Home

First Patch and Roster Update

This is a discussion on First Patch and Roster Update within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2019, 05:53 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
First Patch and Roster Update

Does anyone remember when the first patch and roster update came out for 19? Was there a day 1 patch? Gameplay things aside there are a lot of things to fix, such as:

- Sometimes there are just no commentary lines during replays
- Is some kind of rookie bug back? Played a franchise game against the Sens, and they talked about Colin White's first ever NHL game
- When you edit a player, you always have to go all the way up to see the overall rating. Not the case in create a player
- Jersey numbers don't save properly: I changed Nic Petans number to 61, in game he wore 29
- Canucks new away jersey has the wrong logo (how can they mess up their "hometown" team?)
- They haven't update the Blackhawks new collar
- Lots of new gear missing, especially goalies
- They should finally fix some goal horns/songs. I'm not talking about the lack of authentic songs (this year Boston's gone as well...), but for example the Knights' song still kicks in before the horn even starts, which sounds stupid.

The list goes on and on... EA's attention to detail is just terrible, it seems like they just don't give a single ****.

And what about rosters? I know the first real update will come out after the season has started. But will there be one in the near future?

Last edited by Sauce12; 09-10-2019 at 08:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 09:58 AM   #2
MVP

Re: First Patch and Roster Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce12
Does anyone remember when the first patch and roster update came out for 19? Was there a day 1 patch? Gameplay things aside there are a lot of things to fix, such as:

- Is some kind of rookie bug back? Played a franchise game against the Sens, and they talked about Colin White's first ever NHL game
- When you edit a player, you always have to go all the way up to see the overall rating. Not the case in create a player
- Jersey numbers don't save properly: I changed Nic Petans number to 61, in game he wore 29
- Canucks new away jersey has the wrong logo (how can they mess up their "hometown" team?)
- They should finally fix some goal horns/songs. I'm not talking about the lack of authentic songs (this year Boston's gone as well...), but for example the Knights' song still kicks in before the horn even starts, which sounds stupid.

The list goes on and on... EA's attention to detail is just terrible, it seems like they just don't give a single ****.

And what about rosters? I know the first real update will come out after the season has started. But will there be one in the near future?
Last year one Roster update was 1 day before official release date on 13.Sep, next than at mid Okt. So if it’s the way like last year you can expect a Roster update at Thu 12. Sep., next than mid Okt. after the regular Season has started and new Players without having a licence would be added to the game when they have played minimum 1 game for an NHL Team. For more or lesser real Rosters for AHL Teams you need to wait mid to end of Nov. cause the new Players need to sign a kind of waiver contract. So expect earliest at end of Nov. a good Roster to start a new Franchise Dynasty. So the question for Franchise player only is ..... is it worth to buy the game earlier as end of November ? From my sight no.
About the first patch from last year did not remember.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:

-They should finally fix some goal horns/songs. I'm not talking about the lack of authentic songs (this year Boston's gone as well...), but for example the Knights' song still kicks in before the horn even starts, which sounds stupid.

The Bolded is one of the biggest gripes with EAs Hockey Game, it’s
A real shame that they name this Game an NHL Game without the real Horns /Songs.

Cancel the Soundtrack Songs and spend the money for real NHL goal horn and songs lisences...damn it’s an NHL Hockey Video Game!
Old 09-10-2019, 01:53 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetThePuckOut
The Bolded is one of the biggest gripes with EAs Hockey Game, it’s
A real shame that they name this Game an NHL Game without the real Horns /Songs.

Cancel the Soundtrack Songs and spend the money for real NHL goal horn and songs lisences...damn it’s an NHL Hockey Video Game!
They wouldn't have to spend any money on licenses if they just brought back custom music.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #5
Rookie

PhillyGuy11826's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
They wouldn't have to spend any money on licenses if they just brought back custom music.
The frustrating part of this is that they've giving us some bs reasons as to why this generation doesn't have this. From NHL 15-18 it was because the consoles didn't have the capability (neither had a media player at launch but both were added with system updates), now according to Rammer from a Q&A with those Swedish guys said some crap about copyright concerns. Which is just a bunch of nonsense. MLB The Show has had custom music in the last three iterations of their game

Just wait. NHL 21 will skip the next gen console launch to "get another year with the hardware" and NHL 22 will arrive as barebones as 15 did for the XB1 & PS4.

Last edited by PhillyGuy11826; 09-11-2019 at 11:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 03:31 PM   #6
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGuy11826
The frustrating part of this is that they've giving us some bs reasons as to why this generation doesn't have this. From NHL 15-18 it was because the consoles didn't have the capability (neither had a media player at launch but both were added with system updates), now according to Rammer from a Q&A with those Swedish guys said some crap about copyright concerns. Which is just a bunch of nonsense. MLB The Show has had custom music in the last three iterations of their game

Just wait. NHL 21 will skip the next gen console launch to "get another year with the hardware" and NHL 22 will arrive as barebones as 15 did for the XB1 & PS4.
Exactly. It's time the NHL license was handled elsewhere for gaming.

Until a serious competitor decides they want to gamble in a niche market - we're stuck.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:37 AM   #7
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. MLB The Show has had custom music on PS4 forever, so its definitely possible to bring this feature back on PS4/XB1. Custom music is one of the primary reasons why I still own and play NHL 14 on PS3.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:06 PM   #8
Rookie

BelfourThibault's Arena

OVR: 1

I’m hopeful for a roster update sooner than later just so it will push the Sabres 50 and new Canes jersey through, as well as the aforementioned Hawks update (even though they found a way to make the terrible collar worse). I’m not really holding my breath, just because I know they’ll probably wait until they can add the rookies after the season starts. The current/default roster is labeled “September 5th”.
NCAA- Notre Dame, Arizona State, and Mizzou

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »