Home

Hidden Dev. Trait Never Revealed

This is a discussion on Hidden Dev. Trait Never Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-02-2019, 09:52 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Hidden Dev. Trait Never Revealed

Rock Ya-Sin has a hidden development trait in my Colts Franchise Mode but his 500 snap count keeps resetting and is not revealing.

I'm in Week 10 now and it's at 7. Its been at 0 a couple of times that I've checked, and was at 9 last time.

Has anybody else experienced this or know of a way to work around it? Edit Player already says he is Star and doesn't have a way to remove Hidden from what I can tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2019, 10:28 AM   #2
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Hidden Dev. Trait Never Revealed

Its a database bug in the Franchise save, I was able to fix it by using the Franchise editor for PC created by this awesome person:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-progress.html

If your are playing on console I think you are screwed until the devs fix this though unfortunately.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:55 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, my QB reached 500 only playing 300 snaps. Fast forward my RB who is at 710 has 0 snaps
Old 08-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #4
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

On the PC Franchise saves there is a table 154 - RookieStatTracker

It tracks how many downs played but that Player ID number that connects back to the player in the 133 Players table.

The problem is I'm seeing is in table 154 there are multiple copies of some of the same players with different number counts counts on downs played. One of my players for instance had 3 entries two with 0 downs played and one with 380, the ones with Zero seemed to override the 380 one so I used the PC franchise editor I linked above to change all 3 entries to 500 and that made the play in my franchise save end up being completed and revealed them as a Star level development player.

Since this bug was killing me and probably affecting all the CPU teams as well I just went ahead and put them all to 500 downs played, so all the players would be done with this and move on :P
Old 08-02-2019, 12:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Tbjohnson2's Arena

Just wondering as I have not been able to check...is there a way to not use the “Fog of War” for rookies but still use the X-Factors...or are they tied together? I was really excited to use the Fog of War, but with it not working properly...seems like it isn’t worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2019, 01:36 PM   #6
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Not defending the bug by any means but I think there should be variance in the reveal so that it would mirror real life more. Coaches have no idea what a players true dev is and have to decide at what point they give up on a prospect. Some players that are released might turn into Superstars for others teams, etc. Once the bug is worked out, they should hide the snap count required to reveal the dev trait.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:05 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosa
Not defending the bug by any means but I think there should be variance in the reveal so that it would mirror real life more. Coaches have no idea what a players true dev is and have to decide at what point they give up on a prospect. Some players that are released might turn into Superstars for others teams, etc. Once the bug is worked out, they should hide the snap count required to reveal the dev trait.
I like this idea. Would be awesome if they could unlock their traits more quickly based on better performances too but I'm not sure if that would get too complex.

Does es anyone know if players accrue XP at the rate of the trait that is hidden, or just at a normal rate until their trait is revealed? I.e. Whilst Ya-Sin's remains hidden, is he progressing at Star or Normal?
Old 08-02-2019, 02:24 PM   #8
Rookie

StoneWallace17's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I like this idea. Would be awesome if they could unlock their traits more quickly based on better performances too but I'm not sure if that would get too complex.

Does es anyone know if players accrue XP at the rate of the trait that is hidden, or just at a normal rate until their trait is revealed? I.e. Whilst Ya-Sin's remains hidden, is he progressing at Star or Normal?
Game XP I'm not sure, but in practice it seems to be progressing at Normal. I've got Juan Thornhill (hidden Star) earning the same XP as Khalen Saunders (normal)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »