Home

OS stock investing thread

This is a discussion on OS stock investing thread within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-04-2019, 01:39 PM   #1
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
OS stock investing thread

So I thought I'd start a thread on this, not so much to highlight actual stocks because there are plenty of sites for that, but more meta changes that might affect entire industries. For example the latest issue with China and rare earth metals, has catalyzed an interest in non-chinese rare earth metals. Right now the business of Cannabis is a huge thing obviously and that is what my company focuses on the most.

But to kick it off, I did an interview with Enthusiast Gaming who happens to own Operation Sports! I had no idea and took on the interview because I'm a gamer. It's very long, and illustrates why it's hard for the average joe to understand Esports in general because it's complicated and not so straight-forward. It's growing in popularity in NA, is huge in Asia, but there are very few companies who are making any kind of $. So here is a look at the interview - I don't normally do them as I'm executive producer and not really a 'host' but will probably do companies who are gaming-centric at least some of the time.

https://midasletter.com/2019/06/enth...ouver-canucks/

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Re: OS stock investing thread

Beyond meat - this was a crazy ipo and now the thoughts of an asian expansion are sustaining the hype:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/07/beyo...jh4gX1NSgJwV08

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/07/beyo...jh4gX1NSgJwV08

The thing I'm thinking about though is this; why aren't there other players emerging and also, wouldn't a chinese company come-up with something similar instead of just allowing beyond to dominate the entire market.

From what I understand these things are also pretty unhealthy - I really didn't think this would end up being such a big deal....
Old 06-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #3
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

Speaking of Beyond Meat it's coming back down to Earth today. Currently down 21%. Chinese company will do it once they can rip off BYND's IP. They seem as healthy/unhealthy as a burger made from 80/20 beef.

I've traded individual stocks for a few years. It's really a gamble that I've throw a couple thousand bucks into. I sucked for a while. Even in a huge bear market I managed to break even or lose money, but over the last year I'm up about 80% as I've gotten lucky with a few stocks that have gone to the moon.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:45 PM   #4
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Speaking of Beyond Meat it's coming back down to Earth today. Currently down 21%. Chinese company will do it once they can rip off BYND's IP. They seem as healthy/unhealthy as a burger made from 80/20 beef.

I've traded individual stocks for a few years. It's really a gamble that I've throw a couple thousand bucks into. I sucked for a while. Even in a huge bear market I managed to break even or lose money, but over the last year I'm up about 80% as I've gotten lucky with a few stocks that have gone to the moon.
yes, and in 2017 in particular that was the cannabis space. Actually bitcoin and blockchain as well - but blockchain co's really started to plummet badly in 2018 and now they are almost irrelevant as it relates to crypto at least.

What general market treated you well?

One thing that is inevitable to me is battery metals, but because the money is currently so heavily invested elsewhere (cannabis) they aren't catching on yet. Think about this; India has stated it will be 100% electric vehicles by 2030 (I think) ...well where is all that lithium and copper going to come from, because it's not just sitting there waiting to be used!
Old 06-11-2019, 05:03 PM   #5
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Thanks for posting, just subscribed to your channel. Definitely interested in learning more about the cannibus companies you’re posting about as a bill passed earlier this year here in the Philippines to approve medical marijuana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #6
All Star

allBthere's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinDaMike
Thanks for posting, just subscribed to your channel. Definitely interested in learning more about the cannibus companies you’re posting about as a bill passed earlier this year here in the Philippines to approve medical marijuana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow, I didn't know that - the population of the Philippines looks to be about 105 million ! I didn't know that either and they don't have any local supply. The bigger companies must be sniffing around there, although there hasn't been a major press release regarding a large Asian footprint yet, so far Europe and South America have dominated international headlines.

I read this article:
https://mjbizdaily.com/philippines-m...s-not-law-yet/

But it says discussions would resume in May, I wonder where we are at now?

Many of the better companies are "EU GMP" compliant which allows for export for medical purposes. Asia is not the EU, but I believe they accept this sort of gold standard.

Vietnam I didn't realize it was over 90 million in population as well. If more of these asian countries start opening the door - that is a boat load of people! My only question would be about the economics of buying and supporting those products locally to which I know almost zero about. So for example in Canada or many other countires you could have 100s of thousands of medical patients easily - but is that realistic over there?

Asia is interesting to me because China is so conservative, that I doubt they legalize it and therefore won't grow it. IF they did, they could easily dominate the global supply and have a billion square foot facility up and running tomorrow. But as it stands now, the big publicly traded cannabis co's have a huge opportunity in Asia to move in and become the suppliers and make deals with those governments.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #7
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

Yeah I’m keeping a close eye on it as it will definitely be a business I’ll be involved in the future.

I believe Thailand will be first to act and really be head on in the industry in SE Asia like they did with the auto industry.

Once that happens it will set off a trend in Southeast Asia which is a huge population. It’s definitely going to take a long while before China and I don’t think Japan and Korea will jump in my lifetime due to how conservative they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 11-01-2019, 06:06 AM   #8
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

Congrats on getting Gronk on your show AllBthere

https://youtu.be/q0-IAbXKo0A

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk