Home

Need help on a new Center build.

This is a discussion on Need help on a new Center build. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2019, 12:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need help on a new Center build.

From what I'm hearing there's a lot of Rim Protectors and Glass Cleaners. I NEED a big man with a jump shop, my current build has a 58, thus it's rendered useless and pointless to keep working on it. I love post scoring so that's why I chose those 2 particular pie charts

Here's 1st new Build at 7'1 max weight, max wingspan. NO inside badges whatsoever. Strength maxes at 84 is suspect But I can take Rim Protectors out the game completely just standing at the 3 point line.

Here's they 2nd build. 7'0 max weight, normal wingspan. Strength is 95 That alone could prove more worthy, but idk. Not sure how dependable that 3 ball gone be, mid-range should be ok. I wanted to go up on height, but that messes with shooting.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 12:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Need help on a new Center build.

You said you need a jump shot but why? I’m a glass and it’s fun to dominate with him. I mean do what’s fun for you so I would say the first one but don’t sleep on glass’
Old 09-19-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMA
You said you need a jump shot but why? I’m a glass and it’s fun to dominate with him. I mean do what’s fun for you so I would say the first one but don’t sleep on glass’
1) I want a jump shot so I don't clog the paint

2) If I'm matched with a Rim Protector I can keep him out the paint with shooting mid-range and 3s. My team can then attack the paint and not worry about him

I don't want a Glass, they're not my play style at all
Old 09-19-2019, 05:13 PM   #4
MVP

Those builds are ugly. Really anything without defensive as a primary isnt worth making.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Those builds are ugly. Really anything without defensive as a primary isnt worth making.
Ugly how? What should I change?

I'll try to create a defense first build but the scoring and most importantly shooting will be low

Last edited by ImInThis; 09-19-2019 at 05:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 08:26 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
Ugly how? What should I change?

I'll try to create a defense first build but the scoring and most importantly shooting will be low
Neither of those builds is really good at anything. You'll be able to hit wide open shots from the corner fairly consistently but that's about it. 75 def rebound for a center is laughable and why the need for a 92 standing dunk when you're planning on spacing the floor?

If you really want a shooting center just go pure shooting. Having a low to mid 70s jumper isn't worth sacrificing everything a center is supposed to do well
Old 09-19-2019, 09:46 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Neither of those builds is really good at anything. You'll be able to hit wide open shots from the corner fairly consistently but that's about it. 75 def rebound for a center is laughable and why the need for a 92 standing dunk when you're planning on spacing the floor?

If you really want a shooting center just go pure shooting. Having a low to mid 70s jumper isn't worth sacrificing everything a center is supposed to do well
All the shooting badges would be HOF though. That's not enough? And of Course there's 95 Post Fade

Pure shooting would mean lack of defense and rebounding
Old 09-20-2019, 05:43 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
All the shooting badges would be HOF though. That's not enough? And of Course there's 95 Post Fade

Pure shooting would mean lack of defense and rebounding
you're already severly lacking defense and rebounding. you're better off being really good at one thing than mediocre at a couple things IMO. Personally if I wanted to make a post-scoring sharp I'd just make like a 6'9" small forward or a 6'7" shooting guard. Almost every big you run into this year will absolutely demolish you in the paint with those builds

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »