Home

Stop letting squads in the rec center

This is a discussion on Stop letting squads in the rec center within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2019, 03:24 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Stop letting squads in the rec center

We get it, you're not good enough for pro am, but it's pretty lame you gotta beat up on uncoordinated teams of randoms. Should be groups of 2 max allowed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 04:02 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Stop letting squads in the rec center

Yeah it’s crazy how much it’s changed. I’ve played about 10 rec games and 8 of them were against squads. I mean I get you can only play for one Pro Am squad so you kinda have to use Rec if you want to play with friends outside your team but it kinda sucks when you’re on the other side.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:36 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

It’s been this way early in the year since the 2k league.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:53 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
We get it, you're not good enough for pro am, but it's pretty lame you gotta beat up on uncoordinated teams of randoms. Should be groups of 2 max allowed
I highly disagree, when I got my main team on, sure we’ll play ProAm. But if I’m running with other friends and the lineup isn’t the best or they got some people in there that IDK, I’m not running Team with them. And I’m definitely not running team without a good squad just cause some person I don’t know won’t enjoy it

I promise you most squads you see are either practicing for ProAm or just don’t got their main 5 on, most dudes with a ton of rec games have a ton of Team games played. It’s on 2K to fix the matchmaking and try to play them against other teams that have a mini squad/full squad in there.

Last edited by MackZillaTV; 09-15-2019 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2019, 06:03 PM   #5
Pro

Agreed %100.

I was just thinking this today. I only have a couple friends on xbox none of which were on and I wanted to play some 5x5. My first game was against a Squad while my team was full of randoms. I had to deal with a high double screen into 1 roller and 1 popper the whole game. And they did the same play every play. My buddy I play with has all kinds of other people he plays with and his build is a Lockdown Rebounder so it is easy for him to find teams to play on. He keeps bragging about his Rec Center record but I am like dude you are playing on a Squad of 5 against Randoms.

They should have two doors. One side of the court is for players that are squaded up while the other side would be single entry only. This would make the Rec much more balanced and fair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 06:14 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
I highly disagree, when I got my main team on, sure we’ll play ProAm. But if I’m running with other friends and the lineup isn’t the best or they got some people in there that IDK, I’m not running Team with them. And I’m definitely not running team without a good squad just cause some person I don’t know won’t enjoy it

I promise you most squads you see are either practicing for ProAm or just don’t got their main 5 on, most dudes with a ton of rec games have a ton of Team games played. It’s on 2K to fix the matchmaking and try to play them against other teams that have a mini squad/full squad in there.

Back in 05 or whatever played a game called guild wars. Had a bunch of pvp options but one was random arena where it was all random. Sure some people would try to sync it and sometimes they could, but dude is right. It seems you know how bummy Randoms are. Tbh the talent level in bball games is going down. I remember beating a full five of friends who were good with Randoms. I was sending them messages like hahaha.

If 2k found a way to separate players by skill it would not matter as much. I mean backwhen we'd play 5 on 5 and if we had 4/5 and invited one suspect dude it could be a 20 point loss. That's how much stuff matters.

It's not really practice to beat up on bums. It's like how Duke plays four cupcakes in a row to start haha. Well maybe it's marketing. You actually get worse by playing against bad teams imo.

-Smak
Old 09-15-2019, 07:06 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Back in 05 or whatever played a game called guild wars. Had a bunch of pvp options but one was random arena where it was all random. Sure some people would try to sync it and sometimes they could, but dude is right. It seems you know how bummy Randoms are. Tbh the talent level in bball games is going down. I remember beating a full five of friends who were good with Randoms. I was sending them messages like hahaha.

If 2k found a way to separate players by skill it would not matter as much. I mean backwhen we'd play 5 on 5 and if we had 4/5 and invited one suspect dude it could be a 20 point loss. That's how much stuff matters.

It's not really practice to beat up on bums. It's like how Duke plays four cupcakes in a row to start haha. Well maybe it's marketing. You actually get worse by playing against bad teams imo.

-Smak
By practice I don’t mean running plays or practicing zone because that’s dumb to do in rec against randys, I mean trying out a new build or someone you don’t know and you aren’t tryna kill your team’s record
Old 09-15-2019, 08:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Rec just isn't fun. It's nothing but over powered Centers and you turbo running in circles hoping you get open for shot .

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »