Home

Straight punch —> over/under clinch entry

This is a discussion on Straight punch —> over/under clinch entry within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-13-2019, 05:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Straight punch —> over/under clinch entry

This is literally the most underrated tactic in the entire game. You can literally grind with this entry for an entire match and break someone. Even if they deny them, you completely shut down their ability to strike comfortably because they’re always worried about the clinch entry off the 2.

And you don’t have to be conservative with them either. It’s not like with shots, where two consecutive fails is gonna have a significant detrimental impact on you. I hate to use the word spam... but you can almost spam these entries.

Sometimes you can even just pop one off naked (or after some random strike like a hook or something), but generally you should lead with a 2. Just seems to make the entry smoother and faster. And it doesn’t even need to be a forward moving 2... it can be stationary or side moving. I like to hold block, then suddenly throw a lateral two and instant over/under entry.

And again, a denial (however unlikely it is) isn’t the end of the world. I mean you probably won’t be getting denied unless your opponent is Jigsaw or someone like that, who’s surgically implanted a carrot into their buttocks in order to increase reaction time. But even if they do deny, it’s all good. Just reset, throw a couple punches, and try again.

Sometimes clinching off the 2 can become predictable, so you can remedy this by trying some of the following examples:

- One two, don’t clinch. One, head movement, disengage. One, brief pause... two clinch (mix up timing, basically).

- Randomly stand still and block some strikes, then clinch.

- Randomly stand still and use some head movement, fake a TD then clinch.

- Fake a straight punch, block for a second, clinch

- Etc, Etc, Brotherman
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 05:53 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Straight punch —> over/under clinch entry

Shhh that’s my go-to when I wanna break someone’s rhythym

I also love throwing 2-3 clinch once they start trying to deny after the 2.

I also stole your opposite stance single collar entry if someone thinks they can safely pressure me all day.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Awesome. I was always thinking what this game was missing was the constant over-under clinch stalling of UFC2. It's a really great position, you can choose between 3 moves that are hopelessly slow (du, takedown, break) and one that doesn't accomplish anything (single).
Old 06-13-2019, 08:08 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Grappler
This is literally the most underrated tactic in the entire game. You can literally grind with this entry for an entire match and break someone. Even if they deny them, you completely shut down their ability to strike comfortably because they’re always worried about the clinch entry off the 2.

And you don’t have to be conservative with them either. It’s not like with shots, where two consecutive fails is gonna have a significant detrimental impact on you. I hate to use the word spam... but you can almost spam these entries.

Sometimes you can even just pop one off naked (or after some random strike like a hook or something), but generally you should lead with a 2. Just seems to make the entry smoother and faster. And it doesn’t even need to be a forward moving 2... it can be stationary or side moving. I like to hold block, then suddenly throw a lateral two and instant over/under entry.

And again, a denial (however unlikely it is) isn’t the end of the world. I mean you probably won’t be getting denied unless your opponent is Jigsaw or someone like that, who’s surgically implanted a carrot into their buttocks in order to increase reaction time. But even if they do deny, it’s all good. Just reset, throw a couple punches, and try again.

Sometimes clinching off the 2 can become predictable, so you can remedy this by trying some of the following examples:

- One two, don’t clinch. One, head movement, disengage. One, brief pause... two clinch (mix up timing, basically).

- Randomly stand still and block some strikes, then clinch.

- Randomly stand still and use some head movement, fake a TD then clinch.

- Fake a straight punch, block for a second, clinch

- Etc, Etc, Brotherman
Almost gave me cancer this tactic kkk
Old 06-13-2019, 09:50 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
Shhh that’s my go-to when I wanna break someone’s rhythym

I also love throwing 2-3 clinch once they start trying to deny after the 2.

I also stole your opposite stance single collar entry if someone thinks they can safely pressure me all day.
Yeeeeeah this guy knows what’s up. Opposite stance single collar, 2–>overunders with mixed up rhythms... man if you stay persistent there’s not a man, woman, child, or zebra alive that can stop you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 10:59 PM   #6
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

Really cool stuff /s

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports
Old 06-14-2019, 06:18 AM   #7
MVP