Home

Adjusting sliders in My League?

This is a discussion on Adjusting sliders in My League? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-13-2019, 06:50 PM   #1
Rookie

LeanderRednael's Arena

OVR: 0
Adjusting sliders in My League?

Is it possible to adjust sliders in My League or is Play Now recommended for finding your slider set?

This game has been a nightmare. Sometimes I get a good feeling I can finally have some fun but one game later everything is turned into a horrible experience.

1) Automatic settings do NOT work. I only want to play without fiddling with strategies all the time...but without ACE the game is broken.

2) Automatic substiations do NOT work. I spent some time editing the patterns. Starting PG: 28 minutes, backup: 20 minutes. Should be easy, right? Does not work. The starter gets 33-35 minutes regardless of "use bench" and other settings. Sometimes even players NOT in the rotation are subbed in without any reason (just because others are tired or one has fouled out)

3) Are there so many ups and downs in My League so you cannot tweak your sliders? Everything feels completely random...is it because offensive and defensive consistency are set to 0? 7-10 steals a game, suddenly only 2 and I cannot get the ball from Oklahoma City. I can't even reach in! Nothing happens...no collision between the hand and the player.

4) The team mates are plain stupid. Off-ball defense makes no sense as they get outsmarted all the time regardless of settings. Oh wait, they had some good games but against the Thunder, they were standing around doing nothing although using the same strategy and sliders.

5) The C and PF get the most steals...due to cheap hard-coded animations or something like that.

6) Westbrook can't be stopped. Draining heavily contested shots back to back...

7) Using on-ball does not work. Using off-ball defense does not work either. I get the best result by switching around all the time...pressing buttons all the time...without rest.

8) I have yet to find a good Youtube gameplay video with a full game against the CPU. It is only a dunk fest or a tutorial but no real gameplay. I want to learn how to defend but every footage looks too different from mine. The players run and gun, don't play realistically...and everything seems to be easier on 2K cam but I hate it so I have to stick to Nosebleeds and don't see my half of the court when the CPU brings the ball...and throws half-court passes. Great.

9) Spent 95 hours in the game and I really hate it once again. Sometimes it is fun but only for a game...then everything is too random or broken...a completely different experience although I play the same style and all settings are the same. It's like rolling a die... 1: let's have a good game 2: now the CPU will hit everything 3: now the player won't get steals 4: etc...

RANT OVER!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Adjusting sliders in My League?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanderRednael
Is it possible to adjust sliders in My League or is Play Now recommended for finding your slider set?

This game has been a nightmare. Sometimes I get a good feeling I can finally have some fun but one game later everything is turned into a horrible experience.

1) Automatic settings do NOT work. I only want to play without fiddling with strategies all the time...but without ACE the game is broken.

2) Automatic substiations do NOT work. I spent some time editing the patterns. Starting PG: 28 minutes, backup: 20 minutes. Should be easy, right? Does not work. The starter gets 33-35 minutes regardless of "use bench" and other settings. Sometimes even players NOT in the rotation are subbed in without any reason (just because others are tired or one has fouled out)

3) Are there so many ups and downs in My League so you cannot tweak your sliders? Everything feels completely random...is it because offensive and defensive consistency are set to 0? 7-10 steals a game, suddenly only 2 and I cannot get the ball from Oklahoma City. I can't even reach in! Nothing happens...no collision between the hand and the player.

4) The team mates are plain stupid. Off-ball defense makes no sense as they get outsmarted all the time regardless of settings. Oh wait, they had some good games but against the Thunder, they were standing around doing nothing although using the same strategy and sliders.

5) The C and PF get the most steals...due to cheap hard-coded animations or something like that.

6) Westbrook can't be stopped. Draining heavily contested shots back to back...

7) Using on-ball does not work. Using off-ball defense does not work either. I get the best result by switching around all the time...pressing buttons all the time...without rest.

8) I have yet to find a good Youtube gameplay video with a full game against the CPU. It is only a dunk fest or a tutorial but no real gameplay. I want to learn how to defend but every footage looks too different from mine. The players run and gun, don't play realistically...and everything seems to be easier on 2K cam but I hate it so I have to stick to Nosebleeds and don't see my half of the court when the CPU brings the ball...and throws half-court passes. Great.

9) Spent 95 hours in the game and I really hate it once again. Sometimes it is fun but only for a game...then everything is too random or broken...a completely different experience although I play the same style and all settings are the same. It's like rolling a die... 1: let's have a good game 2: now the CPU will hit everything 3: now the player won't get steals 4: etc...

RANT OVER!
You can change sliders in MyLeague.

Here are some suggestions.

1. Use PSN miiikemarsh roster and sliders for your MyLeague. He heavily edited the tendencies of the players and you may prefer how they play better in his roster.
2. Follow the auto rotation suggestions from schnaidt in this thread: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-settings.html and here's an article I wrote about subbing. https://www.coach2k.com/2019/03/nba2...titutions.html
3. You got to turn ACE off and use some defensive settings. Just start with a stock set of settings and go from there. I use to be all auto but no longer use ACE. ACE only works well if you score effectively on offense.
4. Not sure what you are looking for from gameplay video on YouTube but here's some gameplay I've put up that you might enjoy.

From a fictional MyLeague (user vs cpu):

From some more sample game play vs human opponent using the Thunder last year I think.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 04-14-2019 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-14-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
Rookie

LeanderRednael's Arena

Thanks! Nice Hobgoblin team!

So substitutions are broken as it seems...as you have to use Schnaidt's workaround. Without the exact timeline I'd understand auto subs are not easy but with it? You can set the exact number of minutes of each player and who is subbed in for whom and when. I guess 2K focuses on My Team once again.

Last edited by LeanderRednael; 04-14-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:44 PM   #4
Rookie

LeanderRednael's Arena

Thanks! There shouldn't but I don't trust the game anymore. It just feels off. After adjusting my sliders and making everything a tad easier, I was leading by 24 in the third quarter when suddenly the CPU went nuts. I could not make shots anymore while the CPU played lightning-fast and was unstoppable. The run continued in the 4th quarter, the game was tied and I was lucky to get a close 114-112 win. Catch-up logic?

Moreover, I made an easy rotation test and set "user bench" to 100 and "performance factor" to 0. The game isn't able to handle rotations. Some numbers were correct but Porzingis and Doncic played 43 minutes instead of 36. Nowitzki and Lee were subbed in 1 minute before half time for the first time. Why can't the game call for an auto time out, then sub players according to the timeline?
Should I switch back to 2k17 or 15 for a better experience? I get frustrated every single game.

Last edited by LeanderRednael; 04-14-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:29 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Thanks! There shouldn't but I don't trust the game anymore. It just feels off. After adjusting my sliders and making everything a tad easier, I was leading by 24 in the third quarter when suddenly the CPU went nuts. I could not make shots anymore while the CPU played lightning-fast and was unstoppable. The run continued in the 4th quarter, the game was tied and I was lucky to get a close 114-112 win. Catch-up logic?

Moreover, I made an easy rotation test and set "user bench" to 100 and "performance factor" to 0. The game isn't able to handle rotations. Some numbers were correct but Porzingis and Doncic played 43 minutes instead of 36. Nowitzki and Lee were subbed in 1 minute before half time for the first time. Why can't the game call for an auto time out, then sub players according to the timeline?
Should I switch back to 2k17 or 15 for a better experience? I get frustrated every single game.

I never mess with the rotation timeline just the number of minutes so I’m not sure how that affects things if it’s been adjusted before making schnaidts adjustment. He actually changed his recommended settings this year but I still use his old settings.

Players won’t play exact minutes just close to the minutes allotted. If they are playing well they may get more time, less if not playing as well.

You may find you want to control your own subs or if you see guys ready to sub in but not able to call timeout on your own.

Whether you should switch or not is up to you. I’ve found that oftentimes players find a reason to hate every version of 2k.

At least with 19 you can still download some rosters and sliders without manually editing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2019, 10:56 AM   #6
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

From my experience the game with use whatever rotation you set up with your Advanced Rotations and your Advanced Rotation overrides any other rotation slider (user bench, performance factor, etc.)

The reason your seeing a discrepancy is because there's not enough stoppages in play. For example: The reason Dirk and Lee's first appearances were with 2 minutes left in the 1st Half is because there were no timeouts taken or fouls in the last two minutes of the 1st Quarter, so they missed their allotted time.

The only way to make sure players get in close to when they're supposed to is for you to be cognizant of your substation pattern and either call a Timeout or intentionally foul someone so you get a stoppage. It's unfortunate but both cpu timeouts and the overall number of fouls can be hit or miss. Until those or increase or we get something like TV Timeouts, then if you want your rotation to be closer to what you set for, then you kind of have to take matters into your own hands.

Actual minutes played will probably never match up perfectly with what your Advanced Rotation is set to because there's too many extenuating circumstances (like stoppages, if a player is shooting FT's when they're supposed to be subbed out, etc.). However, take more than a one game sample-size and it should be close as long as you make sure that your players are getting in by calling TO's or fouling.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-15-2019, 12:54 PM   #7
Rookie

LeanderRednael's Arena

Thanks!

I play with auto timeouts so the CPU should take them and sub my players in.

Even with no timeout available Nowitzki and Lee should have come onto the court after the first quarter...but they sat on the bench until one minute before half time.

I know it is difficult to implement realistic rotations (with normal minutes) but as there is a dedicated game feature (rotation timeline) it seems to be a glitch that it does not work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »