Home

I Feel Guilty Choosing a New Team to Play With (SMH)

This is a discussion on I Feel Guilty Choosing a New Team to Play With (SMH) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-08-2019, 12:55 PM   #1
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0
I Feel Guilty Choosing a New Team to Play With (SMH)

The Nationals have been my favorite team since Bryce Harper stepped in the league. I was not watching baseball anymore during that time, so when I heard about Harper I am like, "Who is this guy?" I followed his rookie season and I was hooked. I started supporting the team. My first team I ever loved was the Toronto Blue Jays as a kid and I witnessed them win their back to back championships and I also loved the LA Dodgers. My cousin sent me a picture of us as kids and I was there rocking my Dodgers baseball cap.

I've been contemplating playing with the Dodgers for over a year now, but I finally decided to play a handful of games with them. I've added Ken Griffey, Jr. to the Nationals since he became a legend on the game, but I kept the exact team unless I lost players in free agency, which I did, but I digress.

I'm playing these games with the Dodgers and the first time I saw the Kid in the Dodgers uniform I am like, "Damn, he looks better in Dodger blue lol." He looked good on the Nationals, but something about him on the Dodgers is making me think of the good times as a kid being a Dodgers fan. I wasn't as big as a fan like I was the Blue Jays, but still had love for them.

Long story short, I am having a blast with the Dodgers. I keep tweaking the lineups and I found the ones I like. I also added Trea Turner. I traded David Freese to the Nationals. Of course, I am a beast with Turner and he has always been my leadoff man in my lineups, so now I am a having more of a blast because I got my boy on the Dodgers with Griffey and the real Dodgers. I didn't change anything else.

I am having so much fun with the Dodgers that I am feeling a bit guilty. I knew I was going to play with the Dodgers in my franchise eventually, but it was always an up and down decision. This has nothing to do with Harper's decision to go to the Phillies. I thought about playing with the Dodgers way before then like the Show 17 time frame.

TLDR; I know it's my game and my franchise and all, but I still feel guilty about choosing to play with another team. I am not going to do the two team thing like I did on the Show 15 with the Blue Jays and the Nationals. I won the World Series with both teams. I just want to stick with one team and call it a day. It's a bit heartbreaking to stop playing with the Nationals because they are still fun to play with, but there's something about playing with the Dodgers. I've only played with them since last weekend, but I am already good with them, probably better with them than the Nationals.

Does anyone else feel this way? Choosing a new team and feeling guilty because you repped so hard for another team for years and you just decide to try something new? I didn't want to make this thread, but I wanted you guys' opinions. I think I made the right decision. I'm not starting my franchise just yet. I'm just playing the daily games. Anyway, please give me your honest opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 01:09 PM   #2
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Re: I Feel Guilty Choosing a New Team to Play With (SMH)

If you are having fun stick with it. It's a game. That is all that matters here. I have a 2026 save file that has 2 teams, the Indians and the Giants. My favorite team IRL is the Indians. I simmed years and created the teams that dreams are made of. Either way, point is roll with what is fun for you.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 05-08-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #3
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

I'm the opposite, and usually feel guilty playing with my actual favorite team, the Jays.

I find it tough to move players that I've become attached to IRL. Traded Stroman at one point (Which is probably realistic), but 10 games later I missed playing with him too much, and ended up restarting.

If I were interested in trading for a star, would I ever consider moving a Bo Bichette type? Probably not.

With my current Marlins franchise (and other teams that I've played with), I don't have that same guilt. After 2019, if it's a successful season, will I consider moving some of the young talent that I'm currently developing? Absolutely.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:21 PM   #4
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

When I play my seasons, it usually is my Jays but all teams as real life. I don’t like fantasy trades and stuff. I like them where they actually are, and trading any of them (all teams) feels wrong lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #5
Rookie

15ish team control ... Cubs are my go to but I love playing with As and Braves and I feel guilty about it ... like I’m cheating on my wife

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 01:31 PM   #6
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I almost always play the Jays, though I have no qualms trading for the team I want.

This season though, I started an OSFM Giants franchise for my slider testing (I always have a test franchise since carry over attributes are inflated and can impact results). I'm shocked at how little guilt I feel. A part of that may be because I know I won't keep at it, I have WAY to much invested in my 2014 carry over Jays.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-08-2019, 02:12 PM   #7
Rookie

I’ve started separate seasons before with the ChiSox (my favorite team), DBacks, Pirates and a few others. Then I go to Sox games and wonder how I could ever choose a different team. I feel guilty and delete the other leagues and trade for my favorite players with the Sox. Then feel bad because I traded players who are on the Sox. Every. Single. Year.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:32 PM   #8
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I'll always be in that boat of, "If you're having fun, go for it.".

I NEVER used my Reds (or any of my other favortie teams) in a franchise....I always used a bunch of other teams for no rhyme or reason other than I thought they were interesting. Then last year....I spun my wheels on sliders until May, got frustrated, switched to DD, played the snot out of that offline until December, when I got back into franchise. This time, I decided to go with the Reds and had a ball, got past the trade deadline playing every pitch until 19 dropped (I may still pick it back up if I don't "feel it" with this year's team).

Point is, sometimes we just need that change of pace. If moving away from your Nats is doing it for you, go for it (it can also be a bit more fun because you don't know the team as well, you don't have those loyalties, you are a little less likely to be bogged down by your fandom).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »