onwards I do keep control of the remaining 31 teams just to help keep rosters realistic or to go on certain franchise rebuilds, for example on year 2 I might do a re-build of the Broncos with Drew Lock as the building block.

That's kind of the things I like and it keeps the game fresh for me, I get to play with all teams and during the NFL season feel a bit more into my CFM. Once I tried just doing a Bills franchise but by year 3 or 4 the league was unrecognizable with all sorts of whack roster moves specially when it comes to key star positions and its difficult for me to buy in and feel it is realistic.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-02-2020, 12:46 AM   #4
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_790120q
I run a 32 team CFM on the first year and try to keep it parallel (or a week behind at the most) to the current NFL season, meaning I play as many games as I can fit in that week. Afther the offseason I then switch to controlling only 1 team - the Buffalo Bills.

For example right now I'm playing the games for Week 6 and will conclude (will sim any outstanding games by saturday night).

I mentioned the above because that gives me the opportunity to make the trades and other relevant cuts happening in real life.

Before playing a game I will:

- Do the college scouting for each team (the one I will control and the CPU) based on the needs listed on the screen or known needs (e.g. given an impending FA who is unlikely to be resigned)

- Sim the training and allow the CPU to upgrade the players.

- If the team has an injury and the back-ups are very, very low rated I might look into signing a FA (always rated 20% or lower than the injured started).

- I usually renegotiate (based on the known workaround) any contracts on the roster to better distribute money through the life of the contract if current cap space allows for it.

- I will re-sign key players during the season for that team cap permitting.

FYI when deciding which team I play and which one the CPU plays I pick the team that won on the actual NFL game except when I really like the other team (Broncos, Vikings, 49ers and of course the Bills).

During the off-season I will control the FA and draft for all 32 teams trying to be fair to all and not doing any crazy movements.

I will avoid block buster trades or unrealistic FA moves (e.g. let Brees / Brady walk away and sign with another team).

Things that I might do is bench qbs for poor performance or if out of contention to give back-ups time to develop. In certain situations I will create some story lines to handle things I want to see...for example:

I wanted Minshew to start for the Jaguars but in my CFM Foles was not injured, though he had a poor start in the first 3 games so I benched him.

At the end of the season, depending on how Minshew develops and his end of year stats I might decide to trade Foles to say the Buccaneers (I have benched Winston for poor performance) or the Titans (Mariotta wants an elite QB contract which I don't think is realistic).

So all in all, why the team I will continue to play in future years are the Bills I do not make any roster movements on other teams too benefit the Bills in any way. Just try to keep it realistic and fair.

Once I switch to focusing only on the Bills from year 2 onwards I do keep control of the remaining 31 teams just to help keep rosters realistic or to go on certain franchise rebuilds, for example on year 2 I might do a re-build of the Broncos with Drew Lock as the building block.

That's kind of the things I like and it keeps the game fresh for me, I get to play with all teams and during the NFL season feel a bit more into my CFM. Once I tried just doing a Bills franchise but by year 3 or 4 the league was unrecognizable with all sorts of whack roster moves specially when it comes to key star positions and its difficult for me to buy in and feel it is realistic.

Hope this helps.
How do you play with all the teams? I’m only getting the option to play the team I entered the franchise with.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 01-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
How do you play with all the teams? I’m only getting the option to play the team I entered the franchise with.
Once you start the franchise with your initial team, you have to then create all of the other teams. Do this by, on PS4, press R3 to create a new character. It takes you to the screen you see to select a team and all of that. You can simply be the coach for that team just like normal. Go through and take over all 32 teams by repeating the process. That allows you to play every game or sim them, control whatever you want, etc...

Hope that helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2020, 05:38 PM   #6

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Didn't want to create an entirely new thread for my one question.

I've setup 32 team league control and am nearly done with the 2019 regular season but I've run into a potential issue. I was an owner for Oakland, did the relocation and picked Vegas but the problem is at no point did it allow me to set the name, logo, jerseys or stadium and I'm confused as to why. My commissioner team is the Niners and not Oakland, could that have somehow caused it? Any insight as to what will happen since the game never let me customize anything? I wasnt going to change any of the logos, jerseys or team name but would have liked to have selected the stadium but never was provided thr option.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2020, 06:05 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Didn't want to create an entirely new thread for my one question.

I've setup 32 team league control and am nearly done with the 2019 regular season but I've run into a potential issue. I was an owner for Oakland, did the relocation and picked Vegas but the problem is at no point did it allow me to set the name, logo, jerseys or stadium and I'm confused as to why. My commissioner team is the Niners and not Oakland, could that have somehow caused it? Any insight as to what will happen since the game never let me customize anything? I wasnt going to change any of the logos, jerseys or team name but would have liked to have selected the stadium but never was provided thr option.

interesting as I do the same, Commish is Giants, but I set Oakland to move to Vegas. I got the info to select relocation, then the next week or the week after I got the select team name, keeping it as the raiders, then i got to select a stadium. And the Raiders only have about 185 million (they are 1-9 at this point) but the stadium is going to be quite a bit more. So somewhere in there you missed a step, I would think. I was even getting News saying the Raiders will keep their name, and later that they were giving Oakland the shaft again.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:21 PM   #8

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
interesting as I do the same, Commish is Giants, but I set Oakland to move to Vegas. I got the info to select relocation, then the next week or the week after I got the select team name, keeping it as the raiders, then i got to select a stadium. And the Raiders only have about 185 million (they are 1-9 at this point) but the stadium is going to be quite a bit more. So somewhere in there you missed a step, I would think. I was even getting News saying the Raiders will keep their name, and later that they were giving Oakland the shaft again.
Wonder if I simmed past it on accident then as I wasnt checking them weekly. Now I'm curious to see what happens at seasons end since I made zero selections.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »