Home

What was the best MLB The Show Game and Why? Graphics,Framerate and Gameplay?

This is a discussion on What was the best MLB The Show Game and Why? Graphics,Framerate and Gameplay? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-18-2019, 09:04 AM   #1
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

I have yet to get MLB 19 and wanted to know how much better it is AND if you had to what MLB The Show game was actually the bets after all the patches and roster updates?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What was the best MLB The Show Game and Why? Graphics,Framerate and Gameplay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

I have yet to get MLB 19 and wanted to know how much better it is AND if you had to what MLB The Show game was actually the bets after all the patches and roster updates?
I personally prefer 18 over 19 for gameplay (mostly hitting) . And 18 is also the one i consider the best all the way around. 19 seems basically like just another version of 18 to me, with a few pretty features added like fielding animations and presentation etc... Not enough to make much difference for me personally. But i do not care for the hitting "improvements" in 19. I like hitting and PCI response in 18 much better. I can't speak for framerate because i just never have a problem there in 18. And while 19 definitely seems to have framerate issues, i spend the majority of my time in 18, so i haven't thought of it much. 17 was what i consider the worst gameplay of the series. It's the only year i just stopped playing completely. There are good games before that, but they don't hold up to 18/19 graphics wise.

Last edited by NolanRyansSnowmonkey; 04-18-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:15 AM   #3
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Re: What was the best MLB The Show Game and Why? Graphics,Framerate and Gameplay?

Well on the one hand I think your first is always the best so for me that would be 07/08 (can’t remember which year I jumped on board). But on the other hand new and shiny can be considered best so for me that would be 19.
In all honesty I’ve bought and enjoyed every game in between as well.

I’ll say 19 is the best Show yet though. Gameplay has been fantastic so far in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 04-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #4
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

For me it is MlB the show 18

everything except for the philies stadium was on point

gameplay wise it was awesome too

problem is mlb 19 has improvement to the phillies and marlins new park so its saddening
Old 04-18-2019, 10:35 AM   #5
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
For me it is MlB the show 18

everything except for the philies stadium was on point

gameplay wise it was awesome too

problem is mlb 19 has improvement to the phillies and marlins new park so its saddening
That's the way i will feel next year when the new Globe Life Field will be in the game and I will probably still be playing '18 lol. Maybe I'll just move the Rangers to Shibe Park or something lol.... But, my fingers are crossed '20 will be just as great and I won't have to worry about it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2019, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

I m a big fan of The Show 18.

I just dont get the problem with 19. I mean what is the framerate thing ?

For me 19 looks like 18 with improved defence and few new screens design.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Old 04-18-2019, 02:59 PM   #7
Rookie

I really want to like 19 but there is something stopping me. Is 18 an all around good game? Any real glaring issues? Are bunts fixed in it, meaning no more rocket bunts?

Old 04-18-2019, 03:01 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by asjdwf21
I really want to like 19 but there is something stopping me. Is 18 an all around good game? Any real glaring issues? Are bunts fixed in it, meaning no more rocket bunts?

Rocket bunts are in '18

'18 is a very solid game. Similar to '19 aside from the improvement to defense in '19. There are other subtle differences in hitting and pitching, but they aren't as "drastic".

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »