Home

Question for manage mode users

This is a discussion on Question for manage mode users within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Question for manage mode users

How does the game play on the field compared to 18?

I liked 18 once they finally finished patching it. What differences if any do you see?
Old 03-26-2019, 03:08 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Question for manage mode users

plays really smooth faces are improved overall better in graphics. more camera angles added. i like the new manager mode interface. there is a problem though hopefully they fix it with a patch. its happened quit a bit in games. sometimes when you click play ball the screen freezes! annoying!
but if you go bullpen then click out back to game mode then it works for a few more pitches then it will do it again. like i said annoying but there is the bullpen fix. same lack of offense so starting to fiddle with my sliders to get gameplay where i want it. player movements are alot more real looking and there defensive ratings really come to life poor defensive outfielders take poor angles to the ball will misread the ball off the bat sometimes. its really well done! fix that little glitch and im good to go! i also use QC with my manage mode could be the reason the glitch.

Last edited by jripper09; 03-26-2019 at 03:10 PM. Reason: to add
Old 03-26-2019, 03:13 PM   #3
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jripper09
plays really smooth faces are improved overall better in graphics. more camera angles added. i like the new manager mode interface. there is a problem though hopefully they fix it with a patch. its happened quit a bit in games. sometimes when you click play ball the screen freezes! annoying!
but if you go bullpen then click out back to game mode then it works for a few more pitches then it will do it again. like i said annoying but there is the bullpen fix. same lack of offense so starting to fiddle with my sliders to get gameplay where i want it. player movements are alot more real looking and there defensive ratings really come to life poor defensive outfielders take poor angles to the ball will misread the ball off the bat sometimes. its really well done! fix that little glitch and im good to go!
Interesting that you cite lack of offense. That was definitely a problem in 18 early on but after they finished patching I found offense to be fine. There were a few small things which I'd be surprised if they were fixed. For example if the cpu defense expected a sacrifice bunt the user controlled batter would not swing away - he would either strikeout looking or walk if you didn't order him to bunt.

Thanks for the reply. I'll get the game but I won't make a special trip since they didn't do much for franchise this year.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:41 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Considering I haven't played this game in years (think my last version was 14?), has the Manager Mode improved? More camera angles, features, etc?
Old 03-26-2019, 03:47 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Interesting that you cite lack of offense. That was definitely a problem in 18 early on but after they finished patching I found offense to be fine. There were a few small things which I'd be surprised if they were fixed. For example if the cpu defense expected a sacrifice bunt the user controlled batter would not swing away - he would either strikeout looking or walk if you didn't order him to bunt.

Thanks for the reply. I'll get the game but I won't make a special trip since they didn't do much for franchise this year.

i play QC so getting offense right with ks and walks is tricky. there is alot more 1-1 counts this year which i like. still too many foul balls ks are about right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2019, 06:06 PM   #6
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Considering I haven't played this game in years (think my last version was 14?), has the Manager Mode improved? More camera angles, features, etc?
I only use press box camera so I can't comment on cameras but mlbts 18 was the best version I've played and I exclusively use manage mode.

Having said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I can't say what your experience would be. I haven't purchased 19 yet but a previous poster in this thread indicated it freezes frequently which would frustrate me to no end so I'll wait until they patch the game and clean up bugs to purchase 19.

Last edited by tessl; 03-26-2019 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:21 AM   #7
Rookie

I would be curious to hear any feedback in regards to the new Manager Mode UI this year. I always found the menus to be not very user friendly so I came up with a new design this year (shout out to Joe and Steve for the help in making it all work!). Hopefully it’s an improvement.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:52 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_SDS
I would be curious to hear any feedback in regards to the new Manager Mode UI this year. I always found the menus to be not very user friendly so I came up with a new design this year (shout out to Joe and Steve for the help in making it all work!). Hopefully it’s an improvement.

Loving the new Ui manage only guy really enjoying it so far For the record I haven’t had any freezing just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »