Home

Closest Three-Way Heisman Race I've Seen... You?

This is a discussion on Closest Three-Way Heisman Race I've Seen... You? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Closest Three-Way Heisman Race I've Seen... You?

20191013-123708

It may be the closest that I've ever had in general, but I feel like I may have seen a few two-way races end with a difference of just a couple of points. I hardly ever see a three-way race at all, let alone one being this close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2019, 01:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Closest Three-Way Heisman Race I've Seen... You?

Finding it most interesting that the winner had the fewest 1st-place votes of those top 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscaloosa
20191013-123708

It may be the closest that I've ever had in general, but I feel like I may have seen a few two-way races end with a difference of just a couple of points. I hardly ever see a three-way race at all, let alone one being this close.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:08 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
Finding it most interesting that the winner had the fewest 1st-place votes of those top 3.
I was so fixated on the total that I didn't even notice that. Crazy.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:30 AM   #4
Get off my lawn

JHamilton9's Arena

And the fact that Fuller was named on the most ballots, and he finished third.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:19 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton9
And the fact that Fuller was named on the most ballots, and he finished third.
Wow. Another interesting observation. Some real "Heisman Electoral College" type **** going on. Gotta love a points system. IRL, what's the advantage/reasoning behind the system, instead of just casting one vote for Heisman?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2019, 03:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Wow. Another interesting observation. Some real "Heisman Electoral College" type **** going on. Gotta love a points system. IRL, what's the advantage/reasoning behind the system, instead of just casting one vote for Heisman?
A first place vote counts for 3 points, 2nd counts for 2, and 3rd counts for 1 point. The sum of points equals your total score.

The advantage is that you give credit to multiple individuals and ranked preference rather than just a single person. It allows more insight into the voters preferences.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-14-2019, 04:04 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN30
A first place vote counts for 3 points, 2nd counts for 2, and 3rd counts for 1 point. The sum of points equals your total score.

The advantage is that you give credit to multiple individuals and ranked preference rather than just a single person. It allows more insight into the voters preferences.

Thanks, yeah I understood the points system already. I just didn't understand the above. So, it's like an "alright, then, where would you place my guy?" kind of thing for the fans of candidates that voters didn't place in 1st. It still seems odd that it could (potentially) have such an impact on the outcome. Of course, this would probably never happen IRL. Man, I see the rabbit hole that I'm about to go down. Now googling "closest Heisman races ever".

Turned out to not be much of a rabbit hole, at all. It looks as though there has never really been an actual three-way Heisman race down to the final week. That's a shame.

Last edited by Tuscaloosa; 10-14-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Thanks, yeah I understood the points system already. I just didn't understand the above. So, it's like an "alright, then, where would you place my guy?" kind of thing for the fans of candidates that voters didn't place in 1st. It still seems odd that it could (potentially) have such an impact on the outcome. Of course, this would probably never happen IRL. Man, I see the rabbit hole that I'm about to go down. Now googling "closest Heisman races ever".

Turned out to not be much of a rabbit hole, at all. It looks as though there has never really been an actual three-way Heisman race down to the final week. That's a shame.
Here are some similar scenarios IRL:
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...sman-1956.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...sman-1961.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...sman-1978.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...sman-2008.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »