Home

Very Late Release, 49-3pt rating

This is a discussion on Very Late Release, 49-3pt rating within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-26-2019, 08:10 AM   #1
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Very Late Release, 49-3pt rating

Well...let's discuss: Should this shot drop? For some history I lost a game earlier this year to HOU where Harden did the same thing on a contested midrange fall-away to beat the shot clock. But this is Willie. Cauley. Stein....who's NOT set.

Earlier it was Harden so I was ok with it after some thought--IMO good shooters should have leeway...thats ok IMO. Kinda like Klay does below. And on a sidenote: This is why I prefer for most of this stuff to be under-the-hood. Any other year i'm blissfully unaware that his release was THIS BAD. But who knows, maybe we can help the devs better tune now that we see so much.

IMO Some of the randomness of the shot system is good. It makes the game organic and unscripted....but should a shot's success from this bad a shooter need better criteria? Maybe it can only go in with a SLIGHTLY or EXCELLENT release. Tell me what you guys think.....

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-26-2019 at 08:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2019, 08:24 AM   #2
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Very Late Release, 49-3pt rating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Well...let's discuss: Should this shot drop? For some history I lost a game earlier this year to HOU where Harden did the same thing on a contested midrange fall-away to beat the shot clock. But this is Willie. Cauley. Stein....who's NOT set.

Earlier it was Harden so I was ok with it after some thought--IMO good shooters should have leeway...thats ok IMO. Kinda like Klay does below. And on a sidenote: This is why I prefer for most of this stuff to be under-the-hood. Any other year i'm blissfully unaware that his release was THIS BAD. But who knows, maybe we can help the devs better tune now that we see so much.

IMO Some of the randomness of the shot system is good. It makes the game organic and unscripted....but should a shot's success from this bad a shooter need better criteria? Maybe it can only go in with a SLIGHTLY or EXCELLENT release. Tell me what you guys think.....
49 3pt rating is 24 pts higher than the minimum rating. a shot, especially a Bad Times shot, will Not go in very likely. but even a very low Chance means, that There is a Chance. if this shot has a Chance to go in of 1% that means 99 Times He will miss, but the 100th will go in. let him take that shot 10 Times, i doubt that He will make it more than once.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:25 AM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Hey we wanted corner shooting buffed right?

Jk.

Should it go in? Nah.
Is it beyond the realm of possibility? Nah.

I think this is just a "Come on 2k" and keep it moving instance. The shot visibility just makes it sting a bit more, lol
Old 09-26-2019, 08:58 AM   #4
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Even a very low Chance means, that There is a Chance. if this shot has a Chance to go in of 1% that means 99 Times He will miss, but the 100th will go in. let him take that shot 10 Times, i doubt that He will make it more than once.
Tend to agree. I just wish this kind of thing happened less in 5 minute quarters. The game is short--feels like unlikely instances should happen even less.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:13 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Should it go in, maybe there is always a chance.

My biggest issue is that he is standing (or running)at the 3 line!

I normally play with and against every team to see how they play, run plays, or change each game. One of the biggest problems is none 3pt shooting PFs and Cs standing, standing at the 3pt line.

Last edited by keshunleon; 09-26-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2019, 09:24 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir

It's a known issue this year with 2k20

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2019, 10:03 AM   #7
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Hey we wanted corner shooting buffed right?

Jk.

Should it go in? Nah.
Is it beyond the realm of possibility? Nah.

I think this is just a "Come on 2k" and keep it moving instance. The shot visibility just makes it sting a bit more, lol
NO ****ing way 24th!!!!!!! We can't have this!!!!! David West is retired!!! WCS isn't his replacement.

The bottom line really is that means this totally confirms shooting has been messed up. All those shots I've been complaining about in the other thread. These are kind of shoots we'll see all season long. How many 3 pointers has WCS hit? Here I'll tell you. 4. He's taken 18 in his career. When people say what you just said. It's just a 2k moment. No... We can't have that stuff show up in 5 minute quarter games. That's beyond frustrating
Old 09-26-2019, 10:15 AM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
NO ****ing way 24th!!!!!!! We can't have this!!!!! David West is retired!!! WCS isn't his replacement.

The bottom line really is that means this totally confirms shooting has been messed up. All those shots I've been complaining about in the other thread. These are kind of shoots we'll see all season long. How many 3 pointers has WCS hit? Here I'll tell you. 4. He's taken 18 in his career. When people say what you just said. It's just a 2k moment. No... We can't have that stuff show up in 5 minute quarter games. That's beyond frustrating
Oh believe me, this is why I've had my reservations on shooting being ticked up. Unfortunately we are not at the point where we can do situational adjustments (i.e JUST wide open shots with good shooters etc.) so we have to look at the broader view. We run the risk of seeing more of this as a result.

but unless this happens often, and this year I haven't been seeing this much AT ALL, once you get out of the frustration of the moment you just have to take it in stride and not overreact to it. I mean I play MyTeam and I'm not even seeing a myriad of bad shots fall for bad shooters..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »