Home

Completed Classic Teams - NBA 2K20 (XBox One)

This is a discussion on Completed Classic Teams - NBA 2K20 (XBox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-22-2019, 08:14 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Completed Classic Teams - NBA 2K20 (XBox One)

Seems like every year there's a struggle for XBox One users to find a roster with just completed classic teams, so I'm sharing mine.

User: Swove
File: Retro

or if you're looking for completed classic teams and some additional classic teams (mostly made out of All-Time slots):

File: Completed Historic Roster Plus

The current additional teams in Completed Historic Roster Plus (as of 1-13-20):

1993 Phoenix Suns
1994 Seattle SuperSonics
1995 Chicago Bulls
1995 San Antonio Spurs
1996 Toronto Raptors
1997 Detroit Pistons
1998 Indiana Pacers
2000 Phoenix Suns
2002 Washington Wizards
2003 Houston Rockets
2004 Cleveland Cavaliers
2006 New Jersey Nets (8-man rotation so far)
2009 Los Angeles Lakers

I've edited each classic team between 1983 and 2016 to have more accurate shoes, accessories, missing key rotation players, and some signature edits. Created players (guys like Anthony Mason, David West, Mike Miller) nearly all stem from user contributions in the Legends Create-a-Player thread.

I plan on hitting up the teams from '77 prior, but felt most tend to use the teams from '85 on forward so figured it was worth sharing in the meantime. Edit: All teams now edited to have primary rotations filled.

A few caveats because I technically make this roster for my own use with my own so-so standards:

1. The missing rotation players are mostly attribute DNA copies of similar players. The idea is to edit those attributes and signatures more closely down the road but in the meantime, I just wanted to get authentic looking created players playing generally like themselves, even if that means not yet poring through C.J. Watson's attributes with precision.

2. Winston Bennett, Kendrick Perkins, and Mario Chalmers haven't been added yet (1990 Cavaliers, 2008 Celtics, 2012 Thunder, 2013 Heat). Edit: All three are now added.

3. I don't know how some shoe edits will go through 2KShare. It all looks great on my local file but I imagine there's going to be instances where shoes may need to be manually re-selected (say, in the instance of creating Kobe's custom-colored shoes in 2001). There is an accessory thread in this forum for reference.

4. Some teams will need to have their proper gear color selected in the team select screen. The 1991 Lakers and 1987 Lakers are the first that come to mine (they'll need "blue" leg accessories). The 2016 Cavaliers will also need their socks toggled depending which uniform one chooses (they currently default to white at home and black on the road).

5. Team play styles and/or tendencies haven't been touched. I don't know a lot about diving into that with 2K.

6. Nearly all teams have been edited to the point of being able to run an authentic rotation, usually matching that team's playoff rotation (or Finals rotation) with a few exceptions (2008 Rockets, for one, since Yao was injured by the time postseason play rolled around). That typically means to being 9-12 players deep. That said, if it's a 40-point game with one minute left, most teams will still try to sub in some generic No. 99 Browns. Not so during the course of a normal game, however.

Anyway, that's that. Hope someone can get some use out of them.

Last edited by VDusen04; 02-09-2020 at 12:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 11:36 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Completed Classic Teams - NBA 2K20 (XBox One)

I don't even have Xbox. And I'll say nice work! I hope MJWizard does something for us.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #3
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I don't even have Xbox. And I'll say nice work! I hope MJWizard does something for us.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I'm doing 33 classic teams for PS4:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049901424
+
'82-'83 Philadelphia 76ers (All-Time 76ers)
'92-'93 Phoenix Suns (All-Time Suns)
'97-'98 Indiana Pacers (All-Time Pacers)

which makes 36 classic teams.

Last edited by gu8lal8; 09-23-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:30 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Realized I hadn't edited the 1997 Miami Heat. They've been fixed, Voshon Lenard added. Winston Bennett was added to the 1990 Cleveland Cavaliers and Bob Boozer to the 1971 Bucks.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:47 PM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't know who has the ps4 version. I'm just looking for the missing legends for the current classic teams.

You have a spreadsheet that I can manually input?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2019, 03:02 PM   #6
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Thanks VDusen! I hope to download it tonight..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:09 PM   #7
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Seems like every year there's a struggle for XBox One users to find a roster with just completed classic teams, so I'm sharing mine.

User: Swove
File: Retro

I've edited each classic team between 1983 and 2016 to have more accurate shoes, accessories, missing key rotation players, and some signature edits. Created players (guys like Anthony Mason, David West, Mike Miller, Chris Bosh) nearly all stem from user contributions in the Legends Create-a-Player thread.

I plan on hitting up the teams from '77 prior, but felt most tend to use the teams from '85 on forward so figured it was worth sharing in the meantime.

A few caveats because I technically make this roster for my own use with my own so-so standards:

1. The missing rotation players are mostly attribute DNA copies of similar players. The idea is to edit those attributes and signatures more closely down the road but in the meantime, I just wanted to get authentic looking created players playing generally like themselves, even if that means not yet poring through C.J. Watson's attributes with precision.

2. Winston Bennett, Kendrick Perkins, and Mario Chalmers haven't been added yet (1990 Cavaliers, 2008 Celtics, 2012 Thunder, 2013 Heat)

3. I don't know how some shoe edits will go through 2KShare. It all looks great on my local file but I imagine there's going to be instances where shoes may need to be manually re-selected (say, in the instance of creating Kobe's custom-colored shoes in 2001). There is an accessory thread in this forum for reference.

4. Some teams will need to have their proper gear color selected in the team select screen. The 1991 Lakers and 1987 Lakers are the first that come to mine (they'll need "blue" leg accessories). The 2016 Cavaliers will also need their socks toggled depending which uniform one chooses (they currently default to white at home and black on the road).

5. Team play styles and/or tendencies haven't been touched. I don't know a lot about diving into that with 2K.

6. Nearly all teams have been edited to the point of being able to run an authentic rotation, usually matching that team's playoff rotation (or Finals rotation) with a few exceptions (2008 Rockets, for one, since Yao was injured by the time postseason play rolled around). That typically means to being 9-12 players deep. That said, if it's a 40-point game with one minute left, most teams will still try to sub in some generic No. 99 Browns. Not so during the course of a normal game, however.

Anyway, that's that. Hope someone can get some use out of them.
thannksor doing this, did you happen to add Jason terry to the 11 mavs and sheed to the pistons? I think maybe 94?
Old 09-25-2019, 11:12 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
thannksor doing this, did you happen to add Jason terry to the 11 mavs and sheed to the pistons? I think maybe 94?
Outside of Kendrick Perkins and Mario Chalmers, almost every other key rotation player is accounted for, particularly if they were starters or seeing very heavy minutes off the bench (or if they filled a desperate need. Say, on a team with no backup point guard.)

As previously alluded, many created players are currently set at "best fit", meaning I applied DNA that closely matched the type of player they were but I did not refine all the playstyle details. My plan was to make a sweep where I at least got all the players and their faces out there, rotations set, accessories set, and shoes set before entertaining the idea of going back through and refining. So, if you know a nice jumper set for Jason Terry, for instance, that's something that'll need to be edited manually (and then hopefully shared here so I can make that edit too).

Off the top of my head, some of the created players added (via formulas that were 70 percent from Sellaz and his YouTube account): Caldwell Jones, Dean Meminger, Orlando Woolridge, Gene Banks, Winston Bennett, Terry Teagle, Anthony Mason, Malik Rose, Rasheed Wallace (Pistons), Rasheed Wallace (Blazers), Kurt Thomas, Glen Davis, Eddie House, Lucious Harris, Rasho Nesterovic, Slava Medvedenko, Tayshaun Prince, (a poor) Mehmet Okur, David West, Bob Boozer, Anthony Carter, Rudy Fernandez, Boris Diaw, Joe Johnson, Manu Ginobili, Rafer Alston, Chris Bosh, Mike Miller, Jason Terry, and Michael Olowokandi (there's more).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »