Home

The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

This is a discussion on The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-14-2019, 07:42 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

ESPN is reporting today that the NCAA is going to investigate whether the current rules can...

Written By: Raychel Sanner

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2019, 08:09 PM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

It's time. I say that selfishly as a gamer, and as a fan of college sports. I get the schools not paying players directly and with title 9 and all that. But if a company like EA or 2K wants to license the players for a game, let them make that money. If Coke wants to pay Tua to hock product, let him make that money. If I want to pay Jake Fromm 100$ for an autograph, let dude make that money without fear of being suspended. I feel like if you let the market play out then you get rid of a lot of these shady dealings.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-14-2019, 08:16 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

Seeing collegiate teams in NBA 2k and Madden now is making me feel like we may be coming closer to a game in the next few years. I would go bonkers for an NCAA football game on PC. I haven't kept up with all of the cases and whatnot, but is there still something other than fear from the universities that keeps a game from coming out that actually randomizes the rosters so that the likeness issue isn't the problem? Are there other issues at play besides the likeness issues? From what I understand, allowing the users to customize and share rosters is only an issue if EA markets the ability for users to create rosters that reflect real life. If they just market the ability to share rosters, sliders, playbooks, etc. then there is no liability. It only stems from them ever specifically marketing the aspect of using actual player likenesses in custom rosters and sharing them.

― Plato
Old 05-14-2019, 08:19 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19
somewhere in* a secret bunker, both 2k (CH2k) and EA(NCAA Football) have already been secretly working on a college sports title, just waiting for the day to be given the green light.* Upon given the go ahead both games release within a year.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:22 PM   #5
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Drop "shamateurism" and let the players commercialize themselves with free-market opportunities. This has always made the most sense, I'm just amazed the NCAA is actually attempting to follow through on it. Profit sharing might be a future step, but it may be both impractical and infeasible to implement. I say this because unless you do an even split across the board, you run into arithmetic issues, or the share may be so small that it isn't worth it.

There could be alternatives to explore, of course. Scholarships, cost reductions, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #6
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
YES PLEASE!!!
Old 05-14-2019, 09:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

I’m all for it!!!!! I’ve been starving for college sports games.*
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 05-14-2019, 09:54 PM   #8
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

Translation: The Feds/Congress have told the NCAA behind closed doors that this is going to happen...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »