Home

[PS2] [NCAA 08/09] Specific questions about dynasty mode

This is a discussion on [PS2] [NCAA 08/09] Specific questions about dynasty mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-03-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
Rookie

StarzNBarz's Arena

OVR: 3
[PS2] [NCAA 08/09] Specific questions about dynasty mode

Not sure how many people still play this for ps2, but I know there's a lot of differences between the ps2 and ps3 versions. I'm talking strictly ps2

First question I have is about offseason recruiting. How come some players just never commit even after week 5? I know some players have a DNQ in their interest bar and it gets grayed out, but I know what that means and why they can't play. However, some player's interest bar is full but they never end up committing and just stay there until you advance. Is it meant to emulate a player who just loses interest in sports and doesn't want to play college football? Or is there no explainable reason? I've lost a lot of 3 star recruits because of this. Also as a side question when I find the correct pitch and it shows a green plus sign should I continue to use that pitch in the following weeks or will the player get annoyed? Like "ok I get it, stop telling me about your coaching style you've spent 60 hours on it." lol

Second question I have is about simulating games in regards to stats. So, I don't play any of the games I strictly sim them. Does the coaching strategy you choose play a part in the way the stats come out, because I haven't noticed any difference whether I set the strategy to "option run" or "west coast." My QB has an identical stat line after simming a game in regards to rushing and passing yards every time no matter what the play book or strategy is.

Final question is about the results of the sim (wins and losses.) This might end up in a rant because I got pretty angry earlier today lol. I don't get how I'm consistently ending up 5-7, 4-8, or 6-6 when my teams ratings are A Overall, A- Offense, A defense. And a lot of these games are blowout losses too. I have a 99 rated QB, 90-95 rated defenders, solid offensive line, 90 rated RB, etc. but I lost 42-12 in a bowl game against 5-7 Utah state who's team ratings were D+ D+ D+. There's no way with the talent I have on my team we shouldn't be ranked in the top 10 but we lose games to much inferior opponents on a regular basis. Does this tie into the previous question of the coaching strategy that you select? Is there like a hidden team chemistry rating that effects the way the players perform? It just doesn't make much sense to me

Last edited by StarzNBarz; 09-03-2019 at 11:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2019, 11:10 PM   #2
Rookie

StarzNBarz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: [PS2] [NCAA 08/09] Specific questions about dynasty mode

I made this post after playing 08, I didn't try 09. I thought 08 and 09 were basically the same so that's why I put 08/09 in the title. I just ran a test sim on 09 with 80/20 pass to run ratio and then another one with 80/20 run to pass ratio and the stats came out pretty different. I guess 08 and 09's sim engines aren't the same. So that answers the second question. Once I start a real dynasty and get through 10-15 years hopefully I'll have an answer to question 3. Still don't know what's up with question 1 though

Last edited by StarzNBarz; 09-03-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

DNQ stands for "did not qualify" and it means the players didn't academically qualify. It's the game creating an in-universe reason for the players not picking a school if their meter hasn't been maxed out or the pitches haven't been met. I'm not sure whether or not they become JUCO prospects.

Green plus means key in on that pitch. That's the one they like, that's the one that will get you a commit.

I highly recommend going to GameFaqs and looking at the 07 recruiting guide. Most of it is the same up to 09 except for the promises and the fact that there are less blue chips in the later PS2 versions of the game.

Also, I'm not sure about 09 or 11, but promises were broken in 10 so beware of them.
Old 09-07-2019, 12:49 AM   #4
Rookie

If I remeber correctly, the ps2 versions from 07-09 had a problem with sim stats, where your team ended up using whatever playbook/coaching philosophy the opposing team was using. It only happened with sims though.

It was very frustrating to have your QB run a lot when you were playing an option team.
Old 09-07-2019, 10:13 PM   #5
Rookie

Promises were broken on 2011 too. It was fine if you kept them all until you broke one then that guy would transfer and that same promise would be made to a random player at a different position. So suddenly your qb would demand starts at running back and if you didn’t start him there he would transfer too.

I ended up not making any promises in order to control my programs attrition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2019, 02:02 PM   #6
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyGuy
If I remeber correctly, the ps2 versions from 07-09 had a problem with sim stats, where your team ended up using whatever playbook/coaching philosophy the opposing team was using. It only happened with sims though.

It was very frustrating to have your QB run a lot when you were playing an option team.
Actually I think the sim stat issue with either 07 or 08, or both. I'll try and find the thread where this coach/sim guy went into great detail.

Check this thread https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ying-well.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »