Home

Patches just keep ruining this game

This is a discussion on Patches just keep ruining this game within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2019, 10:33 PM   #1
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Patches just keep ruining this game

Nail a slider set you like. People bitch and moan on the show nation. Developers tune the game to accommodate. Adjust you sliders again. People bitch and moan some more. Developers tune the game. Rinse repeat. I honestly don't know if I have the energy for the show this year. I am testing sliders more than I actually get to play. Sports gaming is becoming an excercise in futility. They can say they didn't do any tuning with this patch all they want, but I was getting a nice balance pre patch and now every single hit, I mean every single hit even hone runs are weak contact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2019, 10:34 PM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Re: Patches just keep ruining this game

Honestly I am just exhausted with this whole generation of gamers. The developers really just need to release a game, fix bugs, then hands off Jesus Christ
Old 04-17-2019, 10:36 PM   #3
Just started!

It's a placebo affect. This latest patch did nothing to the gameplay. I'm getting the same results as before.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:40 PM   #4
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Nail a slider set you like. People bitch and moan on the show nation. Developers tune the game to accommodate. Adjust you sliders again. People bitch and moan some more. Developers tune the game. Rinse repeat. I honestly don't know if I have the energy for the show this year. I am testing sliders more than I actually get to play. Sports gaming is becoming an excercise in futility. They can say they didn't do any tuning with this patch all they want, but I was getting a nice balance pre patch and now every single hit, I mean every single hit even hone runs are weak contact.
I would say definitely give it more time and a larger sample size. Baseball stats can lie like the devil in the short term.. so give it a few days for stats to stabilize a bit.

But, that being said, once you nail that slider set, do what i did last year and disconnect from online. You don't need any more patches anyway. While everyone was complaining about hitting mine just kept playing beautifully.

Obviously this isn't practical for everyone, if they need to connect for other games,play online, or have others using the same PS4. But if you don't need online, unplugging will give you much more fun playing time with your slider set.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:51 PM   #5
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Honestly I am just exhausted with this whole generation of gamers. The developers really just need to release a game, fix bugs, then hands off Jesus Christ
It is Easter Time. Are you a believer?

Time and time again the Lord's name is taken in vain...the moderators don't address it. So if someone is free to take the Lord's name in vain we should be free to use His Name with respect.

God Bless you all.

Please know this is not about the poster, this is really a larger issue on this site.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2019, 11:01 PM   #6
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil

Time and time again the Lord's name is taken in vain...the moderators don't address it. So if someone is free to take the Lord's name in vain we should be free to use His Name with respect.

God Bless you all.

Please know this is not about the poster, this is really a larger issue on this site.
The mods shouldn't address it and its not an "issue".
Old 04-17-2019, 11:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil

God Bless you all.

I don’t believe that the OS forums are the best place for a lesson on religion.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:46 PM   #8
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

I’m not noticing any difference with hitting but I keep my sliders on default except for pitch speed and injuries.

I really believe we’d all enjoy our games more if we would stop looking under the hood for problems and just enjoyed the game for what it is.

Remember gaming is supposed to be fun

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »