Home

Old 10-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
GRID Review

After a five-year absence, Codemasters is back with its latest installment of the GRID series, simply...

Written By: Robert Kollars

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2019, 05:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Robert, as always, solid review.* It seems as though everyone who plays the game really likes it, as the handling of the cars, the options, and the gameplay are truly worthy of a Codemasters title.* I admit I'm slightly disappointed that there are not more tracks, especially since Codemasters really nails it with F1 tracks and options.* I agree with the position that GRID is to appeal to the masses.* Any word/expectation that more tracks will be available as DLC?* Regardless I'll get it, but without more tracks it may be a game to kill an hour, not an afternoon, lol.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:27 PM   #3
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: GRID Review

Funny, I usually despise any racing game with that dreaded 'center pivot handling model', but GRID handles it well. There is a very predictable, clear point where the car gets "free", and like Bob said...it requires some finesse on the throttle and brake. That allows you to keep the car on that "loose is fast" edge without ever really being in danger of losing control.

I only played an hour last night when it released, but I was pleasantly surprised. I expected to play a race and feel "meh" about it, but I was stunned at how much fun I was having. In this day of iRacing and Automobilista and Assetto Corsa, it's nice to have a game where there's not a lot of difficulty in getting the car around the track. Point and shoot, find the sweet spot for that kind of car, and let it rip.

Satisfied so far, completely unexpectedly.
Old 10-08-2019, 05:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
Can we create a custom championship, like a series of GT3 races where the points carry over from each race? Like in Assetto Corsa. If not, can we at least modify the career races to our likings like in Project CARS 2 with the ability to change race/qualifying/practice lengths so that the races we're forced to go through aren't short sprints?

Is there qualifying? Or do we always start in 1st, the middle, last, or get randomly placed?

Are all cars instantly available in Exhibition mode (if there is an Exhibition mode), or do they need to be unlocked through career mode?
Old 10-08-2019, 05:59 PM   #5
Rookie

ToughJuice's Arena

OVR: 0
Sounds great. Not an online racing guy and wasnt expecting any kind of creation suite from Codemasters, because they never offer a creation suite.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2019, 06:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
Driving is very fun in this game as are the races where the AI drivers have personality. Doesn't seem scripted. If you find Forza and GT Sport stale at this point, definitely give it a try.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:00 PM   #7
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerScooter
Robert, as always, solid review.* It seems as though everyone who plays the game really likes it, as the handling of the cars, the options, and the gameplay are truly worthy of a Codemasters title.* I admit I'm slightly disappointed that there are not more tracks, especially since Codemasters really nails it with F1 tracks and options.* I agree with the position that GRID is to appeal to the masses.* Any word/expectation that more tracks will be available as DLC?* Regardless I'll get it, but without more tracks it may be a game to kill an hour, not an afternoon, lol.

Appreciate the kind words...always. As far as I know there is not an exact timeline on the release of the free DLC tracks at this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-08-2019, 07:03 PM   #8
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
Can we create a custom championship, like a series of GT3 races where the points carry over from each race? Like in Assetto Corsa. If not, can we at least modify the career races to our likings like in Project CARS 2 with the ability to change race/qualifying/practice lengths so that the races we're forced to go through aren't short sprints?

Is there qualifying? Or do we always start in 1st, the middle, last, or get randomly placed?

Are all cars instantly available in Exhibition mode (if there is an Exhibition mode), or do they need to be unlocked through career mode?

1. You can customize a lot of aspects of it, but you cannot set up your own custom championship or modify the branch style career settings

2. You have a chance to qualify before each race, which is called “hot lap qualifying”

3. Only a single car is available at the beginning, and you need to purchase all the other ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »