Home

Official 2019 Uniforms Errors and Omissions thread

This is a discussion on Official 2019 Uniforms Errors and Omissions thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-29-2019, 06:55 PM   #1
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Show fans, I’m back for year 6. I can’t take credit for this thread. You can though. I’m only as good as what I can spot. You make this thread go! I create this thread every season as a place for us to highlight what may be wrong with a team’s uniform. This is no way to pick on a developer or to argue about things. I am running a bit behind as my baseball team is actually getting good weather and there have been a ton of fixes. Uni watch has a great preview on SI.com too. Here’s a list of dos and donts as a reminder. Do say something like “the braves are missing an outline on their numbers” and even attach a pic if you’d like. Don’t say anything about developers, this game’s lighting made my red darker (go to the overhaul uniform thread), the style guide (which I personally debunked when I got access two years ago) or which favorite throwbacks you’d have a wishlist for. This is about what’s in the game, what’s wrong, and what’s missing vs the 2019 on-field season. Thanks for reading and adding to the thread. Another thing, there is no pullover template or elastic waist template so they will always have buttons on jerseys and belt loops. Also, there still are duplicate uniforms like the Pirates Sunday alternate and their road 70s uniforms. There’s also some incorrect defaults as the Rays will wear their navy tops on the road with white pants.

NLE
Braves: ERROR- stance socks should have stripes. Team color 1 and 2 should stay how they are default at home when on road and not reversing. 1950s throwback should have Indian head on sleeve. MISSING- Gray version of the 70s throwbacks worn at Philadelphia this year.
Marlins: ERROR- helmet is missing white outline around logo. Team color 3 should be red, not white or gray. 1993 should have teal helmet.
Mets:
Nationals: MISSING- White spring training jersey with Nationals script. ERROR- BP hat back should be navy, not red. Expos are missing mlb logo on back of hat.
Phillies: MISSING- Red alternate jersey. All maroon throwback uniform that will be worn. ERROR- 1980s jerseys need names on back. 74 needs a darker red. When wearing powder blue alternates, dugout jackets are current colors and not throwback.

NLC
Brewers: ERROR- Friday alternate uses black accessories instead of team colors. 1983 has too dark of blue.
Cardinals: MISSING- Blue belts and accessories when wearing road navy gear vs. red teams.
Cubs: MISSING- 1969 home throwbacks. 1980s home should have blue lettering.
Pirates: ERROR- when wearing Thursday home camo, pants should have no stripes, just solid white. MISSING- yellow pillbox hat. 1979 black uniforms (these are being worn 7-20-19 which makes them onfield worn. Should put them in the place of having the 1979 yellow as an alternate and throwback.)
Reds: ERROR- camo alt has green undershirts and should be red or black.

NLW
Diamondbacks: ERROR- Black alt hat with snake has too bright of red brim. When wearing teal accent uniforms, team color 1 remains red. Tc 1 should be teal. 2007 roads should be gray, not graphite like current gray shade. Alternate teal accented uniform should have helmet that matches hat. It’s using one standard helmet.
Dodgers:
Giants: ERROR- road gray pants are not the same shade as the jerseys.
Padres:
Rockies: ERROR- 1993 hats should have a smaller, taller CR logo that barely shows purple (please see sliver bullets pics on page 13).

ALE
Blue Jays: ERROR- white panel hats should have corresponding helmets. 1992 should have solid blue road helmets.
Orioles:
Rays: MISSING- 80s fauxback. 70s fauxback. Columbia blue BP hat. ERROR- Navy stingray hats should have same helmet. Road jerseys should have a white outline around the names on back.
Red Sox: MISSING- Boston strong home uniform worn on Marathon day.
Yankees: ERROR- Hat logo should be different than helmets.

ALC
Indians: ERROR- Chief Wahoo missing from 80s uniforms (we know why, but it’s wrong).
Royals: ERROR- when wearing the gold trim alternate, the helmet should match the hat. Powder blue throwbacks are missing names on back.
Tigers: MISSING- Both BP hats with the tiger on them. ERROR- shade of orange too light. 1984 helmets should have orange D.
Twins: ERROR- Hat lacks gold outlines around TC logo on home cap.
White Sox: ERROR- Home throwbacks missing number on the pants.

ALW
Angels: ERROR- 2001 throwback should have blue as the main team color and red as 2.
Astros:
Athletics:
Mariners:
Rangers:

Last edited by cherman24; 02-10-2020 at 06:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2019, 07:25 PM   #2
MVP

Bartolo Colon's Arena

OVR: 0

The list will be much shorter this year, SDS did an excellent job this year.

Blue Jays white panel cap is missing.

Last edited by Bartolo Colon; 03-30-2019 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Official 2019 Uniforms Errors and Omissions thread

Jays belt is supposed to be blue. The game has it black

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-30-2019, 01:06 AM   #4
Rookie

Leaf's Arena

The home Twins cap does not have the gold outlining that has been present IRL for a couple years now. Fairly minor, but so disappointing to see.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:33 AM   #5
Rookie

numbers on front of pirates home jerseys look too high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2019, 01:53 AM   #6
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccosback
numbers on front of pirates home jerseys look too high.
I don’t believe you’re right. I don’t have the game right. Front of me, but their real numbers are rather high in the front. I actually think SDS did a good job on up****** front numbers on a few teams this year.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:53 AM   #7
MVP

This may be a style guide issue so it may not be "wrong" but the Rockies road jersey is paired with the wrong cap, it should be the black one with the purple bill, not the all black one.

I know it can be changed but on the default option its incorrect.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:21 AM   #8
MVP

In general almost all the colors when editing gear are too dark. Team colors got brightened but somehow these are still left in the dust and it's atrocious. The red yellow gold and orange are particularly bad. These need to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »