Home

Difficulty Advice

This is a discussion on Difficulty Advice within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-07-2019, 09:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Difficulty Advice

I played competitively on Superstar last year, but am really struggling on that difficulty this year. 0-8 in games played, and I play with a solid team (Celtics).

I'd like to get fellow gamers' thoughts on this. Push through, or lower to All-Star (at least for the moment)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #2
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Difficulty Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPH2293
I played competitively on Superstar last year, but am really struggling on that difficulty this year. 0-8 in games played, and I play with a solid team (Celtics).

I'd like to get fellow gamers' thoughts on this. Push through, or lower to All-Star (at least for the moment)?
I'm struggling on Super as well. I'ts just a matter of shot timing though...I can't get a green or even a "slightly early/late" to save my life. Im reconciling the fact that my pushing 50 reflexes aint what they were, lol.

I have no problem dropping a level, tho. Its just a game and I don't play games to be frustrated. Life gives me enough of that already. I would go ahed and go don a level until it feels too easy.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:57 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

I have the same issue on All-Star. I am trying to push through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-08-2019, 03:01 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 4

Have this problem every year. All-star is too easy and superstar makes me scratch my head. Blow out the CPU by 20.

I always use either Kings or jazz. I can't hit anything on a consistent basis with any good shooters.

Game scoring is competitive but not with the offense I'm working on for open/good looks.
Old 09-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I have no problem dropping a level, tho. Its just a game and I don't play games to be frustrated. Life gives me enough of that already. I would go ahed and go don a level until it feels too easy.

I needed to see this. . I get so freakin frustrated at these games. I need to calm down and realize it’s just a game. It’s all good.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #6
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

I started off on All-Star, it was tough but I just recently upped the difficulty after I won a couple games convincingly.

Superstar is not friendly, I'm having a hard time hitting any of my jumpshots. Probably need to get into the shooting gym, and will most likely making shooting sliders stay at 50. Default Superstar sliders knock it down to 48 for the user and 52 for the CPU. I'll probably try a game with USER/CPU shooting sliders at 50.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:24 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
I started off on All-Star, it was tough but I just recently upped the difficulty after I won a couple games convincingly.

Superstar is not friendly, I'm having a hard time hitting any of my jumpshots. Probably need to get into the shooting gym, and will most likely making shooting sliders stay at 50. Default Superstar sliders knock it down to 48 for the user and 52 for the CPU. I'll probably try a game with USER/CPU shooting sliders at 50.

Did you practice?

Old 09-08-2019, 08:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Shooting is horrid past allstar.. and then you have to go back on defense and watch the cpu hit contested greens

It also doesn't help that tatum probably has the worst release in the game.. i actually shoot better with romeo Langford

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »