Home

Equipment. Needs fixing

This is a discussion on Equipment. Needs fixing within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-11-2019, 07:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Equipment. Needs fixing

Aside from people having frustrations about not having online franchise or with hitting, mine is with equipment. I'll start off with saying the equipment selection and accuracy in this game is fine. Not bad but not great at the same time. They are missing some popular equipment that players use (Nike Force Edge, Franklin CFX non chrome, Under Armour Epic batting gloves, Nike catching equipment, Jordan brand cleats, 44 Pro Guards elbow and leg guards, Belgard elbow and leg guards). I'm sure there's more equipment that SHOULD be in the game that I can't think of off the top of my head.

I think something they need to think of for MLB The Show 20 is adding equipment throughout the year. For example, Mike Trout just released some new cleats. There's even some different color variations of this cleat that were used in the All-Star game (pictures below). I think it would be a good idea to even use stubs to unlock these items since not everyone is a DD fanatic. Release different cleat packs, bat packs, glove packs, etc to unlock with stubs throughout the year that can be used in franchise mode, diamond dynasty, play now mode, etc. Keeps things fresh and adds authenticity to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Equipment. Needs fixing

Great idea, but I doubt they will ever do this.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #3
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

They’ll have to do this eventually, one would think. Probably not until next gen, when they hopefully rewrite all of the code for player models and uniforms etc.

Most other sports games offer downloadable updates for shoes, uniforms, equipment and the likes. And from a design standpoint, putting together new shoes doesn’t take much, except with this game their files for all things art related are apparently huge. So their hands are tied until they rework how their system handles these things.

I’d imagine at some point they’ll have all uniforms and special event gear for holidays and such. It just hopefully comes sooner than later.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #4
Bacon's Fictional Roster

bacon96's Arena

A good sign pointing in the right direction is that they added equipment this year already. The 4th of July bat and batting gloves were both added late into the baseball season. However, they've also consistently replaced equipment from year to year instead of adding so that is my place of concern.

Join my Discord Server!

#BaseballisBetter
Old 07-18-2019, 07:23 PM   #5
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

I'm just hoping we finally get a home/road option on equipment. The PS2 versions of Madden had different equipment based on turf or grass. I know we're talking about different developers but still, it shouldn't be hard to incorporate.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 01:08 PM   #6
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
I'm just hoping we finally get a home/road option on equipment. The PS2 versions of Madden had different equipment based on turf or grass. I know we're talking about different developers but still, it shouldn't be hard to incorporate.
Technically we already have that with using TC3... I believe it works on everything but cleats.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:32 PM   #7
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

Would be neat to add all of those packages, and taking a page from 2k’s book, make them part of sponsorships in Rtts. They did a sponsorship mechanic in franchise(altho shallow and rather pointless) so it’s not a stretch to think they could add it into rtts or even DD. Upgrading cards with equipment would be similar to training cards in other ultimate team modes
Old 07-22-2019, 11:57 PM   #8
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode2013
Would be neat to add all of those packages, and taking a page from 2k’s book, make them part of sponsorships in Rtts. They did a sponsorship mechanic in franchise(altho shallow and rather pointless) so it’s not a stretch to think they could add it into rtts or even DD. Upgrading cards with equipment would be similar to training cards in other ultimate team modes

I’ve been saying this for awhile. It makes no sense to have all diamond equipment on your RTTS character if it means you’re going to have different brands.

Not being able to have diamond shin guard/chest protector because one is all star and another is Wilson is stupid. Same with Nike elbow guard and evo shield shin guard.

In real life that would never happen. You sign a contract with a brand you only wear that brand.

In RTTS you should either be offered contracts or earn them through post game rewards/market/packs

Mets 2019

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »