Home

2K20 Trade Thread

This is a discussion on 2K20 Trade Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
2K20 Trade Thread

Post your questions about potential 2K20 trades here!

The following is a system that I like to use when considering trades in my MyLeagues. It centers around an Asset based system that I use to give value to players and use to attempt to create balanced and/or realistic trades.

Essentially each trade piece is assigned an Asset Value which determines its value in a trade.

Superstar/All-NBA players = 3 assets
High end starters = 2 assets
Promising young players = 1 asset
Low level starters/role players = 0.5 assets

1-5 draft pick = 2 assets
5-15 draft pick = 1 asset
15-30 draft pick = 0.5 asset
2x second round draft picks = 0.5 assets

Bad contracts 1-2years = -1 asset
Bad contracts 3+ years = - 2 assets

Using the above values, you can attempt to balance trades by making the total Asset Values match on either side.

For example, trading for Damien Lillard as a 3 asset player would require a promising young player and 2 lottery picks for roughly even value.

It's obviously up to the user to use the system at their own discretion in order to create realistic trades, particularly in 30 team user control MyLeagues.

For example, if a team is desperate for a particular trade to go through (LA Clippers and Paul George), they might overpay in total Asset Value to ensure that it does.

Similarly, if a team is desperate to get rid of a player, they might accept less total Asset Value than the player is worth (TJ Warren and the Suns).

Finally, if there is an added narrative element that would affect the trade one way or another, this might also influence the total Asset Value. For example, a team would likely have to give up more than 3 assets in the Damien Lillard example because of his loyalty to Portland and his importance to the team.

Hope this is helpful for people and adds a fun/interesting element to their MyLeagues.

Last edited by Mackrel829; 09-17-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: 2K20 Trade Thread

Nice! Didn't see a trade thread either and was wondering what was taking so long lol.

I run a 30 team myleague and have had trouble coming up with any trades. I figured Spurs and Thunder would be prime candidates to trade some good players but theyre both in the playoff picture a couple days before the deadline.

I posted this on another thread but the only trade I've gotten off so far has been Beal to Detroit. Pistons are second in the East and the Wizards are the worst team in the league at 8-39.

Wizards got: Unprotected DET '20, '21 first rounders and a lottery Protected '22 first. To make the money work they took Snell and an expiring Reggie Jackson

Pistons got Beal

I got some feedback saying doumboya should have been included and I agree, I messed that up. Seemed like none of the other competing teams had enough picks/the right money to make it work. And the lower teams I feel wouldn't have been willing to give up a couple firsts. I also feel like Beal would have lost value next year being an expiring unless he committed to signing somewhere

Edit: I do have the Stepien rule activated, not sure how this trade skirted the rule.

Last edited by MakaveliLPC; 09-16-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Unless I've missed it, I'm not seeing an official trade thread yet this year. I love discussing potential realistic trades for those that like to play 30 team user control so I guess I'll kick things off.

I heard that the Pelicans were seriously pursuing Myles Turner during the offseason and am weighing up the options in terms of trading either Turner or Sabonis. What would a Pacers to the Pelicans trade look like?

Turner + Leaf for Ingram + Favors looks like it would work nicely for both teams involved.

P. S. If there is already a trade thread, call me stupid and link me to it.
Not sure of the details IRL, but I feel like if one of Myles or Sabonis has to go, I'd let go of Sabonis. Myles can space the floor a bit better and his defense is ahead of Sabonis by quite a lot. Not to mention Sabonis will be getting paid next year and Myles has a very team friendly contract (in my opinion anyway).
Old 09-16-2019, 04:49 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
Not sure of the details IRL, but I feel like if one of Myles or Sabonis has to go, I'd let go of Sabonis. Myles can space the floor a bit better and his defense is ahead of Sabonis by quite a lot. Not to mention Sabonis will be getting paid next year and Myles has a very team friendly contract (in my opinion anyway).
The Pacers are my team IRL and I'd definitely prefer if they kept Turner over Sabonis. Turner would get you more on the trade market though, especially with that contract that you mentioned. From what I've heard there have been a lot more teams interested in Turner than Sabonis so that might be the more realistic way to go.

I've been considering trades for Sabonis too though, since that certainly isn't out of the question.

I've considered Sabonis to the Knicks for Dennis Smith Jr.

Also, Sabonis to the Cavs for Sexton.

I think these are both realistic rookie deal for rookie deal trades that would help each party out a lot. The Pacers would have a very deep and versatile back court in either scenario, but would still have a gaping hole at the 4. This would have to be filled by TJ Warren in the short term.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:56 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
Nice! Didn't see a trade thread either and was wondering what was taking so long lol.

I run a 30 team myleague and have had trouble coming up with any trades. I figured Spurs and Thunder would be prime candidates to trade some good players but theyre both in the playoff picture a couple days before the deadline.

I posted this on another thread but the only trade I've gotten off so far has been Beal to Detroit. Pistons are second in the East and the Wizards are the worst team in the league at 8-39.

Wizards got: Unprotected DET '20, '21 first rounders and a lottery Protected '22 first. To make the money work they took Snell and an expiring Reggie Jackson

Pistons got Beal

I got some feedback saying doumboya should have been included and I agree, I messed that up. Seemed like none of the other competing teams had enough picks/the right money to make it work. And the lower teams I feel wouldn't have been willing to give up a couple firsts. I also feel like Beal would have lost value next year being an expiring unless he committed to signing somewhere

Edit: I do have the Stepien rule activated, not sure how this trade skirted the rule.
Beal to the Pistons is interesting.

I've been considering Beal to the Raptors for OG, Hollis Jefferson, Ibaka and probably two protected first rounders.

The Raptors have shown that they are willing to be aggressive on the trade market, and this would give them a high upside core of FVF, Beal and Siakam to build around.

Lowry and Gasol can see out their contracts, allowing the Raptors to be competitive again this year, but also free up a ton of cap space going into the offseason.

I've also got a nice three way trade lined up with D'Angelo Russell going to the Wolves, Teague going to the Thunder, and Covington + Gallinari to the Warriors. Wolves also giving up a first round pick to each other team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 02:36 PM   #6
Rookie

Silent's Arena

OVR: 1

What would u guys give up/what's fair to get Cameron Reddish on the Bulls? Hawks are playing him 14 min a night and they signed Buddy Hield from the kings....Teams are not keeping there players in this year's game lol

Michael Porter Jr. was flat out released by the Nuggets

Silent
Old 09-17-2019, 04:40 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent
What would u guys give up/what's fair to get Cameron Reddish on the Bulls? Hawks are playing him 14 min a night and they signed Buddy Hield from the kings....Teams are not keeping there players in this year's game lol

Michael Porter Jr. was flat out released by the Nuggets

Silent
I assume from what you've said that you're in yout second season? So it all depends on which direction you want to go and on how Reddish played last season. I also assume that he didn't play great if he's only on 14 mpg.

He probably has more upside than Hutchison, so you could do him + a lottery protected first.

You could also do Felicio + a lightly protected first if you're desperate to get off his money (I forget if he has one year left or two).

Or you could do Reddish + a lightly protected first for Markkanen, depending on how you feel about him.
Old 09-19-2019, 02:14 AM   #8
MVP

Still looking for potential Turner/Sabonis trades. I'm considering Sabonis for John Collins.

Seems like a trade that could help both teams out and seems pretty fair just like for like.

Thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »