Home

Presentation.....

This is a discussion on Presentation..... within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-02-2019, 01:42 AM   #1
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Presentation.....

Please tell me they will be updating this. The replays make no sense and are out of order. You're lucky to see a 5-man hug. You're lucky to see players going to the fist bump line after a goal. I haven't seen a rookie get his puck picked up and thrown to the bench. Where are the stat overlays from last year?! I actually like the commentary, but other than that I would say presentation took 10-steps back. Please tell me there are plans to update the presentation in a patch! This is worse than NBC which was bad for so long, but not this bad.

The only thing I actually like is the graphic overlays. Besides that..... My goodness.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 11:40 AM   #2
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Presentation.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
Please tell me they will be updating this. The replays make no sense and are out of order. You're lucky to see a 5-man hug. You're lucky to see players going to the fist bump line after a goal. I haven't seen a rookie get his puck picked up and thrown to the bench. Where are the stat overlays from last year?! I actually like the commentary, but other than that I would say presentation took 10-steps back. Please tell me there are plans to update the presentation in a patch! This is worse than NBC which was bad for so long, but not this bad.

The only thing I actually like is the graphic overlays. Besides that..... My goodness.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
I've had NHL 20 since release day.

I'm not a fan of the presentation this year and the commentary is thin. However, I've seen everything you mentioned in franchise, from the stat overlays, to the group cellys, to the fist-pump replays. I see the fist pump probably 9 times out of 10.

I've seen the rookie getting his 1st goal sequence (for Justin Dowling oddly enough), so it's there too.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:14 PM   #3
Rookie

FJ47's Arena

OVR: 2

My biggest gripe is the new scoreboard across the bottom of the screen, especially the stat overlays, like powerplay performance, faceoffs won, individual stats, etc. It seems like they pop up too late. Every time one pops up, I look down at it and the linesman drops the puck at the same time and I'm losing the faceoff. They need to move this up a few seconds. I also seem to have trouble locating the powerplay clock while play is going on. I don't know, maybe it's just me and my old eyes...
Old 10-03-2019, 02:45 PM   #4
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ47
My biggest gripe is the new scoreboard across the bottom of the screen, especially the stat overlays, like powerplay performance, faceoffs won, individual stats, etc. It seems like they pop up too late. Every time one pops up, I look down at it and the linesman drops the puck at the same time and I'm losing the faceoff. They need to move this up a few seconds. I also seem to have trouble locating the powerplay clock while play is going on. I don't know, maybe it's just me and my old eyes...
It isn't just you. The new scoreboard is horrible.

Also, if it's the first PP of the game, why does the stat overlay pop up saying "Tonight 0/0, 0 shots"?

Just no logic there. Show me the PP percentage so far this season, at least.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:09 PM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ47
Yeah the stat overlays need to pop up sooner while there is a stoppage in play.

I like the new scoreboard though as well as the commentary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2019, 08:29 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

NHL 18 had the best overall presentation.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:23 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Watch a guy play Madden 20 the other day. I was amazed at the presentation in that game. The aerial views and flyovers...the interaction with the players, etc. It completely blows away and embarrasses NHL 20. It's really made me think about buying it even more just on presentation alone.

In NHL 20, there was an instant replay for a goal.....the replay was from the top row of the stadium. Completely useless and couldn't see anything anyway. The replays in the game are random, and like stated, are pointless.

I'm trying to find the preview videos of NHL20, but wasn't there a replace showing the players attacking and the replay had grayed out and area of the ice as if it was a "madden" type replay? I swear I saw that. Maybe I didn't, maybe they took it out, but the replays are pointless this year.

To me, if you blink, you'll miss the opening presentation of the game. Besides moving the scoreboard to the bottom and add a seizure inducing flashing power play log, I'm still trying to see what this "new" presentation is.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Benglez's Arena

OVR: 2

Abandoning the "TV style" overlays makes me think EA gave up on the "Sim" aspect, at least for this franchise ("if it's in the game..." remember those years?), and now embraces a kind of "arcadish" style presentation...maybe to match the type of gameplay they give us these days...not bad, I still enjoy the game, it's just not sim...if your flagship as a videogame company it's online paying modes, it makes sense they do it this way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »