Home

Which slider to tell team mates to steal the ball?

This is a discussion on Which slider to tell team mates to steal the ball? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-08-2019, 10:58 PM   #1
Rookie

LeanderRednael's Arena

OVR: 0
Which slider to tell team mates to steal the ball?

Which slider do you increase to tell your CPU-controlled team mates to steal the ball?

Hardly ever does a CPU-controller player do anything...manual blocks are not difficult but on-ball steals are because it is very often a reach in. Double teaming someone gets me steals but if I am not quick and successful the pass results in two easy points with no defender near. There are videos "how to steal the ball every time" but it is unrealistic and does not work...you need to switch to 2K cam to make it easy but I don't use that.

So is which of the sliders makes my CPU-controlled team mates defend more effectively, steal the ball etc.? In some older NBA 2K game you could change your strategy and they would defend closely...or react to situation on their own. In 2K19 they stand around most of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2019, 01:47 PM   #2
MVP

jk31's Arena

Re: Which slider to tell team mates to steal the ball?

what? AI teammates are hacking the ballhandler All the time. i would Guess that around 70% of ocurring Fouls are caused by AI defenders attempting to steal the Ball resulting in a reach in.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:05 PM   #3
Rookie

LeanderRednael's Arena

Ok, I had drastically lowered the slider to get rid of the high number of fouls every few seconds. ... so that's why I get almost no steals.
Old 04-12-2019, 08:04 PM   #4
Pro

I've been wondering how to effect this outside of sliders.

In game, I've found the best thing is to be in position and attempt the steal yourself, relying on 2K defense in most situations will hurt you unless it's a superior defender.

As far as settings, having aggressive defense, deny ball, and front post, may effect the position your players are in, and potentially their likelihood to attempt a steal.

As far as stats, pass perception seems to affect player's ability to recognize passes coming their way, making it much more that they will steal the pass. Steal rating itself may be more relevant to on-ball steals, but may also affect player's steal animations and the speed of those animations, which I have been trying to figure out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »