Home

Edit draft class at the end of pre-season......

This is a discussion on Edit draft class at the end of pre-season...... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-30-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Edit draft class at the end of pre-season......

The devs really need to make the draft class available directly after the pre-season in order for players to make edits to the players and have the draft stories match as the regular plays on. Also, after selecting "Edit Players", they should block the ratings when viewing the draft roster in edit mode and that the ratings can only be seen once you actually go into editing a player. Once again, this is only to edit a draft class or upload a created draft roster at the end of the pre-season. The scouting portion would still be for week 3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Edit draft class at the end of pre-season......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkill1sf
The devs really need to make the draft class available directly after the pre-season in order for players to make edits to the players and have the draft stories match as the regular plays on. Also, after selecting "Edit Players", they should block the ratings when viewing the draft roster in edit mode and that the ratings can only be seen once you actually go into editing a player. Once again, this is only to edit a draft class or upload a created draft roster at the end of the pre-season. The scouting portion would still be for week 3.

I like that idea but the only issue is if you edit/import, the stories stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-30-2019, 02:44 PM   #3
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Totally want this, I do not wanna see ratings on the main editing..... Let me change players names and things without knowing their ratings !

Old 07-30-2019, 03:01 PM   #4
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmellor780

This is huge wish I realized this sooner! I always assumed it was a bug.

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 07-30-2019, 04:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmellor780

Well, that is an issue that these devs should be able to easily fix. This idea is very easy to do and makes perfect sense. They should be able to script the draft stories after you start the regular season and your edited player names should show up. Like I said before, we are only getting the ability to have the draft class come up and allow us to edit the players or upload our draft. Once you begin the regular season, the draft stories should populate using the edited data if selected.

The devs didn't quite listen to the community on editing a draft class because they went well beyond what we wanted them to do. We only wanted to edit names and appearance. That's it! We didn't want to see or the touch ratings (we can do that later) because we wanted to keep the unknown alive and well at the draft. They are also not realizing that a good number of us still play NCAA 14 and create draft rosters based off draft classes from that game.

I've made saves at the Players Leaving screen in NCAA 14 for each year that I finish a season. I have it running on one monitor and I got Madden on the other. I simply go through each position creating the top projected players from my NCAA game. It is my way of keeping the NCAA game alive and it is still an awesome football game after all these years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 04:37 PM   #6
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

i don't agree here at all, maybe have an option for you guys. i want to see everything from a macro level when creating a class in the editor.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:19 PM   #7
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Well, that is an issue that these devs should be able to easily fix. This idea is very easy to do and makes perfect sense. They should be able to script the draft stories after you start the regular season and your edited player names should show up. Like I said before, we are only getting the ability to have the draft class come up and allow us to edit the players or upload our draft. Once you begin the regular season, the draft stories should populate using the edited data if selected.

The devs didn't quite listen to the community on editing a draft class because they went well beyond what we wanted them to do. We only wanted to edit names and appearance. That's it! We didn't want to see or the touch ratings (we can do that later) because we wanted to keep the unknown alive and well at the draft. They are also not realizing that a good number of us still play NCAA 14 and create draft rosters based off draft classes from that game.

I've made saves at the Players Leaving screen in NCAA 14 for each year that I finish a season. I have it running on one monitor and I got Madden on the other. I simply go through each position creating the top projected players from my NCAA game. It is my way of keeping the NCAA game alive and it is still an awesome football game after all these years.
Why do we assume everything is easy? I'm not against what you want but we have to stop assuming things are easy, because we really don't know.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2019, 05:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:

I see your point but I personally enjoy playing realistically so if I create Tua, I actually do want to edit his ratings and if EA catches a bug and the ratings in one particular are too low or high, it helps to fix it versus waiting for a patch.

I honestly only pay attention to stories for the tells on ratings. I think it the stories would actually be better suited to be incorporated in the scenario engine so they can be updated over time but that is likely a headache since the players aren't actually in the game yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »