Home

Hetfield's MLB The Show 19 Franchise Fantasy Draft Order

This is a discussion on Hetfield's MLB The Show 19 Franchise Fantasy Draft Order within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2019, 01:38 AM   #1
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

OVR: 3
Hetfield's MLB The Show 19 Franchise Fantasy Draft Order

Version 1.1 (4/8)

Greetings again, Show Community!

So every year, despite the new and improved game modes that come out for major electronic sports franchises, I still find myself mostly obsessed with my favorite element of these games: the franchise mode fantasy draft. Whoever conceived the idea deserves no less than 3 Nobel Peace Prizes.

Anyway, though the concept has given me tremendous joy and infinite hours of exciting gameplay and management decisions, it has also given me frustration, especially during the initial snake draft process. I am something of a perfectionist when it comes to drafting from scratch, so there are countless times where I have abandoned teams after the first few rounds and restarted several more times thereafter.

As was done last year and the year before, I have essentially simulated all 30 picks of the first 25 rounds (for the active roster) of a Fantasy Draft in Franchise Mode with the most recent rosters as of today and recorded the results. Since automatically simulating the draft takes you immediately to the franchise home screen and doesn't allow you to view the draft summary, I just selected one User team and picked everyone using the "Recommend Player" function, and then picked based on overall rating and age trends.

The positions have been color-coded in the following manner for easier viewing:

SP Red
RP/CP Orange
C Yellow
1B/3B Green
2B/SS Light Blue
LF/RF Dark Blue
CF Pink

While this certainly does take some of the fun out of drafting organically with no expectation of what will happen, I myself have done the draft mode so many times that at this point I already know vaguely what's going to happen, so I figured I might as well put it all down on paper and use it as a guide, and boy is it helpful. For example, The Show 19 still has the infamous Round 9 Relief Pitcher Extravaganza, meaning Josh Hader will never get taken by simulation until the first pick of that round since he's listed as an RP and not a CP.

That said, I have attached the spreadsheet as a PDF for viewing, for now just the SCEA version (not sure if I'll have time for OSFM yet). Unfortunately, since OS for some reason doesn't allow uploads of spreadsheet files directly, I am offering to email either to anyone who would want to have an editable copy. I'm also planning on updating this every month or so, as the changing ratings and sometimes positions do have an impact on when certain players tend to go. The next update will be probably late April, when most of the hyped prospects have been called up and franchise drafting really gets fun.

Also, keep in mind this is only based on one simulation and doesn't guarantee when players will get picked. This year has yet more variation in player drafting, which does yield a more realistic and fun mode! And I'm so happy we finally get to do contract extensions

Have lots of fun and let me know if you'd like an editable copy of either! Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MLB The Show 19 Franchise Fantasy Draft.pdf (103.4 KB, 780 views)

Last edited by hetfield426; 04-08-2019 at 02:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2019, 03:13 AM   #2
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Hetfield's MLB The Show 19 Franchise Fantasy Draft Order

Thanks for the list! You may well have just tempted me to roll with a fantasy draft team this year.
Old 04-08-2019, 02:53 PM   #3
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

My first updated version is up now! After I noticed they already added players like Fernando Tatis Jr., Eloy Jimenez, and Pete Alonso, I couldn't resist making a new one for my own benefit.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Thank you so much for your work on this! I too am the same and have done this for Madden & NBA2K. This will certainly save me some work.

I have a quick question in the realm of Fantasy drafting on The Show. I love legends and wanted to include them in a fantasy draft. Problem I am having with that is, there are several duplicate legends when you just click that button (Babe Ruth, Ken Griffey Jr, ect.). Any idea how to get around this issue and have a full on historic fantasy draft? Thank you!
Old 04-12-2019, 09:55 PM   #5
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Did they fix the fantasy draft this year? PLEASE tell me they did

I know in 18, it was broken, and you essentially had to sim year 1 of the fantasy franchise in order for the cpu to manage their roster properly.

Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2019, 01:02 PM   #6
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlyner1
Thank you so much for your work on this! I too am the same and have done this for Madden & NBA2K. This will certainly save me some work.

I have a quick question in the realm of Fantasy drafting on The Show. I love legends and wanted to include them in a fantasy draft. Problem I am having with that is, there are several duplicate legends when you just click that button (Babe Ruth, Ken Griffey Jr, ect.). Any idea how to get around this issue and have a full on historic fantasy draft? Thank you!
No problem! And that's a great question actually, I typically don't do fantasy drafts for franchise mode with legends, but little fun one-off postseason drafts (to get the most stacked lineups possible . I know in 2K they have a way to turn off duplicate players, which is a really nice feature, but I haven't found that in The Show, and this is the first time in offline modes they've actually had multiple Ruths, so unfortunately there's no way to work around this, unless you do 30-team control and just release one of them.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:03 PM   #7
Rookie

hetfield426's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
Did they fix the fantasy draft this year? PLEASE tell me they did

I know in 18, it was broken, and you essentially had to sim year 1 of the fantasy franchise in order for the cpu to manage their roster properly.

Dowie
I personally haven't noticed the same issues with roster management this year, especially since now you can actually extend contracts and stuff before the season begins, thank God.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:02 PM   #8
Just started!

Can you email this to me?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »