Home

Bringing Back College Hoops with Recruiting Tools for current games

This is a discussion on Bringing Back College Hoops with Recruiting Tools for current games within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-27-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Bringing Back College Hoops with Recruiting Tools for current games

I have been working on a set of tools to allow us to get a decent recruiting experience out of the current NBA 2K Games using College rosters.

I have a rather large system for playing full on college hoops. The recruiting portion was my biggest hurdle as there was no way to simulate recruiting in game.

-Where do the other prospects go?-
Some will go to their preferred schools (the school listed in their vitals) others will be selected by CPU in the draft. Not every team will get a draft pick. I will explain more on that in a future video.

-who goes pro?-
I cover some of that in the following vid but mostly award winners and/or all stars

I think I will be refining this aspect of my system soon

Feedback is welcomed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2019, 06:58 AM   #2
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Bringing Back College Hoops with Recruiting Tools for current games

Very cool stuff my man! I haven't played NBA 2k since 2k11 and don't play Madden much at all either but have always thought about how would people be able to use the NCAA mods for both games to keep some sort of organic recruiting system alive. This seems to get the job done very well. Can't imagine how much work this took on your end.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
Rookie

pixelfunk's Arena

Incredible. Looks like TONS of work went into this. Thank you.

I am curious to see more of how it all works and what the parameters are. Well done though.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:43 PM   #4
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Instead of going in and creating recruits one by one, would it be possible to create a spreadsheet that you could just fill in the information for, connect it to the Google Forms and go about the recruiting process that way?
Old 04-08-2019, 10:27 AM   #5
MVP

Thanks for checking out the vid guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1zzo23
Instead of going in and creating recruits one by one, would it be possible to create a spreadsheet that you could just fill in the information for, connect it to the Google Forms and go about the recruiting process that way?

You only need to manually input the recruits the 1st time.
When you actually start your recruiting sessions, you can just paste your list of recruits and then they will show up each time.

You are limited to about 28 to 30 recruiting sessions. After that the sheet will not record the recruits interest progress even if you keep trying to recruit.

Oh here is the setup process (the 1st 9 minutes are the basic setup instructions, you can speed the video up if necessary)

And here is a the beginning of my own series that will incorporate the recruiting tool.
I figured this is a better way to show how you can realisticly use the tools while running a college roster. The good thing is you can use the tools with older versions of 2K and upcoming 2K20 also.

Last edited by TGsoGood; 04-08-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2023, 09:23 PM   #6
MVP

updated the tool a bit

College Hoops Recruiter tool

File link (must have google account to use properly) -
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ChzPQdb7TAzsGM

If you have ever had any interest in taking players from your highschool rosters to your college rosters, this would be a great tool.
This is a tool to recruit senior highschool players to your college or university.

This tool includes features such as:

-A Recruit Central page that shows you, your prospects and their ranking in High school
-Gives you updates on the players thoughts on his recruiting journey

-Let's you know a recruits Motives, this will help you pitch your school to a recruit

-Includes multiple recruiting options/ ways to recruit

==================================================

https://youtu.be/wI_SviEIU_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPc26FsPtO4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »