Home

Is Madden 20 PC a buggy mess for anyone else?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 20 PC a buggy mess for anyone else? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2019, 05:29 PM   #1
Rookie

BombshellRocks's Arena

OVR: 3
Is Madden 20 PC a buggy mess for anyone else?

Have been interested in the ability to play with mods in Madden so I decided to order it on Origin yesterday. By the end of the night, I had already refunded it back due it being nearly unplayable. Issues I encountered were:

- Playing on 4k LG OLED, game had to be put in to compatibility mode to get the correct scaling to even get past opening EA disclaimer.

- After fixing the scaling issue and restarting, game would hit the splash screen and then crash. Had to get Origin's Beta launcher to get the game to work. After that, game would always start windowed and with screwy HDR until clicking on screen and maximizing picture (not a big deal).

- Missing visual graphics for kicking meter. The meter was just gone. Kicking meter actually showed up one time in game but the next kickoff it was gone.

- Missing visual graphics for on field routes/defensive assignments. Occasionally these were there but 90% of the time these didn't show up either.

- Stuttering full screen presentation graphics.

I haven't seen others on here mentioning these issues in my search but is this a common experience with Madden on PC? I've got a 1080Ti, Ryzen 3600x, w/ 16gb of 3200 RAM, so running this game shouldn't be an issue.

Contemplating just getting the console version but wanted to see if you guys had any ideas on why I might be seeing these issues.

Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 05:45 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Is Madden 20 PC a buggy mess for anyone else?

Answers in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombshellRocks
Have been interested in the ability to play with mods in Madden so I decided to order it on Origin yesterday. By the end of the night, I had already refunded it back due it being nearly unplayable. Issues I encountered were:

- Playing on 4k LG OLED, game had to be put in to compatibility mode to get the correct scaling to even get past opening EA disclaimer.

I have a 4k LG Oled and dont have those issues at all. I have an Nvidia card so maybe thats the reason.

- After fixing the scaling issue and restarting, game would hit the splash screen and then crash. Had to get Origin's Beta launcher to get the game to work. After that, game would always start windowed and with screwy HDR until clicking on screen and maximizing picture (not a big deal).

- Missing visual graphics for kicking meter. The meter was just gone. Kicking meter actually showed up one time in game but the next kickoff it was gone.

- Missing visual graphics for on field routes/defensive assignments. Occasionally these were there but 90% of the time these didn't show up either.

The missing graphics are because you MXAA in your in game graphics settings. Its a known bug and there are a few threads here that show you how to fix it.

- Stuttering full screen presentation graphics.

Try lowering the crowd quality or locking the FPS. that stopped the stuttering for me.

I haven't seen others on here mentioning these issues in my search but is this a common experience with Madden on PC? I've got a 1080Ti, Ryzen 3600x, w/ 16gb of 3200 RAM, so running this game shouldn't be an issue.

Contemplating just getting the console version but wanted to see if you guys had any ideas on why I might be seeing these issues.

Cheers!
Old 08-05-2019, 06:13 PM   #3
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Have you played other games on your LG OLED? Did you set up the TV Input profile for PC and did you set the right resolution and such in windows? Are you running the latest NVidia drivers that were optimized for Madden?

Like the last poster said there are a couple threads in the Madden PC section of this forum talking about the bug with MSAA 2x and 4x making the kick meter and route graphics disappear and how to get around that.

I have an LG OLED65E7P, I have not tried Madden 20 on it yet but I did play Madden 19 on it and had no issues once I got it setup right for HDMI PC input.

I have not any any bugs at all with Madden 20 other than the MSAA one the game runs great, hasn't crashed 1 or done any of the funky stuff like some are saying where it wont launch and so on. I had that problem in Madden 19 PC and it turned out to be graphics driver issue, just had to update them to the right version. AMD also recently updated their Motherboard chipset drivers as I see you have a AMD CPU.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:25 PM   #4
Rookie

BombshellRocks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Have you played other games on your LG OLED? Did you set up the TV Input profile for PC and did you set the right resolution and such in windows? Are you running the latest NVidia drivers that were optimized for Madden?

Like the last poster said there are a couple threads in the Madden PC section of this forum talking about the bug with MSAA 2x and 4x making the kick meter and route graphics disappear and how to get around that.

I have an LG OLED65E7P, I have not tried Madden 20 on it yet but I did play Madden 19 on it and had no issues once I got it setup right for HDMI PC input.

I have not any any bugs at all with Madden 20 other than the MSAA one the game runs great, hasn't crashed 1 or done any of the funky stuff like some are saying where it wont launch and so on. I had that problem in Madden 19 PC and it turned out to be graphics driver issue, just had to update them to the right version. AMD also recently updated their Motherboard chipset drivers as I see you have a AMD CPU.
Thanks guys. I actually started delving into a couple other threads after I posted this and found the fix for the MSAA issue, which my biggest concern and made me doubt the polish & playability of the PC port.

Besides that though, I'm fully updated on chipset and graphics drivers and have played a number of games on the TV. One thing I haven't done is the TV input profile to PC, I didn't even know that was a thing. I've got a 65C6 and have it set to HDR game though. *EDIT* After checking what you were referring to, yes, I actually do have this profile set up.

Honestly, I got anxious with EA's return policy so I jumped ship since I ran out of time to do more troubleshooting before the 24 hour return window. I think I feel ok about giving this version another shot.

Last edited by BombshellRocks; 08-05-2019 at 06:29 PM. Reason: update
Old 08-07-2019, 12:22 PM   #5
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Been having really bad audio stuttering since day 1 and have seen zero improvement. Madden 19 ran fine for me. I think it's tied to crowd and on the field audio integration somehow. The only solution I know about disappearing meters and play art is to change AA to FXAA. Is there a solution that allows you to use msaa? I'm on the verge of asking for a refund
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2019, 03:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yea the audio stutter for me is apparent I also crashed to desktop for the first time yesterday and the graphics glitch with the play art etc is well known and there are a few solutions around these boards although I wish it just worked properly...
Old 08-08-2019, 02:52 PM   #7
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

I have not had any audio issues. I am running DX12 and have a Sound Blaster AE-5. It would be nice if the MSAA bug was fixed but at least the work around for it is just a one time setup and then not worry about it again unless you reinstall a fresh install of graphics drivers. The game did lock up on me one time with a sound repeating over and over but that was like the first couple days of release and there have been several patches since then so not sure if it was fixed or I just been lucky to not lock up again since.

Last edited by SGMRock; 08-08-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #8
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Been having really bad audio stuttering since day 1 and have seen zero improvement. Madden 19 ran fine for me. I think it's tied to crowd and on the field audio integration somehow. The only solution I know about disappearing meters and play art is to change AA to FXAA. Is there a solution that allows you to use msaa? I'm on the verge of asking for a refund
Set up AA in your GPU settings instead of using the in-game settings. This will work much better than the FXAA setting in the game without the glitches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »