Home

Badge dilemma/concept

This is a discussion on Badge dilemma/concept within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2019, 06:47 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Badge dilemma/concept

Badges seem overpowered, and don’t really make sense with the current rating system. I’ve read speculation that the Badges might take over the rating system (ala All Pro Football 2K8).

I thought of an idea that could make Badges and Ratings co-exist and more relevant. Why not tie the ratings into the badges?

What does this mean exactly?

Badges are based on 4 levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Hall of Fame.

Badge/Rating concept:
Bronze: 80-84
Silver: 85-89
Gold: 90-94
Hall of Fame: 95-99
No Badge: 25-79

If a particular rating matches a badge description, player would inherit as such:

Pass Accuracy: 85 (Dimer badge, silver)
Pass Accuracy: 81 (Dimer badge, bronze)
Strength: 99 (Bruiser, Hall of Fame)
Layup: 91 (Acrobat, gold)
3PT Shot Contested: 95 (Dead Eye, Hall of Fame)

I am not too familiar with all the badges, but you see what I’m getting at. It makes sense. It will also make us consciously aware looking at the attributes that a player has such badge. If I see Andre Drummond’s 96 Rebound Rating, I know right away he is a Hall of Fame caliber “Glass Cleaner”.

In MyLeague and MyGM, itll make us focus more on player development and the trainings to level them up to badges, just like the MyPlayers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2019, 08:43 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Badge dilemma/concept

badges are killing offline sim play.

If they go to a badge only system, it would kill the ability of roster makers to make quality, stat based rosters and it would end my purchase of nba2k in the future.

Stars are ridiculously overpowered this year, as are some young players that have big followings. It's all marketing nonsense aimed at ******s who want to see stars make big plays, rarely miss shots, and dominate games in a fashion that isn't realistic. It's insane who has some of these badges that based on stats are utterly undeserved.
Old 10-09-2019, 02:53 AM   #3
MVP

tru11's Arena

Yup badges should be tied to ratings.

Love how i have gold unpluckable while i have 35 ball handling
Old 10-09-2019, 07:09 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
Yup badges should be tied to ratings.

Love how i have gold unpluckable while i have 35 ball handling
Yeah, that is exactly what I mean. If your Ball Handle rating is 79 or under, you should not get any type of badge. You're considered mediocre.

80-84 Ball Handling rating, you'd inherit the Bronze "Unpluckable"
Old 10-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Badges still enhance ratings. Gold unpluckable with a 35 ball handling rating isn’t going to help you it’s a waste of badge slots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2019, 09:02 AM   #6
MVP

Can they be removed or disabled?
Old 10-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Can they be removed or disabled?
they can be removed. In myleague you can use quick edit and quickly take them out for everyone, or at least any badges that impact play (like I don't care who has an "expressive" badge).

From what I understand quick edit doesn't save your badge removals if you do a bunch at one time if you aren't in my league. Someone who has tried to edit a roster outside of myleague would need to comment
Old 10-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Badges seem overpowered, and don’t really make sense with the current rating system. I’ve read speculation that the Badges might take over the rating system (ala All Pro Football 2K8).

I thought of an idea that could make Badges and Ratings co-exist and more relevant. Why not tie the ratings into the badges?

What does this mean exactly?

Badges are based on 4 levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Hall of Fame.

Badge/Rating concept:
Bronze: 80-84
Silver: 85-89
Gold: 90-94
Hall of Fame: 95-99
No Badge: 25-79

If a particular rating matches a badge description, player would inherit as such:

Pass Accuracy: 85 (Dimer badge, silver)
Pass Accuracy: 81 (Dimer badge, bronze)
Strength: 99 (Bruiser, Hall of Fame)
Layup: 91 (Acrobat, gold)
3PT Shot Contested: 95 (Dead Eye, Hall of Fame)

I am not too familiar with all the badges, but you see what I’m getting at. It makes sense. It will also make us consciously aware looking at the attributes that a player has such badge. If I see Andre Drummond’s 96 Rebound Rating, I know right away he is a Hall of Fame caliber “Glass Cleaner”.

In MyLeague and MyGM, itll make us focus more on player development and the trainings to level them up to badges, just like the MyPlayers.
Yes, which is the way it should work. or kind of the way it did work before. where if you keep doing the same things over and over again you unlock that badge to do those things easier.
the problem is not with the badges. its with the fact 2k either cant or refuse to find a balance with these badges. its either OP or UP. no in between.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »