Home

Price drop and some more fixes for me.

This is a discussion on Price drop and some more fixes for me. within the Maximum Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-01-2019, 03:43 AM   #1
Rookie

VTWiseGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Price drop and some more fixes for me.

‪I hate to say it. This is why I didn’t jump out and spend $30 on this game. The price alone is kinda high for a blind shot with this game. $10 would be a good starting price. Maybe with some patches and a price cut. I may buy it later on. ‬

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 07:45 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Price drop and some more fixes for me.

I've seen a few people playing it.

Wasnt sure how it was though

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTWiseGuy
‪I hate to say it. This is why I didn’t jump out and spend $30 on this game. The price alone is kinda high for a blind shot with this game. $10 would be a good starting price. Maybe with some patches and a price cut. I may buy it later on. ‬

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Hey man, it’s cool if this ain’t your speed my g. It’s honestly okay to stick with Madden and NCAA 14.

$10? Do you realize the work and stuff behind it? Just to get this far? Some things like that may come disrespectful to the team..

What I would say to get a better understanding is to go back into the development and see the things they had to do in order to see why it costs that. You can’t honestly think they can move positively forward with a $10 game
Old 10-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
Hey man, it’s cool if this ain’t your speed my g. It’s honestly okay to stick with Madden and NCAA 14.

$10? Do you realize the work and stuff behind it? Just to get this far? Some things like that may come disrespectful to the team..

What I would say to get a better understanding is to go back into the development and see the things they had to do in order to see why it costs that. You can’t honestly think they can move positively forward with a $10 game

It’s a semi fair point. Especially considering it’s $40 in Canada if I’m not mistaken. I don’t understand why we cling to the fact that it being a three man team justifies everything. I applaud their effort, I’ll continue to support them, but it doesn’t mean the gameplay is somehow currently worth the price tag. The main reason for purchasing at this point is purely to support them moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #5
Rookie

I've purchased the game the previous 2 years to support the developer's but up here in Canada it's now double the price of what it was last year. I understand the fact they've brought on a few extra people to help with development but does that justify doubling the price one year later?

I've watched gameplay videos and can see improvement in a few areas which is great but personally I find the jump in price to be too much for a game that still needs a lot of work.

Remember back in 2005 when NFL 2k5 was released and retailed brand new for $29.99 here in Canada which was half the price of Madden? I realize prices have gone up since then so putting things into perspective MF19 is retailing for half the price of Madden 19. Is MF 19 anything close to what 2k5 was at the time with awesome gameplay and commentary? Not even close. So how can this development team justify doubling the price in one year especially if they're trying to create a larger user base?

Last edited by handheldpictures; 10-01-2019 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Too much spacing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 02:04 PM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

They have to make money. They aren't working for nothing; and they are charging half of what the AAA companies are. Same goes with Axis Football. I'm sure at some point in the not too distant future you will be able to pick these games up for $20 and experience Dynasty and/or Franchise Modes in these indie games that a AAA company who charges $60-100(depending on which version you buy) doesn't even come close to giving you.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by handheldpictures
So how can this development team justify doubling the price in one year especially if they're trying to create a larger user base?
Lets not start the whole discussion on economics and supply and demand. I am sure the team researched price points and maximum ROI and $30 is where they wanted to be. Sure if you lower the price you will sell more copies but you reach the law of diminishing returns. Again I am sure they researched all this and $30 was the sweet spot.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #8
Pyramid Lake Games

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
They have to make money. They aren't working for nothing; and they are charging half of what the AAA companies are.
Just wanted to chime in on this. We are working for nothing. The three of us behind the game do not take a paycheck. Everything, including Patreon support, is invested back into the game. This is how we are able to make such large improvements from the previous year with new 3d player models, etc.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and we can absolutely appreciate that. Thanks for all of your support and feedback. That's what will make this franchise better with each patch, content update, and release.

http://www.varsityvideogame.com
https://www.pyramidlakegames.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Maximum Football »