Home

Pitch speed/velo (Online/Offline)

This is a discussion on Pitch speed/velo (Online/Offline) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2019, 05:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pitch speed/velo (Online/Offline)

I don't know if there was a thread made for this yet, but I came immediately from playing The Show 18, and hopped into a couple modes like DD, and March to October, and the default speed (like how much reaction time we get) is insane. I've played the show for years, mostly on All-Star level difficulty, and I'm actually struggling to hit this year.

You can call me a 'Normie' who just isn't good at the game, but I've been playing for years and for the first time Online and Offline, I feel like I can't play this game. Add in the framerate problems, it's making me wish I waited to buy it.

Is this just me, or is the pitch speed/reaction time to pitches a little too much?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 05:53 PM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Re: Pitch speed/velo (Online/Offline)

I have it cranked all the way down to 1 on all star and I am still having trouble catching up. I started using guess pitch because the only way I am catching up to the guys who throw 98 mph is if I know it's coming. Add in the fact there seems to be a delay in the swing from when I press to X to when they start actually swinging and it's tough.

I was afraid they were going to do this when they said they increased pitch speeds. I am not trying to be an online GOD at this game, I just want to be able to play it like years past. But yes, to answer your question I am having a bit of trouble as wel
Old 03-26-2019, 05:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I have it cranked all the way down to 1 on all star and I am still having trouble catching up. I started using guess pitch because the only way I am catching up to the guys who throw 98 mph is if I know it's coming. Add in the fact there seems to be a delay in the swing from when I press to X to when they start actually swinging and it's tough.

I was afraid they were going to do this when they said they increased pitch speeds. I am not trying to be an online GOD at this game, I just want to be able to play it like years past. But yes, to answer your question I am having a bit of trouble as wel
Im glad im not the only one!

Hopefully they can fix this in a patch if enough people dislike the change, cause if they can't, this is completely ruining the game for me.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:57 PM   #4
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillGio
Im glad im not the only one!

Hopefully they can fix this in a patch if enough people dislike the change, cause if they can't, this is completely ruining the game for me.
I know a lot of people wanted higher pitch speeds so I don't want them to patch it out for their sake. Maybe just make the slider range wider
Old 03-26-2019, 06:17 PM   #5
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

(offline) I'm loving the pitch speeds on legend batting/pitching with default sliders. I tried maxing both pitching sliders out on legend and it is still playable, but it will take some getting used to and all of my concentration if I continue to go that route.

I made a post in the slider section of the forums which hasn't gotten much feedback yet but I would love to know what the most accurate pitch speeds would be just to see what the real life guys face. I have no idea if legend with max speed is too fast or just right or what.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 06:17 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I know a lot of people wanted higher pitch speeds so I don't want them to patch it out for their sake. Maybe just make the slider range wider
Right, I mean I just want it to be a little more moderate, ya know? I feel like the pendulum swung all the way to the other end, instead of a incremental increase. I'm worried in DD too because everyone has different latency, and if there is lag on one end of the game, and you combine that with the new velo, it just makes it impossible to catch up to high fastballs (especially when some DD cards have like 110 Velocity lol)
Old 03-26-2019, 10:46 PM   #7
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillGio
I don't know if there was a thread made for this yet, but I came immediately from playing The Show 18, and hopped into a couple modes like DD, and March to October, and the default speed (like how much reaction time we get) is insane. I've played the show for years, mostly on All-Star level difficulty, and I'm actually struggling to hit this year.

You can call me a 'Normie' who just isn't good at the game, but I've been playing for years and for the first time Online and Offline, I feel like I can't play this game. Add in the framerate problems, it's making me wish I waited to buy it.

Is this just me, or is the pitch speed/reaction time to pitches a little too much?
Yes pitch speeds were raised very little , but the problem you’re experiencing is they slowed down the pci movement speeds. It will take a little while to get used to, just keep practicing. I’ve been a Ws player every year in the game and the slowing down of the pci is a learning curve for me too.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:14 PM   #8
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

I don't use PCI. I am a directional hitter. The problem is I am about 30 plus games in and I can't pick up the fastball. I simply don't have enough time to react. I already have the pitch speed cranked all the way down but I don't know what else to do at this point. I may just go back to 18 because I am getting a tad frustrated. I get that people wanted faster pitch speeds, but at least give us a wider range on the sliders. I am already at 0 on pitch speed now and it is still almost 3 times faster than MLB '18. I am not trying to "get good". I am just tying to have a good experience and this pitch speed is flustering me quite a bit.

There's a difference when I am using guess pitch and know exactly what pitch is coming and still can't time it up

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »