Home

The Face Up Game Is Back

This is a discussion on The Face Up Game Is Back within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
The Face Up Game Is Back

I think all of us can agree that the face up game has been hit or miss in the last couple of 2K's, but I am loving what you can do with it this year.

You can really use your creativity to throw off the computer (who now has realistic responses) or human opponents.

Here's a couple of clips of me working with DeRozan in a PNO match. He let the CPU defend me in all these instances but the jumpshot foul- which is also cool to see.

https://streamable.com/yc0aw

Anyone else digging the face up game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #2
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
The Face Up Game Is Back

Your face up game ready huh?

Yeah this is easily the most jump-shot fouls that i've seen in a total cycle--and its only been a week. They're not as consistent as they could be but if you get hit they may call it. I'm really trippin' you REAL LIFE played the Knicks tho. Kudos to that guy...he's the real MVP
Old 09-10-2019, 07:23 PM   #3
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Face Up Game Is Back

Agreed 100%. I'm loving the chess match you can play with the CPU as for the first time that I can remember, the AI is reacting to movement rather than input.
If only basketball games were this in depth in the 90's and 2000's when there were more players with a midrange game.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 09-10-2019, 07:33 PM   #4
MVP

3304Life's Arena

OVR: 0

It’s great. 2K18 went too far one way with the blow by animations and most recent iterations have been too far the other with brick wall defense. Being able to break down your defender without triggering an ankle breaker animation is so satisfying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 07:48 PM   #5
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Your face up game ready huh?

Yeah this is easily the most jump-shot fouls that i've seen in a total cycle--and its only been a week. They're not as consistent as they could be but if you get hit they may call it. I'm really trippin' you REAL LIFE played the Knicks tho. Kudos to that guy...he's the real MVP
Some guy's don't care that much about winning, I respect it

but yeah bro, love that face up game...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 09-10-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 08:45 PM   #6
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
Agreed 100%. I'm loving the chess match you can play with the CPU as for the first time that I can remember, the AI is reacting to movement rather than input.

If only basketball games were this in depth in the 90's and 2000's when there were more players with a midrange game.

The one-on-one game is A1 this year. It’s beautiful that it’s not just - this move makes the defender do that move scenario.

Each fake, movement, cross, hesi, etc. leads to so many different outcomes and reactions. It’s refreshing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-10-2019, 09:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I think all of us can agree that the face up game has been hit or miss in the last couple of 2K's, but I am loving what you can do with it this year.

You can really use your creativity to throw off the computer (who now has realistic responses) or human opponents.

Here's a couple of clips of me working with DeRozan in a PNO match. He let the CPU defend me in all these instances but the jumpshot foul- which is also cool to see.

Are you on pc? Did i just face you with portland?

Someone i just faced had the LaMarcus Aldridge fade in the post on green light
Old 09-10-2019, 10:03 PM   #8
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Xbox or ps4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
Try to break dow Eric Bledsoe.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »