Home

Broken Badges (My PLayer online)

This is a discussion on Broken Badges (My PLayer online) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-02-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Broken Badges (My PLayer online)

These are a couple of badges that seem to be broken in the rec, pro am and possibly even in your my career when playing with your my player.

Dimer-

I have dimer on gold with a pg of mines. I have been playing with it on Gold for quite a few games and I Rarely see it pop up. Does it work even when its not popping up? I doubt it. you know why. I have guys that are shooters still bricking full whites after being hit with a dimer badge on wide open looks and non of them have steady shooter equipped(which lessens your wide open boost).

When i say rare. I'm talking like twice per game. thats crazy in comparison to other 2ks where I would see it pop up all the time.

Dimer is supposed to work on shooters and guys laying the ball up or dunking the ball. even though the description says "shooting". again i rarely see it pop up in any of those scenarios.

*** wait a second, i just thought about something***. The other badge i was going to discuss was something I've heard many of you state even when the game first dropped.

The Intimidator badge:
I've noticed this badge popping up even if you're on the perimeter and another teammate of yours is jumping to block a guys shot thats actually in the paint. thats right, you the guard or perimeter guy will have your intimidator badge pop up. WHY? you're not supposed to be intimidating anyone that isnt close to you.

This makes me wonder. If that badge is broken OR the area affect is that large(which would be insane.) That may make the game think guys are playing good defense when thats not actually the case.

In addition. the CONTACT badge can pop up when people are not really that close to you (when you're dunking and they are coming from behind you but feet away from you in no way are they able to block your attempt or even touch you due to their distance away from you. ) so why is the contact badge popping up anyway? This tells me the area affect for that is way too large for defenders.

So my new theory is that you only get dimer to pop up when you hit an open teammate. The reason i think this is the case because every single time i see "Found Open Teammate" pop up. My dimer pops up too. Which i dont totally dislike that idea. a dime is only considered a dime when the guy is open.

But due to these other issues with this area affect stuff. guys are not open nearly as much as they should be based on what you see with your own eyes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2019, 10:00 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Broken Badges (My PLayer online)

The one that frustrates me the most is giant slayer, these little guards be so hard to block
Old 10-06-2019, 11:00 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Broken Badges (My PLayer online)

I think Dimer may only show up if it actually makes a difference in making the shot (i.e. if they were going to miss or make regardless, it doesn't show).

Badges I've never seen fire:

Space Creator
Slippery Finisher

rarely:
ankle breaker
stop and go

not sure why it fires:
range extender (I see it fire on mid range shots quite frequently, so I'm not clear as to if it is supposed to make long 2s easier?)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »