Home

I am tired of the CPU BP managment

This is a discussion on I am tired of the CPU BP managment within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2019, 10:45 PM   #1
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
I am tired of the CPU BP managment

the CPU has no idea how to use the BP.

first of all they will ALWAYS use the LR guy if the starter has to come out before 5 innings. it doesn't matter how gassed that player is the CPU will ALWAYS go to that player.

in a game where I was up 6-3 Koch came in early for the Dbacks. I managed to get the score to 9-3 was hitting walking like crazy keep in mind this player is now into his 2nd innings at 40 pitches.. CPU keeps him in walk hit then Pollack homers.... it's now 12-3 you would think the CPU would take him out now???? NOOOO!!!! of cause not!! keep him in there!! am I watching Major league the movie???

So I had to actually select the controller to the CPUs and make the DAMM change myself.. it doesn't matter what you do with the hook slider or stamina the CPU is DUMB DUMB DUMB when it comes to Bp engagement it has no idea... it will only use set up guys in the 8th innings if they are ahead by 1 run it will always use the Middle guys otherwise once again no matter how gassed they are.. they will always use the closer in the 9th in a save situation even if he has pitched the last 5 days.

my advice and the only way to fix this is manage the CPU BP yourself!! if you think they are gonna make a dumb change when the starter is out. quickly move the controller across to their team wait for the animation to start and move back to your team so they don't make that change till the next at bat..

and make the changes you think is right for their BP when it comes to that time of the game.. having said that I have tried to warm up their setup guys before beforehand thinking that would make them bring them in but NOOOO they sit them down automatically and warm up a middle guy that is gassed. unless it is a 1 run game

It actually ruins games. I find some of my wins are cheap because of how dumb the CPU is when it comes to BP management. I shouldn't have to spend time managing theirs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2019, 10:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: I am tired of the CPU BP managment

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
the CPU has no idea how to use the BP.

first of all they will ALWAYS use the LR guy if the starter has to come out before 5 innings. it doesn't matter how gassed that player is the CPU will ALWAYS go to that player.

in a game where I was up 6-3 Koch came in early for the Dbacks. I managed to get the score to 9-3 was hitting walking like crazy keep in mind this player is now into his 2nd innings at 40 pitches.. CPU keeps him in walk hit then Pollack homers.... it's now 12-3 you would think the CPU would take him out now???? NOOOO!!!! of cause not!! keep him in there!! am I watching Major league the movie???

So I had to actually select the controller to the CPUs and make the DAMM change myself.. it doesn't matter what you do with the hook slider or stamina the CPU is DUMB DUMB DUMB when it comes to Bp engagement it has no idea... it will only use set up guys in the 8th innings if they are ahead by 1 run it will always use the Middle guys otherwise once again no matter how gassed they are.. they will always use the closer in the 9th in a save situation even if he has pitched the last 5 days.

my advice and the only way to fix this is manage the CPU BP yourself!! if you think they are gonna make a dumb change when the starter is out. quickly move the controller across to their team wait for the animation to start and move back to your team so they don't make that change till the next at bat..

and make the changes you think is right for their BP when it comes to that time of the game.. having said that I have tried to warm up their setup guys before beforehand thinking that would make them bring them in but NOOOO they sit them down automatically and warm up a middle guy that is gassed. unless it is a 1 run game

It actually ruins games. I find some of my wins are cheap because of how dumb the CPU is when it comes to BP management. I shouldn't have to spend time managing theirs.
Use 30 team control and make sure the LR spots are empty for all the CPU teams. This solves the problem. Actually the BP management appears largely OK this year with that fix.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:21 PM   #3
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
Use 30 team control and make sure the LR spots are empty for all the CPU teams. This solves the problem. Actually the BP management appears largely OK this year with that fix.
this doesn't always work when you got teams that carry 8 men in the BP in fact just about all teams do these days
Old 04-14-2019, 11:39 PM   #4
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

As with most things wrong with the game, thank Diamond Dynasty. Franchise (and therefore CPU AI) gets less and less attention every year. This year is unquestionably the worst as there are essentially no new features. Minus contract extensions.... yaaaaay.....

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-14-2019, 11:45 PM   #5
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Last year during the Wild Card game, I had to switch to the Dodgers and bring in Kershaw in the 7th. It's win or go home, and so all hands on deck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2019, 11:58 PM   #6
Pro

Cpu bullpen is a joke, it’s horrendous. Really impacts the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2019, 12:34 AM   #7
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
this doesn't always work when you got teams that carry 8 men in the BP in fact just about all teams do these days

I’m going to try this. Fingers crossed. All the roster work we do as players just to have CPU management waste it. Frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2019, 01:41 AM   #8
Rookie

ChopperDave6609's Arena

I made a bug report about it on ShowNation over a week ago and haven't heard anything. Has anyone here had success getting a response from them this way?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »