Home

Madden 20 Player Ratings: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Player Ratings: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-25-2019, 02:09 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden 20 Player Ratings: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Last week, EA released their player ratings for Madden 20. And much like we have come...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 02:17 PM   #2
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 20 Player Ratings: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Nobody has more yards in a single season than Kittle at TE. Give the man some love EA.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Overall, I am fine with the ratings. I look forward to seeing how the ratings change throughout the season.

I enjoy individual statistics. I feel the individual statistics do not always tell the tale. For example, if a CB gets 7 interceptions, was that against Tom Brady or Brock Osweiler? It makes a difference.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:29 PM   #4
Rookie

RoyalKrimpet's Arena

I want to know how the heck is Jurrell Casey just an 86, he has made the last 4 Pro Bowls and has been consistently one of the best Defensive Players in football. Yeah he is not a JJ Watt level Sack Artist but he has been just as effective with QB Pressures. Not alot of O-Lineman can deal with his strength and he is deceptively quick for a 300 Pounder. IMO he should be the Titans' Best Player, not their 3rd.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

See I'm on the other end of this, I don't like Mahommes up at 97, Did he have one great year sure, but it needs to be backed up. Sure he can have great attributes like THP, RUN, TUP etc, which he excelled at last season, but perhaps we keep his AWR down, or some of his accuracy (66% completions was 16th in the league last season). This comes paired to Leonard in my opinion, if you are going to give one guy with a season of starting a fantastic rating, you must give another guy who had a dominating season the same. Both should be in the upper80s, lower 90s around where Barkley's ratings are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 05:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Pretty big Eagles fan, so I’m sure I’m biased, but there are a few ratings that I think are a bit off. I have a 15-20 or so players that could be 1-3 points higher and 10-15 that could be a few points lower. That’s all pretty subjective though. There is one rating that I would put in the pretty objectively “ugly” category though.

Eagles TE Will Tye is listed as a 74 overall, but he’s pretty solidly 5th out of 5 tight ends on the roster. (Behind Ertz, Goedert, Rodgers, and Paul Perkins - who the Eagles promoted from the practice squad over Tye last year). So he’s clearly well behind Perkins (who’s a 71, which is also a bit generous imo) on the depth chart. Tye should be more like a 64, a full 10 points lower than his current rating. I’m not even sure if he’ll make the practice squad, yet that 74 rating is approaching low-caliber starter territory.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:53 PM   #7
Rookie

The corners are rated waaayyyy too high. *I hadn't realized this until checking the ratings after a couple games where no one could get open or make contested catches. *There are like 25 corners rated in the high 80s, making them shutdown corners on All-Pro, and Xavien Howard isn't even one of them. *I *gave him some love and dropped a whole *bunch of corners from elite status, and the game has opened up some along with a couple slider adjustments. *
Old 07-26-2019, 08:35 AM   #8
Pro

Well, not everyone can be a 99

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »