Home

Litte things you’d like to see added to franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Litte things you’d like to see added to franchise mode? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-23-2019, 11:07 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Litte things you’d like to see added to franchise mode?

Wouldnt it be dope if you had an exit interview with players and let them know your expectations? They could gain strength/weight , lose weight to add agility.

It’d be cool if awareness and play recognition were tied to schemes and number of reps during a game and practice. So moving players into different schemes lowers their awareness and play recogition

Any other ideas for smaller stuff? I know we all want a coaching carousel but that’s a bigger addition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Litte things you’d like to see added to franchise mode?

Accurate contract system, combine drills, face to face negotiations for contracts like fifa, offseason workouts, emails from coordinators/position coaches about the status of their players (guys that are playing good, bad, low effort, bad attitude, etc), being able to re-sign before the last year of the deal, cutouts during the game that show highlights/scores from around the league.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Current cap rules will rollover and salary floor.

Deeper injury management.

Rotation management (ie, I want Soloman Thomas to fill in at LE for 1 snap every 4 snaps, I want Brieda and Coleman to alternate drives, etc.)

Better business management (Jed York does not set the ****ing price of hot dogs - he leases stadium space to outside businesses that set the price of hot dogs.)

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

I'd like more options as a coach for training players. Not just picking what i want to improve for an individual player but what i want my whole team to focus on. Make the team mold to your coaching style and based on your assistant coaches as well. Kind of like MLB the show but with the focus training set up that NFL2k5 had.

For example, If i want my Qb's to focus more time on game film I want their awareness to go way up by end of the season, and maybe id have to sacrifice arm strength or accuracy in order for that to happen. If i want my offensive line to focus on lifting the weights i want their strength and power to go way up, but there blocking awareness will suffer in return. This would really make coaching and progressing your team much more fun and challenging.

This would also work with the current progression system as well. If a player has star or superstar progression he would still excel above the rest because no matter what I decide as a coach he will still get alot of XP. The guys who only have normal or quick progression would suffer the most.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:21 PM   #5
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

All previous stats (don't think it's in Madden).

In NBA 2K, I can look at past Champions, Award Winners, and tons of stats on the players. Madden seems limited on seeing your past results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2019, 12:29 PM   #6
Rookie

downundermike's Arena

Same as always for me

1. Custom packages

2. Error free custom play book, with a fully blank play book to start with.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

A couple little things for me would be fixing systems already in the game.

Game planning is a system that should play a bigger role in franchise. As it stands now, (didn’t play 19) it’s a broken system that is just waisted space inside franchise. I want it to give me more information on my upcoming opponent and how to combat their scheme and keys to matching up their roster.

Schemes is heading down the same path as game planning. I think an easy fix is to just give a ratings boost to scheme fits rather than xp bonus.

Hidden rookie ratings and/or younger players that haven’t seen much playing time. This make preseasons game worth playing and camp battles would be fun watching play out. Also it would make it fun trying to turn other teams trash into your treasure. You know that there would be players dropped to early by impatient users.

Last edited by mtmetcalfe; 05-23-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

-Better carries/play time sliders. Don't know the proper term. But where we use to be able to set the percentage of playing time each player gets. Like RB1 gets 70%, RB2 gets 25%, and RB3 gets 5%. Stuff like that would be a lot easier of to distribute playing time without having to always doing formation subs. Hopefully it applies to simulation stats as well.

-better simulation stats, stat tracking, and advanced stats. I always like seeing Advanced stats. It would be nice to see Targets, QB hits, QB hurries, and Catches given up.

-Scouting Reports. Like from the Ps2 days where, each week you are given a scouting report of your opponents. You can be given details about scheme, basic team play calling tendencies, suggestions and players to watch out for.

-CPU being more aware of your tendencies. More of a big thing. But I would like to see CPU adjust more to what your team is doing off and in the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »