Home

Chicago Cubs 2019

This is a discussion on Chicago Cubs 2019 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-09-2019, 02:22 AM   #1
Pro

Figment's Arena

OVR: 11
Chicago Cubs 2019

Haven't had a Cubs forum in a couple years so I figured I'd start one.

Use this to discuss anything Cubs like batting stances, pitching motions, player ratings, player CAPs, etc.

I just uploaded an updated Cubs version of Ridin's post draft Full Minors roster. I did a lot of research to try and get what I determined to be the best roster for Franchise mode I can make. I am missing one main player from my roster (SS Luis Vazquez AAA) as I cannot find him in other roster files or in the player vault, if you know where to find him please post here so I can add him.

Let's not turn this in to an advertisement for my roster and just discuss all things Cubs that need discussion.

Go Cubs Go!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2019, 02:24 AM   #2
Pro

Figment's Arena

Re: Chicago Cubs 2019

Also, I'm trying to find an Ethan Hearn CAP before I start my franchise. He was the 6th round pick by the Cubs last week, but he was the highest rated High School catcher in the draft and has already signed. If anybody has seen one or can make one I would appreciate it.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment
Also, I'm trying to find an Ethan Hearn CAP before I start my franchise. He was the 6th round pick by the Cubs last week, but he was the highest rated High School catcher in the draft and has already signed. If anybody has seen one or can make one I would appreciate it.
You find any of the Cubs Draft Picks u we’re looking for, I was kinda looking for some of there later pics after Hearn and some international free agent signings.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:24 AM   #4
Rookie

sacbillsfan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsMixerman
You find any of the Cubs Draft Picks u we’re looking for, I was kinda looking for some of there later pics after Hearn and some international free agent signings.
Boomersooner4_ou made some good ones. He made Hearn, Jensen and McAvene.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:13 PM   #5
Pro

Figment's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsMixerman

Yes, boomersooner4_ou made a few of them and I found some more today in a roster file called “Franchise Roster” by PSN R-a-c-I-n-e that even includes a couple international free agent signings as well as low end prospects like Christopher Morel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2019, 05:28 PM   #6
Pro

Figment's Arena

With the trade deadline coming up I am expecting a new Full Minors roster to be released just like in previous years. While I usually love the rosters I am always left with little things I want changed for the Cubs so I usually spend a couple days editing the Cubs to get them "perfect" for my own franchise and this time I want to share and take input from other Cubs.

I usually make a handful of edits, but nothing that usually significantly changes the players on the MLB roster, it's usually focused on getting the lower levels right. I have my own criteria for who should be one of the 90 man players and who should not and I edit the rosters to include these players.

Players included on the roster in order of priority are:
1) Current MLB players
2) 40-Man Roster players (Including IL and Restricted List)
3) AAA players (who have played this season)
4) Top-10 Prospects
5a) AA Players (Who have played this season)
5b) Remaining Top-20 Prospects
5c) Injured AAA and AA players who have not played this season

My Top-20 (Plus 1) Prospect list is an average of currently 4 recent top prospect lists (MLB Pipeline, Baseball America, Prospects Live, and Prospects 1500). As more prospect lists are added I continue to update and the rankings may change. It is currently:

1) SS Nico Hoerner
2) OF Brennen Davis
3) C Miguel Amaya
4) LHP Brailyn Marquez
5) RHP Adbert Alzolay
6) OF Cole Roederer
7) 2B Chase Strumpf
8) RHP Ryan Jensen
9) RHP Tyson Miller
10) SS Zack Short
11) RHP Riley Thompson
12) LHP Justin Steele
13) C Ethan Hearn
14) SS Aramis Ademan
15) RHP Paul Richan
16) 3B Christopher Morel
17) RHP Corey Abbott
18) RHP Richard Gallardo
19) RHP Alex Lange
20) OF Nelson Velazquez
21) LHP Brendon Little

Attached below is my working roster. I currently have 43 hitters and 43 pitchers on the roster leaving room for 2 more of each. The "Extra" list at the bottom are the players I am considering for the roster. I would like to hear your opinions are who should be included or excluded as I would like this next roster I do to be for all of us Cubs fans. Looking forward to your input.

Note: Players listed in Red Letters are on the 60 day IL or Restricted List. Most have not played this season except Ben Zobrist, Keegan Thompson, and Tony Barnette
Attached Images
File Type: png Cubs 20190727.png (525.6 KB, 35 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »