Home

I'm tired of the grind already, am I just being weak?

This is a discussion on I'm tired of the grind already, am I just being weak? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2019, 07:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm tired of the grind already, am I just being weak?

Have bought any VC, I'm at 75ovr right now. I have 3 10k endorsements but haven't received anything yet. Doingg Calculus homework is more rewarding than this. And while I grind all my friends are having fun

And I can't help but think what if my build is bad at it's full potential:

7'1 Max Weight
-90 close shot
-90 Standing dunk
-93 Post Hook
-68 Driving Dunk
-58 Mid range--------------If I can't make mid-range shots this build is dead in the water.
-89 Interior defense
-81 Shot Block
-77 offensive and Defensive rebounding

......Back to badge grinding

Last edited by ImInThis; 09-18-2019 at 07:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

Re: I'm tired of the grind already, am I just being weak?

game hasnt been out 2 months and you are tired of grinding ? try the acutual NBA modes my friend. Play many modes to change the mood
Old 09-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #3
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Not weak at all, our Pro-AM squad went from 10 man roster to only 2 who still play the game. Having to grind every year for overall and badges is tiresome. And god forbid you grind away and that build is trash...see ya next year
Old 09-18-2019, 08:40 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

You are not being weak, you are being smart.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:58 PM   #5
MVP

Nothing wrong with it at all....IMO the whole My Player deal is intentionally designed to make people tired of the grind;they pretty much want people to have to no life it in order to be "competitive".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2019, 08:59 PM   #6

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

You are not being weak. When something is a grind it’s not typically fun. It’s very time consuming. Sometimes repetitive. Mycareer/park is designed this way to either keep us playing, or you can cut down on that grind by coughing up some money. If it’s not fun anymore don’t torture yourself. Play a different mode or just turn the game off. This morning I just finished the draft. Haven’t even started summer league. I won’t let this mode take over my life or force me to buy VC. Heck I’ve been saving all my VC. Haven’t dumped any into my player yet. Don’t know if this is the one ima go with. The moment a game is no longer fun to me I shelve it.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:31 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

NBA 2K20's MyPlayer modes weren't designed to be fun, they were designed to delay you from maxing out your character for as long as possible so that Take Two's executives can brag to their shareholders about how high their "player engagement" is throughout the year.

Unlike real competitive games like Rocket League, Counter-Strike, Overwatch, Street Fighter, League of Legends, Fortnite, et al. -- where the only "grind" is actually getting better at playing the game, not making some stupid progress bars go up -- NBA 2K is scared that simply playing their game without any of the 1990s RPG leveling attached to it won't be fun enough to keep people engaged year round.

It's unfortunate that the sports game with the best designed multiplayer mode (NHL 20's EA Sports Hockey League) happens to have the worst gameplay, and the sports game with the best gameplay (NBA 2K20) happens to have the worst designed multiplayer modes.

Just imagine how much more fun and competitive NBA 2K would be if all you had to do was load up the game, choose a player style, and pick some badges from a menu like you do in NHL 20. But because "player engagement" is the overarching design goal of NBA 2K20, we are stuck having to slog through 100+ MyCareer games before we can finally start having fun.

Last edited by jyoung; 09-18-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:57 PM   #8
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

I remember having a god squad in Madden Ultimate team 11 about 9 years ago, then having it all taken from me & having to start from scratch in MUT 12. Then doing the same when 13 game out, etc.....

Eventually, I came to my senses that I wasn't gonna put up with the endless yearly cycle of that nonsense: which was to get hyped for crappy cards in the fall, get hyped for decent cards in the winter, get hyped for great cards in the spring, and then finally getting hyped for the best cards in the summer.

That business model is an endless rotation that has spread to MyTeam in 2k too. MyCareer is the same thing: Grind & grind for days making your guy good, then having to redo the entire thing once the new game comes out.

Don't be miserable, just find a new game or pay the VC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »